ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are good thoughts! For me, the question would then be why, if he was trying to evade camera capture on the way there, would he drive so far east, only to drive north and then west through a neighborhood before going to King Rd., especially if that isn't the route he took home. And, if he took Sand/Palouse Rd any farther east than the Conestoga Dr. mentioned in the affidavit, he would have passed many places likely to have CCTV, such as a couple businesses, industrial buildings, and storage facilities, before turning to go back west through the neighborhood.

When he was last seen in Pullman, he was on 270, which turns into 8. At one point, LE looked at businesses in Troy and Kendrick for surveillance footage. If BK took HWY 8 through Moscow heading east, and was seen on camera on the east edge of town, still going east, that would lead directly to Troy. Since LE wanted to look for footage there, it makes me wonder if the Elantra was already known about and they were trying to find out where it went. IMO, this didn't need to be included in the PCA because that only raises doubt as to if it was the same vehicle as later seen heading west, if that makes sense.

Here's just a random example. There is a state roads building along Hwy 8 east of Moscow that appears to have a camera. It's 20 minutes from Pullman to that building. That puts him there around 3:13. He then heads south through rural roads and comes out on Indian Hills Dr. Per Google, that would take around 8 minutes, so depending on what roads he takes and/or speed, ending up on 700 block of Indian Hills Road at 3:26 doesn't seem too implausible.

Regarding his exit after the crime, him leaving on Sand Rd, if he stayed on Sand Rd south, then turned east on Snow Rd, it eventually meets up with Hwy 95, just north of Blaine, where his phone was turned back on. That route would also have avoided cameras as it's very rural, imo.

This is probably a huge over-analysis on my part, but I have that tendency with maps. :)
Maybe he had phone off (obvious reasons) and got lost, so that’s why he turned phone on randomly.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

... JMO

I disagree, IMO he would have needed to have some knowledge of human anatomy and some form of knife skills.
Just because he may have known where to stab in order to cause death, doesn't mean he could stab with precision under pressure, or in a struggle.
If he targeted essential organs, with few stab marks in other areas of the body, I would lean towards a prior attack or at least advanced knowledge of attacks from his former education.
However, on the other hand, if the stab wounds were spread all over the bodies, I lean towards blind stabbing and a brutal, rapid attack.
With no knowledge of the autopsy contents or wounds, I think BK knew what he was doing, planned it, knew where he needed to stab the victims, and did so quickly and exited the house after he was finished.
JMO All Speculation

ETA: If this was BK's first attack, and it seemed calculated, he most likely researched methods or human anatomy somewhere before his actions. Hopefully, this leaves a paper trail and continues adding to the evidence building against him. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the lighting issue goes, I often get up on the middle of the night and wander around the house without turning on lights. There is typically enough ambient light from things like street lights, digital oven clock, my cell phone, etc... I also remember seeing twinkle lights and neon signs around the house and not sure some of those might not have been left on as well.

With respect, I know we are all on pins and needles looking for any info we can, but this seems to be such an invasion of privacy. The poor man is just trying to clean up the mess from his house on the worst night of his life and camera people are hiding in the bushes taking pictures. He probably can't afford to even hire someone to do it, or can't find someone willing to come out to that address. I know I am a ninny, but I often have sympathy for the innocent families of killers as well, unless they are somehow shown to be involved.
Yep. BK's parents have basically also lost a child now, but in stark contrast to the victim's parents they will not be shown much empathy.

That happened at the end of Dec, he is just now cleaning it up?
It's probably a good sign that he is regaining at least a small measure of control back over his life since the alleged actions of his son completely overturned it.

I feel very sorry for him. BK has produced many victims, of varying degrees of destruction.

It did seem odd that BK was given a citation for not wearing a seat belt in the first place, and to be pulled over around midnight when it was dark for something like that.

"It is not clear what Mr Kohberger was doing in the area at the time – just 1.7 miles and a five-minute drive from the home on King Road where Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were stabbed to death on 13 November after returning from a night out.'

Bryan Kohberger was stopped by police minutes from Idaho murders home in August

Maybe LE had seen his car driving around late at night (more than once?) since he arrived in town in August (BK's seat belt violation was August 21, 2022 -- see link above), or idling, or some vehicle behavior that wasn't similar to a local coming and going directly from point A to point B, and added to that he had OOS license plates, so they pulled him over to see what he was up to.

Idaho state law on seat belt use indicates someone can not be pulled over just for a missing seat belt, though:

"CHAPTER 6
RULES OF THE ROAD
49-673. SAFETY RESTRAINT USE. (1) Except as provided in section 49-672, Idaho Code, and subsection (2) of this section, each occupant of a motor vehicle that has a gross vehicle weight of not more than eight thousand (8,000) pounds, and that was manufactured with safety restraints in compliance with federal motor vehicle safety standard no. 208, shall have a safety restraint properly fastened about the occupant’s body at all times when the vehicle is in motion.

... [...] ...

BBM:
(5) Enforcement of this section by law enforcement officers may be accomplished only as a secondary action when the operator of the motor vehicle has been detained for a suspected violation of another law."

Section 49-673 – Idaho State Legislature

So LE must have suspected BK of some violation of another law.

IMO:

I wonder if LE gave him the ticket (instead of a warning?) to document his vehicle's presence & so he would get the hint that his presence in the area late at night 10 miles from his home in a neighboring town was being noted.

Because they could not prove he had "violated another law" which was the underlying reason for pulling him over and giving him the seat belt citation.

LE in his own town of Pullman must have known of him (BK's LE internship request was within a few weeks or months of the seat belt violation -- see link below) since:

"He submitted his application to the police department at some point during the fall semester, when he took his first semester of classes at WSU after graduating from DeSales University with a master’s degree in psychology and cloud-based forensics in June 2022.

"Kohberger wrote in his essay he had interest in assisting rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological data in public safety operations," an arrest affidavit states."

BBM: "Kohberger wrote in his essay he had interest in assisting rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological data in public safety operations," an arrest affidavit states."

IMO "Wouldn't He Just"... ...be "interested" in this! ^^^^^^^^^^^ IMO

I wonder if it (BK's proposed work under the proposed internship) would have given him access to their data, and LE was like, "thanks but no thanks", and his credentials did not indicate his assistance was warranted or welcome. JMO

Idaho murders: Bryan Kohberger applied for internship at Pullman Police Department in fall 2022

Maybe local LE's hinky meters were up about BK from their initial interaction at the time of the seat belt citation, which was the same month (August) he arrived in town, or even before. It hasn't been clear IMO whether his cell phone pinged in Moscow between June when he bought it & August when he moved there.

But he could have come out to ID to scope things out for his move prior to August. In the press conference on December 30, 2022 in PA after BK had been arrested there, and all the different LE representatives spoke about the investigation, 1st Assistant DA Mancuso said (at about the 10 minute 22 second point in the video) something along the lines of LE there in PA looking into any back ground on BK's activities in PA both after & prior to the murders.

Watch: Pennsylvania State Police news conference on Bryan Kohberger arrest in Idaho murders

Presumably, they're trying to suss out what BK's activities/movements were for the months leading up to the crimes that he may have been in the area or back in PA between:

June when he buys the cell phone that later pings around the victims' home and
November when the murders were committed

JMO
He was probably tailgating someone. :) jmo

As I looked into it: there was nothing really noteworthy on the Pullman police activity logs in the two weeks before the murders, though there was some weird stuff, including a rose left on someones doorstep on Oct 30, downstairs door being unlocked and the crawl space open on Nov 4, someone trying to break into the apartment 0.4 miles from BKs assumed residence on Nov 5 and an hour and half later „caller reporting that they left to get food and when they came home their front door was wide open and no one is answering“ at another location not far away (and also a sexual assault report about the day before, only stood out because it was just across the field from BKs supposed residence), one indecent exposure on Nov 8, and then on Nov 10 at 20:58 „There's a crawl space in the garage that was closed when they left their residence. RP came back and the crawl space opening was open. Wondering if an officer can come by and check. Officer responded, computer report.“ and a somewhat inriguing report at 22:33 „Thinks someone is following them, just passing McDonalds. Officers responded. Computer report.“

So far I think it’s unlikely any are realated. But I will also look into the reports from the post-arrival-to-WA pre-stalking-idaho4 period as well, once we have these dates.

These are good thoughts! For me, the question would then be why, if he was trying to evade camera capture on the way there, would he drive so far east, only to drive north and then west through a neighborhood before going to King Rd., especially if that isn't the route he took home. And, if he took Sand/Palouse Rd any farther east than the Conestoga Dr. mentioned in the affidavit, he would have passed many places likely to have CCTV, such as a couple businesses, industrial buildings, and storage facilities, before turning to go back west through the neighborhood.

When he was last seen in Pullman, he was on 270, which turns into 8. At one point, LE looked at businesses in Troy and Kendrick for surveillance footage. If BK took HWY 8 through Moscow heading east, and was seen on camera on the east edge of town, still going east, that would lead directly to Troy. Since LE wanted to look for footage there, it makes me wonder if the Elantra was already known about and they were trying to find out where it went. IMO, this didn't need to be included in the PCA because that only raises doubt as to if it was the same vehicle as later seen heading west, if that makes sense.

Here's just a random example. There is a state roads building along Hwy 8 east of Moscow that appears to have a camera. It's 20 minutes from Pullman to that building. That puts him there around 3:13. He then heads south through rural roads and comes out on Indian Hills Dr. Per Google, that would take around 8 minutes, so depending on what roads he takes and/or speed, ending up on 700 block of Indian Hills Road at 3:26 doesn't seem too implausible.

Regarding his exit after the crime, him leaving on Sand Rd, if he stayed on Sand Rd south, then turned east on Snow Rd, it eventually meets up with Hwy 95, just north of Blaine, where his phone was turned back on. That route would also have avoided cameras as it's very rural, imo.

This is probably a huge over-analysis on my part, but I have that tendency with maps. :)
I like your thinking and I also can get obsessively into mapping at times, but I'm gonna have to study that PCA yet again! I agree it makes sense that any camera sitings that had him on the east edge of town going towards Troy prior would be left out so as not to raise doubt re the vehicle being the same one then seen heading west on East Indian and Styner. But later if LE do have footage then the defense will want that ofcourse (but I digress). One thing, I remember him being last recorded leaving Pullman, direction south-east on Nevada street (I looked up Nevada in Pullman but the good God Google said no such street so I figured LE/PCA meant South East Nevada) and heading towards 270 (?) but may be wrong. I'll have to check that. Do you think LE has more footage for the night before and after? I don't think they do for his egress between 4.20 and the siting on Walenta South post murders as the PCA wording suggests LE extrapolated to have him exiting the "area/neighbourhood" onto Palouse/Sand on the basis of other cameras where he was not recorded exiting. Again, I need to re look the PCA re post murders, but from memory they can plot him when he turns phone back on via pings, but the first camera to pick him up (?) is on Johnson Road heading heading towards Pullman (it's a business not far from the 270 road intersection says Google God , he would then cross 270 in order to get picked up by a few cameras on that Stadium road heading north (?) towards his residence). What he did before is going to come up if this goes to trial imo, so I reckon it is worth sleuthing the maps etc. I see the reasoning behind your random e.g, and why if he was picked up at that camera LE might leave it out of the PCA. Seems to me (IMO) that there is no way LE could get a totally clear picture of where he went prior to 3.26 from cameras as they could not have got footage from every camera for all his possible routes for that night IMO. I suppose (IMO) It's not impossible that BK could have been thinking this and that's why he zipped around where ever he did. Do you think LE would have routinely collected/requested footage from cameras between Sand/Palouse and East Indian for that morning? After discovering the Queen st footage? I can see endless scenarios of various footage being unavailable/wiped for some of the locations out of the immediate neighbourhood and not on the majot roads. Time to re-read the PCA!

If BK maintains the KA-BAR knife was stolen, does this become a circumstantial case? Yes, his car has been caught in the area on several occasions, but he might find some way to explain that away. Perhaps he could say he left his phone in the car (hence the tracking) and the knife in the car, and someone kept "borrowing" the car. I am wondering if there is any other DNA evidence that would tie him to the crime scene ...
Ok but too many coinkydinks and you're guilty IMO.

Plus let us not forget the PCA is just enough to charge & hold, it's not all the evidence - or probably even the most damning evidence - they've got.

I'd like to see his computer search & purchase history be explained away - hard to impersonate that. Of course, it's not in evidence yet. Just speculating.

Enjoy your exquisite vegan prison diet, BK. No cheating with Cheetos from the commissary! Lol

JMHO

IMO, the defense is going to have to come up with several explanations for evidence that could explain reasonable doubt. But a list of odd denials (knife stolen, car stolen on several occasions, phone stolen, my DNA smeared on sheath, etc.) will not cut the mustard.

If they find ANY MORE evidence (odd searches on his computer (google earth or maps of the 1122 address, DNA in the car somewhere, etc.) they have no chance of providing reasonable doubt to a semi-intelligent jury.

Once discovery is shown, the defense will probably recommend a guilty (or insanity) plea.

However, BK may be so delusional he wants the sensation of a real trial.

"The father of accused killer Bryan Kohberger was spotted cleaning up debris and shattered glass left on the family's Pennsylvania property a week after their son's dramatic arrest at their home."

I feel such a profound sadness from watching the video of his father cleaning up. BCK left a trail of utter and total destruction and despair in the wake of these murders. May he spend the rest of his miserable existence paying for what he did.

Not news. The man's son is in custody for 4 murders. His house has been raided and trashed. His personal anonymity has been compromised. His right to privacy is shot. Not news. He's trying to repair his house, his life, his soul. Not the situation a retired man wished for himself and his wife.
Leave him alone.
I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members