ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
WSU students: Kohberger spoke up in class — except when Moscow killings were the topic

During class, Kohberger, 28, appeared academic minded and didn’t shy away from speaking up, including challenging his classmates, said Roberts, and another master’s degree student who the Statesman granted anonymity to answer emailed questions.

Kohberger’s enthusiasm for his area of study — understanding the criminal mind — was regularly on display, they said.

“Bryan only talked about his interest in forensic psychology,” the master’s student told the Statesman. “He was an incredibly strong student and talked during class every time.”

“He sat front and center, and was not hiding or tucking back in the back,” Roberts added. “He was right there in the middle of it.”

As a result, Kohberger’s non-participation in a lengthy conversation about the Moscow homicides stands out in retrospect, said the master’s student. The person said they had four classes with the man now sitting in the Latah County Jail, including a courts and legal process class where the killings were discussed before the semester ended the week of Dec. 12.

“He was completely silent,” Kohberger’s classmate said.

Last edited:
I agree. Could be something as diminutive as a low wattage “nightlight” in one of the lower kitchen wall sockets. I’m thinking that she probably ate her food in her bedroom, even as Ethan fell asleep on the bed. One can easily navigate a phone and eat some food without turning on any other light (I’ve done this myself!).

If there were any light turned on in the kitchen it would have more than likely illuminated DM as BK walked past. I do not believe any “light” was on in the kitchen at the time BK exited. Z may have even had her phone’s flashlight mode engaged as she navigated her quick route to the kitchen and back.

I believe she ran across him as she was returning to her bedroom (after dropping off her food bag now containing her trash and wrappers) in the kitchen. She heard him, and ran for her room speaking aloud the words which DM thought K had uttered. He launched his assault at the threshold of her bedroom, before gaining entrance and killing both of them inside the room.

It’s agonizing to think of what she may have experienced before being killed. Her existence “interrupted” by a killer intent on death and destruction. One moment she was on tik tok. The next she was fighting for her life next to Ethan (who was nightmarishly roused from his sleep when he was attacked). Make every moment count. Because…they really do. JMOO
I've wondered if there was any ambient lighting that remained on during the night in the apartment. We have the light/switch plate combination in our hallways and undercounter lighting in our kitchen that remains on during the night. Point is that I wonder how dark it was when BCK was in the apartment? If we accept the fact that XK, DM and EC were all awake or awakened during BCK's time there, it may have been easy to see him. Is it possible that XK paused to see who she possibly heard in the LR or on the steps thinking it was someone she knew visiting one of the other girls?? Just trying to imagine how it happened and JMO.

I feel such a profound sadness from watching the video of his father cleaning up. BCK left a trail of utter and total destruction and despair in the wake of these murders. May he spend the rest of his miserable existence paying for what he did.
I also felt such a profound sadness from watching the video of his father cleaning up. And, as SRWCF said, BCK left a trail of utter and total destruction and despair. Just makes me so sad . . .

Not news. The man's son is in custody for 4 murders. His house has been raided and trashed. His personal anonymity has been compromised. His right to privacy is shot. Not news. He's trying to repair his house, his life, his soul. Not the situation a retired man wished for himself and his wife.
Leave him alone.
I thought BCK's parents lived in a gated community. I wonder how those photographers got in there. What a scummy job that would be.

The articles says that happened a week after the arrest. Maybe some delay for the search warrant, and an insurance claim, etc.
Thank you so vert much @PrairieWind!
My mistake, I did hurried and missed that because I was at the last end of my break. I thought it was the broken glass from the door.
I truly appreciate your post.
I have said prior threads ago that I feel bad for his parents.
Respectfully
Thora_Jay

I've wondered if there was any ambient lighting that remained on during the night in the apartment. We have the light/switch plate combination in our hallways and undercounter lighting in our kitchen that remains on during the night. Point is that I wonder how dark it was when BCK was in the apartment? If we accept the fact that XK, DM and EC were all awake or awakened during BCK's time there, it may have been easy to see him. Is it possible that XK paused to see who she possibly heard in the LR or on the steps thinking it was someone she knew visiting one of the other girls?? Just trying to imagine how it happened and JMO.
Well, there is that "Good Vibes" neon light that's in the living room area that I bet was left on 24/7. I'm sure that gave off a good bit of light.

1673295683056.png

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

... JMO

I disagree, IMO he would have needed to have some knowledge of human anatomy and some form of knife skills.
Just because he may have known where to stab in order to cause death, doesn't mean he could stab with precision under pressure, or in a struggle.
If he targeted essential organs, with few stab marks in other areas of the body, I would lean towards a prior attack or at least advanced knowledge of attacks from his former education.
However, on the other hand, if the stab wounds were spread all over the bodies, I lean towards blind stabbing and a brutal, rapid attack.
With no knowledge of the autopsy contents or wounds, I think BK knew what he was doing, planned it, knew where he needed to stab the victims, and did so quickly and exited the house after he was finished.
JMO All Speculation

ETA: If this was BK's first attack, and it seemed calculated, he most likely researched methods or human anatomy somewhere before his actions. Hopefully, this leaves a paper trail and continues adding to the evidence building against him. JMO
I agree.
And to do it noiselessly is quite some feat.
it's easy to lash out and stab but not in this time frame if it's accurate and considering he had a flight of stairs, the hassle of entering the premises and leaving too.

Some links

Last edited by a moderator:
With respect, I know we are all on pins and needles looking for any info we can, but this seems to be such an invasion of privacy. The poor man is just trying to clean up the mess from his house on the worst night of his life and camera people are hiding in the bushes taking pictures. He probably can't afford to even hire someone to do it, or can't find someone willing to come out to that address. I know I am a ninny, but I often have sympathy for the innocent families of killers as well, unless they are somehow shown to be involved.

BK's father and family members are victims, too. At what point, I wonder, will the media circus leave them and their community alone.

I've been out of town for a few days and I'm trying to catch up. Does anyone know why BK's case disappeared from the icourt website? I can only find the seatbelt one. tia

Him turning his phone back on is odd, isn't it? Did he have a need to, as you say, or was it part of his plan to look like he wasn't there? Idk, but I'd be curious what they found on his phone records.
I see it as our addictions to everything digital. I have seen multiple crimes where you could note that the offender new to turn the phone off but seems to be blind to the idea that where it turns back on may be evidence.

IMO BK may have decided he was no where near the crime scene and could turn it on safely. He may have assumed that cell phone data would only be used to see who was in close radius of the house.

There is a documentary on Hulu called wild crime. A husband pushed his spouse off a cliff in Estes Park. He knew enough to turn off the cell phone on previous visit to find a site, however, on multiple time he left a path. He left home south of Denver, turn the phone off on the north side, and turned it back on on the north side when returning from scouting activities. I see this a a similar scenario.

Even if he is convicted I wonder if the family will still believe he wasn't involved.Denial is a real thing.
I think it will be a process of coming to terms with the evidence, like the stages of loss that often are denial, bargaining and acceptance, or some version of that that they will individually and personally experience. I really feel for each of them, the father, the mother, and each of his sisters.

I really think he had to have some source of light. Either he turned on the wall switches, which I kind of think is the least likely, or he had a flashlight, which is also sort of unlikely because it would mean he had to hold it. But--he could have had one of those forehead strap-on lights that turn on/off just by touching a button on the band. My husband has one. One of those wouldn't replace a whole-room light since the light moves when your head moves, but I think it's the most likely option for BK.

MOO, I don't think he'd be to go into a house he didn't know (or, did he know it?) and bumble around in the dark. Even if someone has a nightlight, and I don't know if the average young adult would want one, it still doesn't illuminate all areas, and if he didn't know where the furniture was, he could have been running into it.

He had to have a light of some sort, I'd think. And, I think turning on the house lights would be too risky for a coward who wants to kill innocent people by surprise.

Now that all the friends, ex-boyfriends, hoodie wearers, bartenders, roommates and all the good folks are truly cleared and the monster most likely to have committed this heinous crime is in jail.

Does anyone still wonder what "everything" was that Maddie told Adam?
No. And I don't think Adam is giving interviews.

Do you think it has relevance to the crimes BK is accused of? And if so, why?

WSU students: Kohberger spoke up in class — except when Moscow killings were the topic

During class, Kohberger, 28, appeared academic minded and didn’t shy away from speaking up, including challenging his classmates, said Roberts, and another master’s degree student who the Statesman granted anonymity to answer emailed questions.

Kohberger’s enthusiasm for his area of study — understanding the criminal mind — was regularly on display, they said.

“Bryan only talked about his interest in forensic psychology,” the master’s student told the Statesman. “He was an incredibly strong student and talked during class every time.”

“He sat front and center, and was not hiding or tucking back in the back,” Roberts added. “He was right there in the middle of it.”

As a result, Kohberger’s non-participation in a lengthy conversation about the Moscow homicides stands out in retrospect, said the master’s student. The person said they had four classes with the man now sitting in the Latah County Jail, including a courts and legal process class where the killings were discussed before the semester ended the week of Dec. 12.

“He was completely silent,” Kohberger’s classmate said.
Probably the group called the him/perp a lot of unflattering names, as well as ugly mental diagnosis.

Him turning his phone back on is odd, isn't it? Did he have a need to, as you say, or was it part of his plan to look like he wasn't there? Idk, but I'd be curious what they found on his phone records.
For sure, if he got lost post murders and turned on to use google maps then LE will have that data.

ETA, IMO

If BK maintains the KA-BAR knife was stolen, does this become a circumstantial case? Yes, his car has been caught in the area on several occasions, but he might find some way to explain that away. Perhaps he could say he left his phone in the car (hence the tracking) and the knife in the car, and someone kept "borrowing" the car. I am wondering if there is any other DNA evidence that would tie him to the crime scene ...
On the 48 Hours episode, an expert whose name I don't recall said that it is almost impossible to commit several bloody murders in a confined space without leaving evidence, including DNA. (This is a summary of my understanding of what he said). More to the point, people on trial always try to "explain away" the evidence that they committed a crime. For the most part, they don't succeed. We know there is DNA on the knife. There is likely to be other biological evidence related to using the knife, to people fighting back, and even just to the way humans and animals shed hair and skin without even knowing it. Whoever did the killing left traces of himself in that house. And that's before we get to the bizarre comings and goings captured on his phone and videos of his vehicle. Someone wise once said, "You can't talk your way out of something you behaved your way into."

ADMIN REMINDERS:

If this keeps up, we're going to need a separate thread just for reminders ;)

WS doesn’t tolerate rudeness. Unless you are a WS verified expert, the opinions of other members are just as valid as yours. If you disagree with an opinion you can either respond respectfully or scroll and roll without comment.

We don’t allow posts promoting fundraising. If we did it for one, we would be expected to do it for all, and with the thousands of threads we have, that’s just not possible.

Oh, and please stop telling others what to do, say, or think. Post respectfully toward other members or Report it if you have an issue.

Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member