MA MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
AW's mother reportedly said that AW arrived in Belgrade on November 27 and stayed for 10 days. "She was solving some paperwork and I didn't notice anything suspicious in her behavior," she says. Furthermore: "She called me around December 20 and said: "Mom, can you come to my place tomorrow?" I was surprised and answered her that I need time to get ready and that I will come at the beginning of January. She then told me that I don't have to come even then, because she has plans with her husband. I don't understand why she insisted that I come then and so soon, I really don't know."
Above is from English version of a Serbian site.

That's what I'm wondering. He may not have had the chance to dispose of her yet. When did the police show up at his home? Was it the 3rd or the 4th?
LE only learned Ana was missing on Jan 4th... so, it couldn't have been before that date anyway. I'll have to go back and find out when they first arrived at his home.

(I'm assuming LE first went to BW's home on the 4th... but, imo, more likely on the 5th according to the events they recorded on their Facebook page.) I have not seen any news article that state when LE first went to the family home.

Here's an LE timeline made up from the LE Facebook page, ect.
Jan 4th: At BW's court hearing we learned that LE learned on Jan 4th that Ana was missing... learned because of her co-workers from WA DC. The husband did not call LE and report her missing

Jan 5th: LE announces to public concerning a missing woman, Ana Walshe.
Cohasset Police Seeking Missing 39-Year-Old Woman, Last Seen Early New Year's Day - Cohasset Police Department (runs this announcement twice... both dated the 5th but looks like once was on the 6th... see FB page to clarify)... FB's time is "4d, 3d"

Jan 6th: Cohasset Police Chief William Quigley spoke with the news media about the recent missing person case in Cohasset. LE was out searching this day near Ana's home.
Today in new as backup link: "Today On Friday, Jan. 6, members of the Cohasset Police Department and the Massachusetts Special Emergency Response Team began combing the woods near Walshe's Cohasset home. The ground search was suspended on Saturday, with authorities announcing they would not actively resume the search unless they gained new information that warranted its renewal."
Jan 6th: Fire in previously owned home. Cohasset Fire Department Responds to Two-Alarm House Fire - Cohasset Police Department

Jan 7th: LE search for Ana continues. Woods and stream near home, pool drained... From Cohasset Police Dept Facebook page:
"The search continues for missing person Ana Walshe in Cohasset. Police along with our state partners the Massachusetts State Police are assisting. 2 other sectors are being searched with the help of police K-9’s. Thank you to everyone who has shared tips/information with us."
Any information: tips@cohassetpolice.com #bringcohassetanahome

AND another message from LE on Jan 7th:
"The ground search by Massachusetts State Troopers and Cohasset Police Officers for Ana Walshe or evidence related to her disappearance has concluded. Twenty Troopers from the MSP Special Emergency Response Team, a specialized unit trained in search and rescue operations, as well as three K9 teams and the State Police Air Wing searched wooded areas near Ms. Walshe’s home with negative results for the second straight day. State Police divers also searched a small stream and a pool with negative results. The ground search will not resume unless police develop new information that so warrants it.
Simultaneously, State Police and Cohasset Police detectives continue to undertake various investigative actions to determine Ms. Walshe’s whereabouts.
Regarding yesterday’s fire at Ms. Walshe’s former house on Jerusalem Road, the State Police Fire and Explosives Investigation Unit and local investigators have determined that the cause of the fire was accidental. There is nothing further that we are reporting publicly at this time."

Jan 8th: BW arrested
Jan 9th: BW court appearance

Here is the full hearing

1/ At around the 7:00 minute mark his lawyer discusses his ankle bracelet. I don’t know how they work, but isn’t finding Ana’s remains (if in fact she’s deceased) just a mater of retracing his steps via the data the bracelet recorded?

2/ I was worried that they set bail, but that’s just for the new charges. If I understand it correctly he will go before a different court and they will hold him for at least 90 days as broke the conditions of his house arrest, which is a separate matter.

…do I have that right?

1/ At around the 7:00 minute mark his lawyer discusses his ankle bracelet. I don’t know how they work, but isn’t finding Ana’s remains (if in fact she’s deceased) just a mater of retracing his steps via the data the bracelet recorded?

2/ I was worried that they set bail, but that’s just for the new charges. If I understand it correctly he will go before a different court and they will hold him for at least 90 days as broke the conditions of his house arrest, which is a separate matter.

…do I have that right?
For 1, I don't know what type of ankle bracelet he has but they are not always reliable and they do not necessarily send up-to-the-minute information to the probation officer. I don't know this specific area but there are spots where the wifi/data/satellite coverage is not good enough to report the location accurately. In some cases I have seen the state refuse to grant electronic monitoring because the defendant lives in an area with unreliable data/satellite coverage so they will not be able to track him.

The issue with it also is you are allowed to go out for certain things. You can meet with your attorney, you can go to doctor appointments, sometimes you can go to work (depending on the conditions). So these things are usually not the case that they beep or whatever if you leave the house. Your location is just recorded and if you are somewhere you shouldn't be, you are facing a probation or parole violation (which can get you back in jail).

So I wouldn't call it the honor system, but it is not like an invisible fence for dogs that zaps you if you move around.

Wompatuck State Park is along the road to Brockton. But I agree, Brockton is a tough area and he could have either taken her there. If he went to HD on the 2nd, it's probable that her body was gone by then. It was the day before that he travelled to Abington and then Brockton, so my guess is that he disposed of her somewhere in that area. Might be worth a walk about in that park. I don't know how frozen the ground is, but he doesn't look capable of digging a hole.
I would agree except that he bought several tarps at home depot. When I hear “tarp” I think body disposal (unless purchased before the crime when they could also be used for surface protection).

Relationships are different. This may seem odd, but we have to remember a lot of adults do go missing, for whatever reason. And show up, eventually.

But it seems like LEO is definitely doing due diligence in this case, and beyond, as evidenced by their thorough search of the immediate area.

And just because someone purchases $450 in cleaning supplies, including tarps doesn't mean anything suspicious.

$450 is also a LOT OF MONEY for cleaning supplies.

Maybe he was finally going to fix the pool? /sarcasm
Or he bought a shark vacuum. LOL/Tarp was to cover the firewood.. haha

What am I missing? Has a PC been filed on the details of why he was arrested for misleading the Police? Someone mentioned witness intimidation? Is there a link to the Press conference where investigators spoke? I am seeing Twitter links. Appreciate any LE source information available. This is horrible.
This info about intimidating a witness was directly from the prosecutor at the hearing and YT posted above.

BBM.

IF the purchase of $450 in cleaning supplies wasn't lied about to the police, it MIGHT not be suspicious.

IF the purchase wasn't made after his wife went missing and he didn't report her missing, it MIGHT not be suspicious.

IF the purchase was made and police didn't find blood and a knife in his basement, it MIGHT not be suspicious.

But all of those other actions did happen, so it is very suspicious that he bought cleaning supplies, lied about it to police, had blood and bloody knife at home and didn't report wife missing.

Suspicious enough that he was arrested and is in jail for misleading the investigation.

MOO

And IF you didn't go in wearing a mask, blue gloves, and pay in cash and go during a time you'd routinely be allowed to go to pick your kids up from school except it was a school holiday so you weren't allowed out it MIGHT not also be as suspicious.

(And yes, ok, the mask, Covid, maybe ignore that...but paying in cash so you are less likely to be tracked, gloves to not have your fingerprints on items, etc.)

His trip to Home Depot – in which he wore a surgical mask and gloves and paid in cash – was made during the time he was allotted to pick up his kids from school, which was not open that day, the affidavit states.

So horrific to think about.

"In addition, investigators found search queries on Brian Walshe’s internet records for “how to dispose of a 115-pound woman’s body” and how to dismember a body, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation. Investigators turned their focus from a missing persons case to suspicion she may have been killed after receiving new information in the last three days, the sources told CNN."

Bloody knife found in basement of missing Massachusetts mother's home, prosecutors say | CNN

IME alot of people on the south shore have Boston accents - just immo
Native of South Shore, Mass (Westwood). I live in Kansas City now and have tried to lose my Boston accent, I think pretty successfully having lived here for 25 and Arizona for 5 years. Last year I was sitting in the waiting room of a car dealership waiting for them to finish work on my car. An older lady had heard me talking to the counter guy and she looked over at me and said "You're from Mass aren't you?" Turns out she was from Saugus, MA.
Sorry if this is too off-topic, mods. feel free to delete if so.

So horrific to think about.

"In addition, investigators found search queries on Brian Walshe’s internet records for “how to dispose of a 115-pound woman’s body” and how to dismember a body, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation. Investigators turned their focus from a missing persons case to suspicion she may have been killed after receiving new information in the last three days, the sources told CNN."

Bloody knife found in basement of missing Massachusetts mother's home, prosecutors say | CNN
And yet, they still grant the guy $500,000 bond… SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member