ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think that BK bought the knife through Craigslist or something of that sort. No cameras in the store or card transaction to tie him to it. He bought it second-hand somehow with cash and then dumped it after. MOO.
That could be. If true I wonder if the seller remembered the sale and contacted LE saying the buyer looked like the murder suspect that was arrested and was driving a white car. JMO.

I got a weird feeling about this one. The "evidence" seems weird. Ok. They got the sheath, the only thing that ties him to the scene. Could he have gone to a party and dropped it. Or they found it at campus?

But the rest of it is weird.

the white car. Number one color sold in cars. Cell phone data, yep, he attended school. The front door from the house to campus is less than 100 yards. it is less then 1/2 mile from the law library. So a student studying at a school will have to be near the campus. The presidents house is only 330 yards away from the house.

I am not sure proving he was a student at the campus means anything.
Dowhatnow?

I got a weird feeling about this one. The "evidence" seems weird. Ok. They got the sheath, the only thing that ties him to the scene. Could he have gone to a party and dropped it. Or they found it at campus?

the white car. Number one color sold in cars. Cell phone data, yep, he attended school. The front door from the house to campus is less than 100 yards. it is less then 1/2 mile from the law library. So a student studying at a school will have to be near the campus. The presidents house is only 330 yards away from the house.

With all due respect, do you know anything about this case? The suspect was not a student at the University of Idaho. He attended Washington State University, an 8 minute drive across the border.

He's a TA. Probably making $24/hr
Most people in PhD programs receive a stipend, an 'annualized salary' paid out biweekly, or whatever the system of pay is for the University. And another poster noted they are now allowed to enter into other employment. They do not pay tuition but contribute to the University by acting as TA's, or doing research, and of course by helping with or doing their own research artifcles for publication. 'Publish or Perish."

I am trying to match up dates to see if it makes sense that BK is the guy posting on the Visual Snow forum. (See: Original Visual-Snow or Static forum-Can you relate?)
In July 2011, the poster states that he has lost half his body weight (and he looks thin in avatar photo) but in July 2011 BK would have been between sophomore and junior year of high school. His high school friends have stated he lost weight the summer prior to senior year (summer of 2012). If they are correct, he would still be overweight in July 2011.
Here is an article that shows him overweight in his sophomore year from 2011 yearbook: Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger wanted to be Army Ranger, yearbook reveals
Here is an article where past friends talk about when he lost weight "Mcloughlin said Kohberger, 28, had been a “down to earth” and overweight teen when they wrapped up their junior year. When they started their senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and developed an “aggressive” personality." : Idaho suspect Bryan Kohberger turned ‘aggressive’ in high school: former friend
They could be wrong in their recollection but it suggests BK may not be the poster on the forum.
I really doubt it is him.
As all alleged his SM accounts.
JMO

My thoughts on the sheath being left... I don't think he understood the mechanics of it. Instead of looping it through the belt then the belt loops on his pants, he probably skipped the belt and just used the snap around a belt loop, not realizing it will fall off when opened. to use the knife.

Welcome to Thread #60.

BK was a student in Pullman, WA, 10-15 minutes from the scene of the crime in Moscow, ID.

All the anomalies you mention have been discussed at length & the PCA is linked these threads. It was released last week.

Hope that helps! Definitely a tragic case.

The sheath was stamped USMC. Ka-bar sells a knife with just such a sheath. it explains why the Home Depot guy said the police asked if they sold Ka-bar knives.
I'm just exploring the sheath as 'signature' as opposed to ever having been part of the crime and wondering whether he might have been leaving a message with it?
I'm looking for connections and dates and names, trying to figure whether he had any personal connection with USMC..
It's a wild notion but feel compelled to push on ..?

Nothing is silly.
I don't actually know. I'm currently googling Marine Corps and November13 deaths/murders because the more I think about it the more convinced I'm becoming that the sheath was a 'signature' of sorts. I'll keep looking.
So far, just this, don't see any possible connection but other eyes will know better
That's just a preliminary report. I've not seen full investigation and it's only a wild wild longshot..
Did he have friends /family in MC?
Did he lose somebody in MC?

He could have done it with any kind of a knife..why the elaborate sheath?
The signature theory sounds interesting! Maybe he was planning more murders in the future and planned on leaving Ka-Bar sheaths at each one. It could be he wanted to be known as the Ka-Bar killer. And I know this may be a stretch but maybe Ka-Bar is a sick play on his name….<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts on the sheath being left... I don't think he understood the mechanics of it. Instead of looping it through the belt then the belt loops on his pants, he probably skipped the belt and just used the snap around a belt loop, not realizing it will fall off when opened. to use the knife.
It might mean he never used the knife before.

Loosing the sheath shows his inexperience handling a knife that needs the cover of sheath.
JMO

Okay, I just tried doing that with my own Ka-Bar sheath and yes I can attach it to my jeans belt loop. However, the sheath wants to lay backwards so not the best way to carry a knife. JMO.

Last edited:
I'm just exploring the sheath as 'signature' as opposed to ever having been part of the crime and wondering whether he might have been leaving a message with it?
I'm looking for connections and dates and names, trying to figure whether he had any personal connection with USMC..
It's a wild notion but feel compelled to push on ..?
I'm wondering if he possibly left it as a red herring. He thought the police would chase down leads with a military background and give him more time to dispose of evidence.

Okay, i just tried doing that with my own Ka-Bar sheath and yes I can attach it to my jeans belt loop. However, the sheath wants to lay backwards so not the best way to carry a knife. JMO.
comfort while driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member