ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and what a great dad. I wish I had a father that would fly clear across the country to ride with me clear back across the country to spend the holidays together.
My heart aches for those parents, and I wish I could help him clean up. :(
I'm having a real problem justifying the cost of flying across country to Washington State to help your son drive home 2600 miles away. Certainly, a couple nights of lodging would be much cheaper than someone flying across country to help someone drive non-stop home. Doesn't make sense to me any way I can try to make it make sense, know what I mean?

The problem here is the word "planned." When normal people say that, we imagine a logical, coherent, reasonable mind setting a goal and then planning steps, imagining obstacles, and arriving at a "plan." The sort of people who do mass murder do not think the way we think. I've referenced Cullen's book on Columbine here before; he describes in detail the "plans" one of the killers made, intending to slaughter 500+ people by setting off bombs in the school. It's a lucky thing for many that the bombs were duds and he/they failed. It wasn't for lack of "planning." It's that these people are not like us. They are wired differently mentally and emotionally. Their "motives" and "plans" do not resemble what we call motives and plans. I mean, if someone STARTS with the thought, "I'm going to break into a house and kill all the college kids living there," what plan, exactly, is going to make sense when the objective is monstrous, malignant, and inhuman. We realize that what he intended to do was horrific and nothing we would ever consider but we miss that his other decision-making processes are similarly distorted. Not all of them get caught, but not all of them decide to slaughter 4 people in one house either, in the era of DNA, forensic genealogy and mass surveillance.
IMO rare personalities experience fear but fail to recognize danger whereas most of us recognize fear and then experience fear.

I'm having a real problem justifying the cost of flying across country to Washington State to help your son drive home 2600 miles away. Certainly, a couple of lodging would be much cheaper than someone flying across country to help someone drive non-stop home. Doesn't make sense to me any way I can try to make it make sense, know what I mean?
Quality time? Worry? Bryan is a careless driver? Money management is not a strong point in this family? IMO

There seems to be time unaccounted for both before and after... Doodling around on my own map, it appears he came from the east with no obvious reason for doing so.View attachment 394193

Then a hypothetical path home that matches up with the times...
View attachment 394194

Is there some point of interest over here?
View attachment 394195
LTNS @SharonNeedles. You always have great input and since I am completely directionally challenged, I appreciate this map.

Yep. BK's parents have basically also lost a child now, but in stark contrast to the victim's parents they will not be shown much empathy.
I really need to know why the father flew across the country to help his son drive home when two nights of lodging would have been more than enough to help his son drive home alone. JMO

I'm starting to think that BK bought the knife through Craigslist or something of that sort. No cameras in the store or card transaction to tie him to it. He bought it second-hand somehow with cash and then dumped it after. MOO.
I think this is a good possibility. I would also add pawnshops and swap meets to the "cash list".

Then again, most of the Rambo knives for sale in a given locality are going to be knock offs of varying quality and not "Ka Bar Ka Bars".

This may increase your Craigslist or Facebook Market place possibility as the seller could specify that his sale knife is "Ka Bar Kabar". This would cut down on the pawn shop and swap meet searching if BK was looking specifically for a Ka Bar.

He may read too many old fashioned killer stories and so focused on the killing part. He excelled in that part but forgot everything else! At least he could be remembered for the first killing record. (I am thinking what he might be thinking). He looked absolutely no remorse or felt defeated in any way in the court room.
I'm wondering whether he was role playing seal team 6 on a stealth operation?
Does part of him believe that is what/who he is?
Was this a training exercise to him or a grand finale?
What did he believe he was doing and why is the question.

My thinking for quite some time is that Kaylee started in her own room and was alerted to the intruder by Murphy. As Dylan indicates, it was likely Kaylee's voice that said, "There's someone here." Whether this initiated in her own room or Maddie's, they both died "in" or "on" Maddie's bed. (I think "in/on the bed" is more about semantics than location, but it's arguable.) IMO the order in which victims are listed on the PCA (MM, KG, EC, XK) is the order in which they died, and Kaylee's tearing/slashing wounds from lungs to liver follow with her being in a standing or sitting position rather than being prone like Maddie who was first. I still see Kaylee following Murphy into Maddie's room and running straight into BCK, but she might have been sleeping there (a tight fit when she could've laid on the bed across the hallway.) This encounter between BCK and these first victims is what generated the noise Dylan mistook for Kaylee playing with Murphy; however, I don't think Murphy started the relentless barking until he heard the noise from Ethan and Xana being killed right below when he was locked in Kaylee's room directly above them. As Steve Goncalves said, "It was a hell of a battle going on down there from what the coroner told us." This is a slight reconsideration of my first timeline regarding when/why Murphy started barking. Idaho murders: Father of slain victim says she had 'big open wounds,' calls police 'cowards'

One puzzling question tho, why did Murphy not have any blood on him? As SG describes his daughter's injuries as being significantly different than M's.

I would just cringe to see the aftermath of that room, you know there's blood absolutely everywhere.

Also, if DM just recently moved from first floor to second floor as has been alleged maybe he wasn’t even aware that anyone was occupying that second floor bedroom. I theorize that Maddie was his target, and he completely fumbled it when he ran into Xana who was still awake eating her Grubhub delivery, surprised by Ethan when Xana went to tell him “someone is here” and the fact that Kaylee was sharing Maddie’s room, and what was meant to be a 1-person murder quickly turned into 4. But no one can explain why DM was spared or who was his primary target and- most frightening to speculate on- WHY. I can confirm that when an intruder tried to kick in my door at 3am I was completely paralyzed in fear and could not move or call police for some time because I was afraid he might hear me. And he didn’t even make it in the house. So I understand DM’s frozen response.
I’d thought along these same lines: figuring he had targeted M, was surprised by K and the dog ( hence, the sound of scuffles and barking D heard which she mistook for K playing with the dog) killed them both, and then was surprised on his way out by X and then E, attacking these 2 as well. So began upstairs, ended on ground/2nd floor. Only 1 victim was intended, 3 others were killed as surprise witnesses.

For all of those who have suddenly decided that the guy in the blue coat at the vigil held for the victims at U of I may have been BK, that has just been debunked. The reporter from Inside Edition, towards the end of this clip, shows the same man in footage that Inside Edition ran when reporting on the vigil. He is standing right behind the reporter, and is very clearly NOT BK. That is one internet rumor that can now be laid to rest. Footage starts at about the 1:15 minute mark. JMO

Last edited:
Quality time? Worry? Bryan is a careless driver? Money management is not a strong point in this family? IMO
I did a very rough 10 sec google search and was surprised how much the second hand Elantra worth. It is around 15000. When did a second hand Hyundai coat that much? Am I totally behind the current world or it is a covid era supply-demand thing?

I really need to know why the father flew across the country to help his son drive home when two nights of lodging would have been more than enough to help his son drive home alone. JMO
Consider this: Do we know that his father didn't drive out to WA with BK and fly back home back in August? My own son does not like to travel alone at all. He will not travel any distance by car without another human being. Everyone is different.

I wonder if universities pay doctoral students stipends for teaching under graduate classes?

Even if they do, I imagine that any payments would be minimal outside of perhaps doctoral students with high powered engineering, accountant etc type degrees.

As a result, your question regarding cash flow could well still stand (previous known jobs not exactly conducive to saving alot of money) and reinforce @Fargo 's moon lighting possibility and contact by a ride or dinner delivery.
I can't speak in general, but a teaching assistanceship or teaching fellowship usually provides tuition remission and pays a stipend. Top universities might also play for medical insurance (mine did).

I'm having a real problem justifying the cost of flying across country to Washington State to help your son drive home 2600 miles away. Certainly, a couple nights of lodging would be much cheaper than someone flying across country to help someone drive non-stop home. Doesn't make sense to me any way I can try to make it make sense, know what I mean?

This was discussed at length in other threads. Half the forum agreed with the above. The other half could see it. My takeaway: every family is different and while it may seem unusual to some, it seems perfectly ordinary to others. For that reason, I don't think it's relevant to the crime. JMO.

Consider this: Do we know that his father didn't drive out to WA with BK and fly back home back in August? My own son does not like to travel alone at all. He will not travel any distance by car without another human being. Everyone is different.
He is not a young kid, he's twenty-eight years old. What has it got to do with the murder if 'as you posted' that his father may have drove out in August? I'm confused here.

One puzzling question tho, why did Murphy not have any blood on him? As SG describes his daughter's injuries as being significantly different than M's.

I would just cringe to see the aftermath of that room, you know there's blood absolutely everywhere.

As far as we know, there was no blood found in the room Murphy was found in. He wasn't in the same room as Kaylee and Maddie, if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak