ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
From PCA and BBM: “D.M. and B.F. both made statements during interviews that indicated the occupants of the King Road Residence were at home by 2:00 a-m. and asleep or at least in their rooms by approximately 4:00 a.m. This is with the exception of Kernodle, who received a DoorDash order at the residence at approximately 4:00 a.m. (law enforcement identified the DoorDash delivery driver who reported this information).”

She received the DD order. It’s not stated who ordered.

Why? What are you thinking?
Just curious is Xana actually made the order herself. I already know the driver was confirmed of dropping it off at the house. Just wondering if it's possible BK ordered it.... I know early on I seen this partially mentioned but can't find this part in the details...yet

Just curious is Xana actually made the order herself. I already know the driver was confirmed of dropping it off at the house. Just wondering if it's possible BK ordered it.... I know early on I seen this partially mentioned but can't find this part in the details...yet
The assumption is that she ordered it. I guess it’s not verified but I’m assuming she ordered it.

Was it confirmed X was actually the one that ordered Door Dash from her own account? Or did SOMEONE else order it for her? - not asking if she received it. Asking if SHE is the one that has been verified as being the one that pushed the order on her account to order it.
If BK ordered it, then that would be super incriminating. So, I'm pretty sure she did. Unless door dash accepts bit coins or something weird...

I wonder if he was casing other homes in Moscow and stalking other potential victims, or if he had fixated exclusively on the residents of the King Road home. I find it terrifying to think how many people he may have had in his sights.
Good question. And if it was specifically 1122 King Rd, was he focused on just one victim, and the rest were collateral damage? Kaylee wasn’t supposed to be there. (I wish we knew what Maddie said to Adam the bartender, and if it had any significance.) Stabbing seems so personal.

Or maybe it was just a thrill kill. James Holmes, the movie theater shooter, also intelligent and a neuroscience grad student, had no real motive.

Dudes who just ain’t right in the head.

jmo

The only thing that gets me about the order is K's dad said "They didn't have to go up" in an interview. He was referring to whomever the killer was. So what made him assume that? Is that just something he threw out there or did he get an indication from LE that the target individual was not M or K? Still makes me think it could be any number of ways at this point
Steve Goncalves also said (maybe in the same interview) something to the effect, "I hope to God my kid wasn't the target"... this is not an exact quote but I can picture him with his hands clasped. He deduced that the killer didn't have to go upstairs so because he went up then one or both of the girls were targeted. Which is exactly how I see it. MOO

Most of them?

WSU does not have full rides for most of its students. It has about a 70% acceptance rate, with some of the students working (TAing) as their main subsistence. Not annualized as a stipend unless they are selected to TA. I realize BK was selected. And apparently did well enough to get the same aid for Spring - but do you know that his OOS tuition was fully paid for without loans??

Which schools don't require tuition for grad school? And I'm certain that WSU requires tuition of grad students (through loans or fellowships - but they are still paying - it is a form of income, it's not just free). They don't get tuition free until they are ABD.

Are there private schools in the US that really have this pattern? I thought most required tuition in some form until ABD - it's such a carrot for doctoral students.
I'm so sorry to ask, and I could Google, but I fear I will end up down a rabbit hole!
I'm British and reside in Canada.
What is OOS and ABD?

Source https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case...it - Exhibit A - Statement of Brett Payne.pdf
"On December 23,2022,Iwas granted a search warrant for Kohberger's historical CSLI
from June 23, 2022 to current, prospective location information, and a Pen Register/Trap and
Trace on the 8458 Phone to aid in efforts to determine if Kohberger stalked any of the victims in
this case prior to the offense, conducted surveillance on the King Road Residence, was in contact
with any of the victims' associates before or after the alleged offense, any locations that may
contain evidence of the murders that occurred on November I 3 , 2O22, the location of the white
Elantra registered to Kohberger, as well as the location ofKohberger."

Can anyone here with knowledge, explain what is involved in "a Pen Register/Trap andTrace" on a phone? Is that remote access to texts/calls and location data( for e,g, from a google account, not just location data usage from connection with towers)?

I'm so sorry to ask, and I could Google, but I fear I will end up down a rabbit hole!
I'm British and reside in Canada.
What is OOS and ABD?
out of state (tuition is more if you're not a resident of the state the school is in)

all but dissertation (means you've completed all of the other requirements, such as coursework and exams, for a PhD and all that is left is the dissertation, though of course it's a pretty massive undertaking in its own right)

Do you mean his past degrees? Appears to be a BA in psychology and a Master's in criminal justice. He apparently claims to have a background (certificate) in cloud data for criminal justice, but when he stated that on an application in WSU- Pullman, he was rejected for the job and I don't think it was announced or called out at his graduation from DeSales.

As far as we know it's psychology and criminal justice. No "data something," just one course in stats and then Prof B (his thesis advisor) said he was unable to come up with data for his master's thesis (so she helped him do something else).
Was it the essay for the internship?

'
Casey Arntz: The last time I saw Bryan was in 2017 at one of my friend's wedding. … And I gave him a hug and I said, "You look so good. Like I'm so proud of you."

And both Bree and Casey say it appeared that Kohberger had a new focus — his studies in criminology.

Bree: He wanted to do something that impacted people in a good way.

Bree: People were not his strong suit. And think through his criminology studies, he was really trying to understand humans and to try and understand himself.

Now Bree, like many who knew him, struggles to connect the person they once knew to this unspeakable crime.

Bree: I think a lot of people who were close to him are feeling this massive amount of guilt … "Why didn't I see it? Did I miss something? … Where did it go wrong?'

Most of them?

WSU does not have full rides for most of its students. It has about a 70% acceptance rate, with some of the students working (TAing) as their main subsistence. Not annualized as a stipend unless they are selected to TA. I realize BK was selected. And apparently did well enough to get the same aid for Spring - but do you know that his OOS tuition was fully paid for without loans??

Which schools don't require tuition for grad school? And I'm certain that WSU requires tuition of grad students (through loans or fellowships - but they are still paying - it is a form of income, it's not just free). They don't get tuition free until they are ABD.

Are there private schools in the US that really have this pattern? I thought most required tuition in some form until ABD - it's such a carrot for doctoral students.
Ultimately JMO and more of an idea, but could he have possibly had some accommodations? As in learning accommodations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong