ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with LVD is she has always been very much in control via her “packaging” & cunning persona. I’m just over her needs. Sick of the fact that we have to watch her get what she’s legally entitled to…
May justice be SURE, SWIFT & SOON.
MOO

I need to get my head round this alibi. Tylee was killed before MG went up to visit.
SBM. I think she's insinuating that she was in her apartment with Chad when Tylee died in Alex's. Tammy isn't mentioned in the first paragraph.

ETA: As far as we know, Chad wasn't there for the podcast recording on Sept 22. Can a co-conspirator be her alibi?

From the notice of alibi - first paragraph (BBM):

Lori Vallow was in her own apartment in Rexburg, Idaho, when J.J. Vallow and Tylee Ryan died in the apartment of Alex Cox in Rexburg, Idaho. Defendant was with Melanie Gibb, David Warwick, and/or Chad Daybell.

Last edited:
It's an interesting acknowledgement that she knows they died at AC apartment.

I think many over the last couple years have thought she'd use the defense that when she was saying the children were fine, that AC was keeping them safe. This is the first time she's admitted she knew that the children were dead, while at the same time stating they were safe to family/friends/media

It's an interesting acknowledgement that she knows they died at AC apartment.

I think many over the last couple years have thought she'd use the defense that when she was saying the children were fine, that AC was keeping them safe. This is the first time she's admitted she knew that the children were dead, while at the same time stating they were safe to family/friends/media
Yes, she knows now, but did she also admit that she knew they were dead at the time? Perhaps she'll say she was blackmailed or lied to by Alex. That excuse wouldn't work after his death.

I imagine that Lori wants a united defense with Chad, both claiming innocence in the children's murders, but perhaps admitting to a coverup at some point afterwards (as their mother she can't excuse never reporting the children missing), which would carry a lower sentence. ATM Chad likely doesn't want to admit anything related to Tylee and JJ. He threw Lori under the bus before by pretending to police who did the welfare check that he didn't know her well, when in reality they were already married. He'll say he was home with Tammy when the kids were killed.

“Lori Vallow was in her own apartment in Rexburg, Idaho, when JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan died in the apartment of (her brother) Alex Cox in Rexburg, Idaho. Defendant was with Melanie Gibb, David Warwick, and/or Chad Daybell,” Archibald wrote. “Lori Vallow was in Hawaii when Tammy Daybell died at the home of Chad Daybell in Salem, Idaho. Defendant was with Melani Boudreaux and/or Audrey Barattiero.”

What’s next​

The motions will be heard in front of Boyce on Jan. 19 in Fremont County along with a motion from prosecutors to sequester the jury. Additional hearings are scheduled in February and March before the trial is set to begin April 3 in Ada County. @Niner

Just thought I'd copy over the legislation as regards defense of alibi, for anyone interested.

Idaho Criminal Rule 12.1. Notice of Alibi

If the defendant intends to rely on the defense of alibi, the defendant must comply with Idaho Code § 19-519.

I.R.C. 12.1. Notice of Alibi. | Supreme Court

TITLE 19
CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 5
COMPLAINT AND WARRANT OF ARREST
19-519. NOTICE OF DEFENSE OF ALIBI.
(1) At any time after arraignment before a magistrate upon a complaint and upon written demand of the prosecuting attorney, the defendant shall serve, within ten (10) days or at such different time as the court may direct, upon the prosecuting attorney, a written notice of his intention to offer a defense of alibi. Such notice by the defendant shall state the specific place or places at which the defendant claims to have been at the time of the alleged offense and the names and addresses of the witnesses upon whom he intends to rely to establish such alibi.
(2) Within ten (10) days after receipt of the defendant’s notice of alibi but in no event less than ten (10) days before trial, unless the court otherwise directs, the prosecuting attorney shall serve upon the defendant or his attorney a written notice stating the names and addresses of the witnesses upon whom the prosecution intends to rely to establish the defendant’s presence at the scene of the alleged offense and any other witnesses to be relied on to rebut testimony of any of the defendant’s alibi witnesses.
(3) If prior to or during trial a party learns of an additional witness whose identity, if known, should have been included in the information furnished under subsection (1) or subsection (2) of this section, the party shall promptly notify the other party or his attorney of the existence and identity of such additional witness.
(4) Upon the failure of either party to comply with the requirements of this section, the court may exclude the testimony of any undisclosed witness offered by such party as to the defendant’s absence from or presence at, the scene of the alleged offense. This section shall not limit the right of the defendant to testify in his own behalf.
(5) For good cause shown the court may grant an exception to any of the requirements of subsections (1) through (4) of this section.
History:
[19-519, added 1978, ch. 301, sec. 1, p. 758.]

Section 19-519 – Idaho State Legislature

Just thought I'd copy over the legislation as regards defense of alibi, for anyone interested.

Idaho Criminal Rule 12.1. Notice of Alibi

If the defendant intends to rely on the defense of alibi, the defendant must comply with Idaho Code § 19-519.

I.R.C. 12.1. Notice of Alibi. | Supreme Court

TITLE 19
CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 5
COMPLAINT AND WARRANT OF ARREST
19-519. NOTICE OF DEFENSE OF ALIBI.
(1) At any time after arraignment before a magistrate upon a complaint and upon written demand of the prosecuting attorney, the defendant shall serve, within ten (10) days or at such different time as the court may direct, upon the prosecuting attorney, a written notice of his intention to offer a defense of alibi. Such notice by the defendant shall state the specific place or places at which the defendant claims to have been at the time of the alleged offense and the names and addresses of the witnesses upon whom he intends to rely to establish such alibi.
(2) Within ten (10) days after receipt of the defendant’s notice of alibi but in no event less than ten (10) days before trial, unless the court otherwise directs, the prosecuting attorney shall serve upon the defendant or his attorney a written notice stating the names and addresses of the witnesses upon whom the prosecution intends to rely to establish the defendant’s presence at the scene of the alleged offense and any other witnesses to be relied on to rebut testimony of any of the defendant’s alibi witnesses.
(3) If prior to or during trial a party learns of an additional witness whose identity, if known, should have been included in the information furnished under subsection (1) or subsection (2) of this section, the party shall promptly notify the other party or his attorney of the existence and identity of such additional witness.
(4) Upon the failure of either party to comply with the requirements of this section, the court may exclude the testimony of any undisclosed witness offered by such party as to the defendant’s absence from or presence at, the scene of the alleged offense. This section shall not limit the right of the defendant to testify in his own behalf.
(5) For good cause shown the court may grant an exception to any of the requirements of subsections (1) through (4) of this section.
History:
[19-519, added 1978, ch. 301, sec. 1, p. 758.]

Section 19-519 – Idaho State Legislature

I suspect LV is "back in black" and may be digging for any potential witnesses that were not listed previously by the prosecution in May 2021?

Attachments

• Motion to Amend and Attach Corrected Witness List.pdf
    457.9 KB · Views: 6

What’s next​

The motions will be heard in front of Boyce on Jan. 19 in Fremont County along with a motion from prosecutors to sequester the jury. Additional hearings are scheduled in February and March before the trial is set to begin April 3 in Ada County. @Niner

Thank you! Too bad they do not tell us the dates of those next hearings in Feb. & March... :)

edited to add - I take that back - I do have a 2/23 hearing for the both of them.

Thank you! Too bad they do not tell us the dates of those next hearings in Feb. & March... :)

edited to add - I take that back - I do have a 2/23 hearing for the both of them.
Same for LV and CD

Motion hearings

The following dates have been set aside for motion hearings in this case:

1. January 19, 2023 at 9.00am
2. February 9, 2023 at 9.00am
3. February 23, 2023 at 9.00am
4. March 9, 2023 at 9.00am

Chad
https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case...otice of Trial Setting and Pretrial Order.pdf

Lori

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case...otice of Trial Setting and Pretrial Order.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther