ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does a true dedicated vegan carry, wear or use leather? IMO, the sheath was left as a possible "couldn't have been me because I wouldn't use anything leather".
Are you saying he wanted to be caught just so he could make that claim? That just doesn't compute for me. But you can't argue with a sick mind, I suppose...

Last edited:
It's the same thing with Blaine, ID. They are on the map, and referred to in the PCA, but there's really no town there. Maybe former town locations (like old mining towns), or is in reference to where the cell towers are? I'm curious about this too.
There is a Blaine Count ID but it's an 8 hour drive away from Moscow. There is also a Blaine WA, but it's at at the Canadian border. Hm

DM = NE

Well he inadvertently ended up helping the rural Moscow PD to up there game and learn so much...

This camera picking up sounds 50 feet away possibly inside a house has always made me wonder. It seems to me if it was able to pick up that, the video sound would also be overpowered by traffic noise, actual voices in all the homes, bird chirping and other organic surrounding noises IDK
Just seems odd especially for a residential camera...much less recording continually. MOO
I don't know much about residential cameras but I'm guessing that LE had to magnify the sounds that the camera or cameras picked up in order to hear what was on the video. The resident may not have been able to pick up much on their camera but LE may have used special techniques to do so.

BK also chose a dead-end street with very little traffic, especially at that hour, and it could be that there weren't many people, birds and other creatures making sounds between 4:04 and 4:20 am. I'm surprised, too, that the camera picked up so much information but so glad that LE was able to get good quality info from the video camera. MOO

Kohberger just completed his first semester at WSU, he moved there in the summer of 2022.
In 2021, BK was enrolled at DeSales, working as a security guard, and living in PA

No link between stabbing murders in Idaho and Salem, police say

At a news conference Wednesday, Moscow Police Chief James Fry said he had been made aware of the unsolved Salem case. But police Friday then said they had ruled out any connection between the two stabbings.

“There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon,” Moscow police said in the Friday news release. “While these cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.”
Maybe BK is a copycat, he read about (or even "studied") these "unsolved" cases, and decided stabbing people in the middle of the night was a crime you were more likely to get away with.

JMOO

If he had just one target, he likely studied her habits, her house....

Probably found the same listing we did. Mapped out her room, the staircase, ingress and egress. Noted that living room step.

If he had just one target, IMO the other people in that house were nothing to him.

Poorly planned. Wicked all around.

JMO
Yes, This ^^^ is one theory I can really see happening.

IMO it could be as simple as he left the knife sheath there (by accident in the heat of the moment, or on purpose as a symbol of something) and in either case wasn't super worried because he had kept it "clean" and just didn't realize there was a smidge of his DNA on it.

Possible scenarios for the DNA getting on the snap of the sheath unintentionally are endless, IMO.

For example he always kept it in plastic since purchase/obtaining it, and only took it out to commit the murders when he had gloves on, and had to touch the snap/button to open it, and a smidge of his DNA was on the gloves he wore and it got transferred to the sheath.

JMOO
If I’m not mistaken, isn’t the knife his father’s? I might be drawing that out of thin air but I believe his dad was a former marine and perhaps he passed it down to him. I know the PCA mentioned the Marines emblem on the sheath.

That possibility also goes along with my theory that the DNA found was there far prior to that night. He would’ve had to have hold this weapon, possibly practice, etc. I could imagine him aimlessly reading or thinking and just clicking the button-snap back and forth. Hell he might’ve even done so in the car before going in.

Another thing that I’m curious about is whether his DNA or his father’s DNA was found on the button-snap? I was confused by that in the affidavit given them using genetic genealogy to match the DNA from weapon sheath to the DNA recovered from the trash at his parent’s house. This worries me as a source of wiggle room for the defense to present. Not that they would say it was the dad if it was found to be his DNA but I just worry if they can’t definitively tie BK’s DNA to the scene. The PCA’s language just tripped me up as it says, “At least 99.9998 percent of the male population would be expected to be excluded from the possibility of being the suspect's biological father.” Or could that just simply be explained as they used the trash recovered to gather BK’s dad’s DNA And that then matched to a certain degree as being the father of the suspect whose DNA was on the sheath? Hopefully that makes sense. If anyone can clear this up for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
"He didn't have to go upstairs."

If X was his target, E might've been a surprise. X being awake might've been a surprise. Two dead. :(

He wouldn't have needed to go upstairs.

If M was his target, he needed to go upstairs. K, collateral. :(

If M was the target, why kill X? Why kill E? Why leave D?

IMO the answer is timing.

He had to go upstairs to reach his target.
He opted to come back downstairs -- to leave.

IMO if X and E were behind closed doors, like D, if K had been in her own room, I think his target would be clear. One dead. :( Swift, silent, every bit as stupid (vehicle caught on CCTV, phone usage up to and after) and still altogether evil. Might've left with his sheath however.

He didn't have to go upstairs. But he did. Therefore, IMO, his target was on the third floor.

So relieved he's been arrested.

Praying he gets the fairest of trials and the fairest of convictions, so he never walks among us again.

JMO
Yes Yes Yes.

It's the same thing with Blaine, ID. They are on the map, and referred to in the PCA, but there's really no town there. Maybe former town locations (like old mining towns), or is in reference to where the cell towers are? I'm curious about this too.

Oh, good point, I guess we'll have to wait till a trial for this to be sorted out.

There is a Blaine Count ID but it's an 8 hour drive away from Moscow. There is also a Blaine WA, but it's at at the Canadian border. Hm

Here's a map with Moscow being where all the pins are. You can see Blaine and Johnson, and they are both in the vicinity mentioned in the PCA. Not sure what to make of it.

Note: Pullman for cut off, but you can partially see it in the top left corner.
Screenshot_20230110-114826_Maps.jpg

Teasing someone in that way as described in some of those reports is never ok. That is my opinion. You don't have to have any empathy for BK, that is your right. But you seem to be saying it ok for some young people, social awkward, to be teased. That is not ok.
No, I'm not saying that it's OK to be teased at all. I'm saying that kids are relentless and will tease other kids over anything (I was teased for being skinny, he was teased for being overweight and weird). I was also teased because my parents drove a nice car. So what? I wish it weren't like that, but it was that way when I was growing up 45 years ago and it continues to be like that. It's normal behavior, but I'm not saying it's right.

Looking at the maps and timelines (inc my post on a previous thread here) I wonder about the drive from Pullman to King road:

1. Was he choosing this odd route to fetch something, to see something, to meet someone or to avoid to be seen by the cameras? Or something else entirely? Heck, maybe taking drugs before the "action"?

2. Why the circling before onset. Why not sit still and look at the house, makes way more sense somehow. Afraid of car being seen standing somewhere? But now it was seen on more cameras. I mean it's a generic car and with engine off at the night... Did he still have several options of houses to enter and was circling between them? (I personally don't think it's likely, but he could have been stalking more than one household)

3. HOW did he know as he departed that a) the target(s) is at home, b) there is no party or other extra activity (e.g hookup over, movie night with roomies) at the home? Like did he just take the drive with all the weapon and costume "just in case" it works out? Also, did he have a burner phone to continue monitoring at least their online activity while his original phone was turned off?

I wouldn't assume to know what someone else is thinking but I have wondered if his circling was when he was deciding if he should go forward with his plan or to leave.

Like yourself, I would also be interested in knowing if this was the only house he stalked or if he had checked out others as well.

Attachments

• 20230110_125036.jpg
    20230110_125036.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230110_125051.jpg
    20230110_125051.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 16
Here's a map with Moscow being where all the pins are. You can see Blaine and Johnson, and they are both in the vicinity mentioned in the PCA. Not sure what to make of it.
View attachment 394360
TBH, you guys, I really think it's a typo and that they meant to say Johnson, WA. I've lived in Idaho all my entire life (50 years) and I've never heard of a city here named Johnson. I also Googled it and got nothing.

If I’m not mistaken, isn’t the knife his father’s? I might be drawing that out of thin air but I believe his dad was a former marine and perhaps he passed it down to him. I know the PCA mentioned the Marines emblem on the sheath.

That possibility also goes along with my theory that the DNA found was there far prior to that night. He would’ve had to have hold this weapon, possibly practice, etc. I could imagine him aimlessly reading or thinking and just clicking the button-snap back and forth. Hell he might’ve even done so in the car before going in.

Another thing that I’m curious about is whether his DNA or his father’s DNA was found on the button-snap? I was confused by that in the affidavit given them using generic genealogy to match the DNA from weapon sheath and the trash recovered from his parent’s. This worries me as a source of wiggle room for the defense to present. Not that they would say it was the dad if it was found to be his DNA but if they can’t definitively tie BK’s DNA to the scene. Hopefully that makes sense. If anyone can clear this up for me that would be greatly appreciated.
There has been nothing to indicate that BK's father passed down any knife to his son. So, yep - "out of thin air."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member