ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Preliminary Status Hearing on January 12 is changed to 8:00AM PST (it was originally 10:00AM).

Not sure if this had been posted yet. I didn't see it (but may have missed it)

I interpreted moving the time up as a desire to keep the process moving. As I over-interpreting?

I have only been able to read a fraction of the posts, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

I can see the socially awkward, bullied kid with just a few friends. Not unusual. Where I get stuck, not knowing a lot about drug culture, is how did he become a heroin addict in high school? How did he go about it? He had a small social circle. How did he approach the sellers? It seems counterintuitive, to me, that he would seek out something like this. It seems "out of character" to me. I could see pot maybe. But how, where? Does that make sense?

Is it confirmed that he was a heroin user?

TIA for explaining.

I'm starting to think his whole line of study was somehow related to his murder fascination.

And, I agree he was narcissistic enough to think he could easily outwit the small-town police department. But, he should have known killing four students would bring in the FBI.
My own thoughts are that he didn't go into criminology with full-blown homicidal ideation, but that it developed and solidified as his studies progressed. I think his study of serial killers with a known expert on BTK (who became famous for her study of BTK based on her contact with BTK) was a significant influence on him and that was the tipping point for his homicidal ideation.

The fact that he was in WA didn't matter too much, I think it would have happened no matter where he studied next, whether in PA, WA, or other graduate school. JMO based on what we know so far.

Needless to say but it all just makes my stomach ill. Someone here mentioned BK possibly claiming he was framed, my mind went into overdrive lol, I could see him, framing himself, thinking he is just smart enough to make it look like he did it without leaving proof. Claiming someone has put so much effort into making him look guilty. I know this sounds batshit cray cray but it got in my mind so I am sharing the thought.
It’s not that crazy, I thought of it too reading the PCA !

Because family time together is valued especially when you have limited means, the tendency is to rely on each other more just because you can. You only get to have a son for so long. If you already know your son suffers from feeling out of place the parents will look to support him and spend time together. I would bet the father feels fortunate to have spent the time with his son after the fact he was "taken away". Now, it is far away from where they reside. I believe <modsnip> hand the resulting bullies contributed significantly to his formation. In public institutions, violence and bullying have escalated since we were young. Now, having a group fight in the halls or parking lot are daily expectations and survival skills to avoid them is a common developmental response. When you are the focus of daily bullying such that you can not escape and just want the pressure to let up, be in the same space to say the same things as everyone else, contribute to the discussion like everyone else , this wears a person down. I believe there is a key transition period from around 5th grade to 7th/8th grade that defines your formation and self image. If institution have formation counseling with adults in the class during this period, I believe it will significantly reduce the need for security systems. Or make them more manageable. So, you can rest easily as we did in the 70s. But even then there was KBs, just fewer with a larger umbrellas of faith forming consciousness in the population
Most states today have free k-12 virtual, at home school, which is an excellent solution for bullied kids. All
curriculum is free. My Grandson did this and thrived.

IMO it could be as simple as he left the knife sheath there (by accident in the heat of the moment, or on purpose as a symbol of something) and in either case wasn't super worried because he had kept it "clean" and just didn't realize there was a smidge of his DNA on it.

Possible scenarios for the DNA getting on the snap of the sheath unintentionally are endless, IMO.

For example he always kept it in plastic since purchase/obtaining it, and only took it out to commit the murders when he had gloves on, and had to touch the snap/button to open it, and a smidge of his DNA was on the gloves he wore and it got transferred to the sheath.

JMOO

I had a thought that perhaps, believing it to be pristine, he left it as a kind of "calling card" . If indeed he was a budding serial killer then maybe he intended to leave one at every future crime scene so he could bask in the glory of being known as "The Kabar Killer"

I have only been able to read a fraction of the posts, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

I can see the socially awkward, bullied kid with just a few friends. Not unusual. Where I get stuck, not knowing a lot about drug culture, is how did he become a heroin addict in high school? How did he go about it? He had a small social circle. How did he approach the sellers? It seems counterintuitive, to me, that he would seek out something like this. It seems "out of character" to me. I could see pot maybe. But how, where? Does that make sense?

TIA for explaining.
Perhaps he wanted to loose weight quickly before he graduated HS. He may have mentioned that to someone who knew someone who had a friend who knew someone. He may have started out snorting it rather than using with a needle. IRRC back around 1995-1999 there was an epidemic use of heroin among teenagers in Plano Texas and I would imagine across America as well. If weight loss was the goal, I don't think pot would have helped him.

jmo

One thing I'm curious about from the affidavit is the claim that he made several trips near the kill house from June through November. But, they were all made late at night or early morning. Why?

And, did he make those trips during summer months when the students weren't in school?

Maybe that's why LE said he might have targeted the "residence." Maybe he drove through in the wee hours and found the lights on in that house. Repeatedly.

Can you say what that is? I don’t like just downloading something/ not to be rude or anything.
So sorry, That Was rude of me. Won't happen again. The temporarily sealed order is for a search warrant for BK's university, student housing apartment. It sure sounds like there's still some kind of LE investigation still going on, even tho he's been arrested-idk. Thanks for being so nice.

My empathy lies solely with the victims and their families. The moment this monster deprived four people of their lives is when he lost all empathy (at least from me).

According to the CDC, 22.2% of 12-19 year olds in the US are considered to be obese. So, let's say that all of those kids were "bullied" as well. Did 22.2% grow up to commit such a heinous crime? I doubt it very much. For the record, I've always been skinny and I was teased for it as a child and all through high school. Kids can be real jerks! And those kids sometimes grow up to be real jerks as adults, too. Most do not commit murder, though.

And, as far as being teased by girls who said "get away creep," they had every right to do so. If someone is bothering you, you have the right to tell them to leave you alone. We cannot teach our youth to not speak up for themselves for fear of creating a future killer! I should add that I am also saying it's not OK to be cruel to someone, but to stand your ground is perfectly justified.

there's bullying & then there's bullying
can't imagine anybody managed to escape being teased as a child but not all of those would say it crossed the line into category of abuse

Ofc nobody knows the degree to which he was bullied, how extreme & for how long nor how this might have exacerbated pre-existing conditions he may already have had ( MH?)

There's bound to be some US research which looks at impact of bullying as well as abuse on those with other conditions, frailties, mental or physical. Just typing it into Google brings up a wealth of scary stats
( There's plenty on the link between different childhood traumas and mass killers and SKs)

maybe the bullying is just one of many factors, minor or major
either way I don't think anybody is saying that it mitigates or excuses the suffering he's later caused

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member