ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
So pretty much the standard is that these young victims never knew this perp.
Ok, so why did he pick that particular house? I don't buy it, if he had never
murdered or killed before then why would he risk being caught with 6 people in the house and at least 4 cars in the driveway. Does anyone know what the percentage is of mass murderers that kill people they randomly don't know? There must be some statistics on this somewhere.

Is this the TikTok girl? Wasn’t able to locate any info on an upcoming NN. Tia
I don't know. I just turned on NN and they said later on Cuomo they would interview a woman who dated BK. As usual, they would probably cover it on Banfiled for anyone who misses it

Thank you so much for your thoughts on the affidavit. Your comments are quite helpful. And, I'm relieved that you think that he'll be convicted fairly easily.

BCK saying “I’m going to help you” and then further slashing/stabbing Kernoble is absolutely horrific. Especially disturbing since I believe the BTK killer in Kansas also used these words immediately prior to finishing his murder of at least one victim.

Calling his motive a "thrill kill" seems a perfect way to describe this horrible mass murder. I also believe that he has been fantasizing for years about committing a gruesome, horrific mass murder.

Thanks again for your thoughts on the affidavit.
Agree he has been fantasizing. I feel he used a knife so he could feel/experience every aspect of their deaths up close. MOO

How do they know she was on Tik tok? Sometimes social media shows I’m online when I’m not. I assume if her phone is left open it might show she’s active… unless she posted would they really know?
Digital forensics can tell every swipe on a screen, what apps, where on the screen, etc. Here's an example:

Excuse me, please, because this is not a reply, I just have to write it down before I forget. Did you ever have an eureka! moment when, suddenly you realized something amazing? Well, that just happened to me. For a few days, variations of this story have been going around: FBI denies it was the agency that asked cops to pull over Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger I was puzzled, why do they want to look at his hands? Oh sure, to see if he was injured in his knife attack, right? A few moments ago, another reason hit me like a ton of bricks: maybe his skin was found under one or more victim fingernails? If so, that would be some indisputable dna. I think that's possible. If I were in those victim's position, my dying act would be to try and identify my attacker. Thank you for the space.
Very good W2S - --those eureka and epiphany moments are always wonderful. The victim's families will also have them, as time goes by. Detectives and law enforcement also have them... and in their solving, nothing is ever a coincidence. There are no coincidences. Thank goodness for those who want to solve.

If I'm not mistaken, and now I'm not sure about anything anymore, but M's room was above X's room, both of which would have been on the east side of the house, right? Ugh. My head hurts again.

My interpretation of the PCA is in how it is chronologically written. DM hears crying and a male voice saying "It's okay, I'm going to help you," then the camera captures whimpering, a thud, dog barking, and I'm going to speculate that camera footage is being used in place of what DM might have heard, because it then says DM "opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying," and then saw him leaving. So I think 4:17 is most likely when either X or E was attacked and/or killed, and I think most likely DM heard what was described on the camera, but it didn't need to be in the PCA because LE had something better than a witness statement for that part, they had camera audio. Just a thought.

Xana's room was on the second floor in the northwest corner of the house.
DM's room was on the second floor in the southeast corner of the house.
Kaylee's room was on the third floor in the southwest corner of the house.
Madison's room was on the third floor in the southeast corner of the house.

DM's room would be directly below Madison's room.

I think the question some of us are trying to figure out is slightly different. Right now, I have about 10 apps open on my phone (I'm not using my phone or viewing any of them).

I can imagine that depending on the OS of the phone, a forensic download could include how many times I unlocked my phone. But I'd like to know that for sure. I'd like something that isn't just MOO.

If my phone records every time I unlock it, and all those apps are simultaneously open, but I'm just viewing them (like Tik Tok), does it record in a log somewhere when I actually interact with apps?

That's my question. Different phones surely handle this differently. I'm guessing college kids would have Androids or Apple phones, but no way of knowing.

I can view several apps simultaneously on my home screen - does Apple keep a record? I'm assuming a forensic download is via warrant, from the various providers. Perhaps TikTok itself can tell? So the forensic download would lead to contacting TikTok?

For sure, we need an expert on this one (we used to have an elecronics/forensic/security expert here). It's so weird to think that everything I might have done during the life of my phone is stored somewhere in the Cloud. In my case, since I preview tons of youtubes for class without actually watching them, just finding a timestamp for my own purposes, it would look like I'm on youtube a lot, when actually I usually only watch in class.
Yes. It does record all those things and is often used in distracted driving homicide cases:

Regarding BK potentially training in knife combat/use, I wonder if he ever trained in Krav Maga. If he took boxing or kickboxing, he may have had units that focused on Krav Maga. I am a first degree black belt in Taekwondo, and we had multiple Krav Maga sessions/units over the years when I was active training. Just a thought, as I specifically remember using hard rubber knives to train, and learning (and practicing) where and when to strike or slash, etc. Sorry, not trying to be insensitive. All MOO.

He wanted to be something in the military but i can’t remember what.

Attachments

• C62C117A-31AC-44B1-B4DD-DE2DF2F50B3D.jpeg
    C62C117A-31AC-44B1-B4DD-DE2DF2F50B3D.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 9
"He seemed really nervous," a police source who was involved in the process tells PEOPLE. "He was narrating to himself everything that was happening. At one point, he was saying something to himself like 'I'm fine, this is okay.' Like he was reassuring himself that this whole thing wasn't awful."

So pretty much the standard is that these young victims never knew this perp.
Ok, so why did he pick that particular house? I don't buy it, if he had never
murdered or killed before then why would he risk being caught with 6 people in the house and at least 4 cars in the driveway. Does anyone know what the percentage is of mass murderers that kill people they randomly don't know? There must be some statistics on this somewhere.
I don't have a number but off the top of my head these killers did not know their victims;BTK, Ted Bundy Many were crimes of opportunity many were random victims that were targeted stalked and then killed. BTK killed whole families, Bundy killed the sorority girls in addition to his other victims, not sure if he falls in both categories.

Last edited:
Yes. It does record all those things and is often used in distracted driving homicide cases:

Depends on the applications and the level of login built in. Most commercially successful apps log pretty much everything not for altruistic reasons but rather to maximize profit.

"He seemed really nervous," a police source who was involved in the process tells PEOPLE. "He was narrating to himself everything that was happening. At one point, he was saying something to himself like 'I'm fine, this is okay.' Like he was reassuring himself that this whole thing wasn't awful."

The self narration is something. “It’s really sad what happened to them.” Just wow…

Xana's room was on the second floor in the northwest corner of the house.
DM's room was on the second floor in the southeast corner of the house.
Kaylee's room was on the third floor in the southwest corner of the house.
Madison's room was on the third floor in the southeast corner of the house.

DM's room would be directly below Madison's room.
Okay, maybe I need help on this. If you look at the house from above on Google, the 3rd floor balcony is on the southwest corner of the house. That is KG's room, and MM's is the southeast corner. Is that correct? The sliding door into the kitchen is just below the balcony sliding door, so XK's room would be the southeast corner under M's room. If this isn't right, then I'm totally turned around.

Well, I've never seen anyone learn very much about organ systems, arteries and where things are located inside a carcass just by buying one, but I suppose it's possible.

Knife training classes usually recommend using something different than a dead carcass, partly due to the aroma that would subsequently pervade the entire area where this was done.

I would figure he was trying to learn how to hit the organs recommended by his study of how to kill people with knives.

It's possible, but surely someone would have noticed?

But now I'm curious. People do buy whole pigs and goats, where I live, to roast. They are found at specialty butcher shops - but they come prepared without the internal organs. Do people do this a lot in PA, I wonder? Maybe a local will weigh in. I suppose one could ask a butcher for one with the internal organs still there.

There are dummies made of various materials out there, even human-shaped dummies, used for martial arts and knife skills training. He was into boxing, apparently, so there may have seen some in the gym he went to. For practicing in the privacy of his own home, he could have bought one or had something homemade. If this was the case, I'm sure LE will find it.

This website offers lots of equipment suggestions, as an example: Solitary Knife Fighting

Speculation on my part, of course, but practice dummies seem more plausible than acquiring an animal carcass. Whole animal carcasses would be expensive and messy/smelly.

Okay, maybe I need help on this. If you look at the house from above on Google, the 3rd floor balcony is on the southwest corner of the house. That is KG's room, and MM's is the southeast corner. Is that correct? The sliding door into the kitchen is just below the balcony sliding door, so XK's room would be the southeast corner under M's room. If this isn't right, then I'm totally turned around.
This is one of the things that has been misrepported. I believe KG's room is the one with the balcony and Maddie's is the one without. The one that's at the top of the stairs and to the right

I'm confused by so much attention focused on the best way to stab someone to death. Wouldn't slitting their throats (particularly if asleep?) be the optimal route to go? Now if the person was awake or there was combat taking place, I can see how some knowledge of placement would be advantageous, but not really, as precision really wouldn't be something one could expect when engaging in combat. My guess is he simply meant to slit at least one person in the throat while sleeping (likely was able to accomplish this upstairs with both girls still hopefully asleep through it all) and wasn't expecting the whole situation with X & E and it took more sheer luck and adrenaline that he was able to kill them both.

Also - quick question - has it ever been determine what X ordered from DD? Just wondering if it was a meal for one or two, which would help indicate whether or not E was up the whole time or not.
<modsnip: opinion stated as fact>
But, we know from what the Coroner said that the deaths were caused by sharp edge injuries/knifing to the torso/upper body, not to the neck or throat.

Mr G has gone further. He says KG was killed by the knife "destroying" her lungs and her liver. <modsnip>

Liver, OTOH, is pretty unmissable, from my point of view. I figure he kneeled on victims' legs, further immobilizing them and took about 10-15 seconds to inflict fatal and silencing injuries. Most of the blood would be within the bed clothes or within the body cavity, at least for a while. I believe Xana was out of bed and probably suffered different injuries, but that's just a guess.

<modsnip> I think he wanted fast and not as bloody. He didn't want all that arterial blood spurt right in his face or in his hair etc.

The blood he tracked past DM's room may have come from Xana having been killed out of bed, thereby creating a pool of blood on the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaslighting. I wonder where he learned it or if he's just special that way.

I find his rude remark about her having birthing hips to be more off-putting than his denial of reality. She wouldn't put out so he tries to humiliate her?

He's twisted in all kinds of ways - I'm thinking biological, neurological, pathological (can't think of any more -cals but I'm sure one of you can).

I sure hope he doesn't have other crime victims in his past but I'm not betting no on that.

JMO

I actually don't think that's gaslighting at all. I think the term gaslighting is very overused, to the point that it's lost its meaning. Gaslighting is a method of psychological abuse whereas the above post is simply presenting an alternative explanation/defense of the behavior. I think there's a legitimate question to ask here considering it's a Tinder date and we haven't heard BK's side of the interaction. I'm always a bit weary of these "girlfriends from the past" tell-alls that seem to surface anytime someone commits a crime of notoriety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903