ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they try to go that route, they're just grasping at straws. There is too much evidence that BK committed the murders. But, the defense team has to try anything I imagine. There is nothing unusual about their vehicles being there, but the defense will try anything I guess, attorneys don't care about being awful and disrespectful, it's their job to do anything they can to get their client off, and create doubt.
Defense attorneys are not all awful and disrespectful. They are a very important part of our justice system. The idea that a defense attorney would claim a victim in this case is the real killer is preposterous in my opinion.

JMO.

I've never had to have a TB test to teach or TA at universities in the US (nor have I heard of this and I'm around BK's age), so I don't think that would be a reason BK went to the clinic / had to expose skin.

The WSU on-campus clinic has a pharmacy, vision clinic, mental health services, primary care, and a few other medical services (more info here, not sure if this has been linked). They also offer flu shots...

Oh, okay. Here where I live, if it's a public institution, one does have to comply. It's not very well enforced, many of us are years without a test. I don't know specifically about TA's.

Typical visits at student health centers are indeed for Rx refills and for counseling. There are not usually the resources to give a full physical exam. Flu shots, yes. Ongoing issues (especially anxiety and depression) are usually treated. Where I work, the budget comes from federal funding plus we have a little foundation money. But even the building isn't set up for, say, taking blood, lab vans running samples to vans, etc (the shirt sleeve gets rolled up when blood is drawn, is my point).

Even my regular doc doesn't lift my shirt to listen to my heart. I've never been asked to show more of my person than I wanted to, unless there was a special diagnostic reason.

After reading the affidavit and looking at what we know now regarding other aspects of the case some things just doesn't add up to me.

I'm not going to go into detail and I know saying things against cleared individuals is off limits.

I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised at all if another big revelation or two comes out between now and the trial.
Cliff
^^^^______
^^^^^^______ Hanger

much?

A couple of thoughts on the golf clubs. They could have been in his car or he could have kept them at Xana's because he felt they were safer there than at the fraternity house?
I saw golf clubs through a window, but it was the bedroom on the first floor - B's bedroom.

In fact, Kohberger was one of only a few students who kept appointments at a Pullman medical office after the crimes, a receptionist there told Insider.

Four days after the killings, Kohberger arrived at his appointment in his black North Face jacket and was so friendly with staff members that they took notice.

The receptionist at the office, who declined to give her name because discussing the interaction might violate medical-privacy laws, said Kohberger acted so friendly that it prompted her boss to comment.

"She said, 'He's so nice and charming' — she never says that about anybody," the receptionist told Insider. "I was like, 'Yeah, he really was.'"

Excerpts from the article:
But interviews with Dash, his roommate, and others who casually knew Kohberger paint a different picture: one of a man who wasn't always introverted and could sometimes have an outgoing demeanor that left people feeling impressed or put off.

Popping in and out of Pullman coffee shops, dropping by local craft-beer establishments, and attempting to hang out with his neighbors — Kohberger didn't stand out as unhinged, but rather as a sometimes-chatty guy whose lengthy conversations might throw a wrench in his neighbors' days.

Over time, though, the man started to avoid Kohberger if he saw him coming — not because he didn't like him, but because their talks tended to drag on.

He said that when he saw Kohberger approach, he would quicken his step to appear in a hurry so it wouldn't look awkward to give Kohberger a passing hello rather than fall into a conversation.

Bryan Kohberger is more of an extrovert and quite sociable and talkative. There have been plenty of killers and criminals who are quite sociable, like Betty Broderick, Diane Downs, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, Lori Drew, Jerry Sandusky, and Jimmy Savile. I have not read anything indicating Kohberger is a constant complainer.

Last edited:
Maybe two cars for three kids? Not sure how that worked out, but possible. Maybe Ethan had already parked one of them there the night before, and the other kids came over the next morning?
Ethan's car was parked there overnight. Then, his brother was one of the people who arrived at the house as the police were called and his car was parked behind Ethan's. So, it ended up as part of the crime scene, inside the crime scene tape.

Right, I agree but stabbing a person, that close up, reaching up at his face, nails digging into his neck, eyes, pulling at the mask. Possible IMO
During being stabbed with an 8" kabar? i think that is doubtful. More likely, if able to move at all, they are grabbing at knife. and what does "that close up" mean? He has longer arms than three of the victims.

I think some peopel are understandably projecting what they imagine a strangulations would be like, not a strike with a large combat knife

After reading the affidavit and looking at what we know now regarding other aspects of the case some things just doesn't add up to me.

<modsnip>

I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised at all if another big revelation or two comes out between now and the trial.
What exactly doesn't add up in your opinion?

This isn't 1972 anymore.

I'd like to know if the depraved coward actually/seriously thought that he'd get away with committing a crime like this in 2023?

If he actually did think that he'd never get caught, not only is he not very bright, but highly delusional, to boot.

Of course, it's quite possible that knew he'd eventually get caught and/or wanted to get caught to gain the notoriety.
IMHO, I believe the disillusions part is because his experiences have leveraged him more inwardly. By what his peers statements have affirmed, he may just not be able to differentiate external relationships the way an average person would. It seems a relief that he was caught this early in his life that the potential long term damage is contained. IMOH

Or he planned on going golfing the next day or so.

The person you are replying to is pondering the golf clubs visible through the window of the first floor on Sept 1-2, 2022. During the noise complaint body cams. So if he was going next day, that would have been back in Sept.

But interviews with Dash, his roommate, and others who casually knew Kohberger paint a different picture: one of a man who wasn't always introverted and could sometimes have an outgoing demeanor that left people feeling impressed or put off.

Popping in and out of Pullman coffee shops, dropping by local craft-beer establishments, and attempting to hang out with his neighbors — Kohberger didn't stand out as unhinged, but rather as a sometimes-chatty guy whose lengthy conversations might throw a wrench in his neighbors' days.

Over time, though, the man started to avoid Kohberger if he saw him coming — not because he didn't like him, but because their talks tended to drag on.

He said that when he saw Kohberger approach, he would quicken his step to appear in a hurry so it wouldn't look awkward to give Kohberger a passing hello rather than fall into a conversation.

Bryan Kohberger is more of an extrovert and quite sociable and talkative. There have been plenty of killers and criminals who are quite sociable, like Betty Broderick, Diane Downs, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, Lori Drew, Jerry Sandusky, and Jimmy Savile.
This is a weird thing to tell a reporter IMO but I can relate. It doesn’t seem like it was ill willed to avoid him, as he states that more than once . I live in a building that’s quite social and there are times I avoid friends or neighbors because I don’t want to have a conversation or I’m not feeling social MOO

I've never had to have a TB test to teach or TA at universities in the US (nor have I heard of this and I'm around BK's age), so I don't think that would be a reason BK went to the clinic / had to expose skin.

The WSU on-campus clinic has a pharmacy, vision clinic, mental health services, primary care, and a few other medical services (more info here, not sure if this has been linked). They also offer flu shots...
I bet I missed it, but where was it said it was a WSU clinic? The article said a doctor's office near his home.

Most routine check-ups at university clinics don't involve disrobing. IME. People have to have TB tests to be teachers/TA's though, so a forearm might need to be produced. A major reason students drop by is...anxiety. I wonder if he receives treatment for his VSS.

I think one of the points of the article is that many other people cancelled, but he didn't. So I assume he wanted whatever parts of his body would be revealed...to be revealed. If he truly was lacking all bruises and scratches, for sure he must have gone to have that documented.

Which is possible. He would have been quite proud of achieving at least that part of his goal.

Makes sense. Could have been to get his thyroid prescription filled - if he's still being treated for that. He stated in the TaT, on Jul 8, 2011, that he started treatment for hypothyroidism. No clue.
(Edited because I've forgotten how to post on here)

Last edited:

Newly released body camera footage shows slain University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves speaking to cops three months before she and three friends were brutally murdered.

Moscow Police responded to the off-campus home Goncalves and her friends were renting on August 16, after neighbors complained about the noise coming from an apparent party at the house.

Goncalves, 21, was polite and respectful as an officer let her off with a warning.

The video, released Wednesday by the Law and Crime Network, documents the Moscow Police's visit to the King Road home back in August.

Goncalves could be seen coming out a sliding glass door wearing a tan strapless dress as she greets the officers on the scene, saying, 'Hey guys.'

A cop then asks if she knows why they were called to the home, to which Goncalves replied, 'I assume noise.'

The cop then confirmed that the Moscow Police Department did, in fact, receive a call about the excessive noise coming from the home, noting there was a 'big speaker right there.'

He went on to say he had 'nothing against having a party [but] once neighbor's start calling in, then we have an issue.'

'Fair,' Goncalves replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member