ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently lived alone in a 'family' apartment.
I saw no reports of a partner of any description on gender.
I meant to check Tinder after Tiktok girl described a date with him but I think that was a few years ago..
He could have advanced to more 'specific' dating sites in the interim.
I imagine his profiles have all been removed by either LE or the sites, if they existed, by now..
Good, that is cleared up and I can move on. Thanks!

IMO, I remember when OJ was arrested for the murders of NBS and RG, I intuitively knew he did it. With this case, I don’t have that overwhelming sense of BKs guilt. I have a lot of reasonable doubt. I often wonder why BK is so pensive and introverted. It’s almost like he’s trying to figure out who did it in his head. LE/MSM said the crime scene was sloppy and to me that reeks of a young immature male or student who did it to get back at BK. All BK has to do is go back in his mind and figure out who might have done it-some student he peed off, some student who got a bad grade. BK was a teacher, why does anyone think that he would want to kill students? Unless…… there were some unhappy students who perhaps wanted to get him fired or had threatened to do so. Unfortunately, some tough teachers make enemies of students.
Then there will need to be believable doubt cast on the DNA, the car and the cell phone. We'll see how this plays out because that will be where his attorney goes unless he bargains his life in exchange for a guilty plea. MOO

IMO, I remember when OJ was arrested for the murders of NBS and RG, I intuitively knew he did it. With this case, I don’t have that overwhelming sense of BKs guilt. I have a lot of reasonable doubt. I often wonder why BK is so pensive and introverted. It’s almost like he’s trying to figure out who did it in his head. LE/MSM said the crime scene was sloppy and to me that reeks of a young immature male or student who did it to get back at BK. All BK has to do is go back in his mind and figure out who might have done it-some student he peed off, some student who got a bad grade. BK was a teacher, why does anyone think that he would want to kill students? Unless…… there were some unhappy students who perhaps wanted to get him fired or had threatened to do so. Unfortunately, some tough teachers make enemies of students.
I don't personslly think that's what happened here, but I'm liking this idea as the plot of a murder mystery -- one person committing a murder for the express purpose of framing someone else.

It really needs to be the criminal justice student who does this, though, so that he would have the knowledge of what kinds of evidence he should falsely lay out as he sets an elaborate framing scene. MOO

I keep getting confused about how they tracked BK to his parents’ house in PA. I understand that the WSU cops saw his car, traced it, found that it had just been titled with WA state and given front/rear WA plates. I get that they found that his prior registration was PA. I get that PA has rear plates only and video on the night of the murders showed an Elantra with a single plate.

I get that cops got DNA from trash at BKs dad’s house which connected BKs DNA with a 99.998% probable match to his dad.

But how did they connect BK to being in PA for Xmas? I don’t believe his car was tailed or surveilled by air. I don't think they had the DNA connection made yet, thus he wasn’t apprehended prior to his trip to PA.

Sometimes I think I’ve connected those dots and then at other times I’m befuddled. I don’t think it’s fact that they used the genealogy databases to connect BK to the home in PA before Xmas.

How did they track him to the Kohberger family home in PA? This is driving me crazy.

I don't feel sad for him- if in fact he is the killer, he brutally sadistically, violently and horribly butchered four innocent young people. I will save my sadness for these four people, whose lives were cut short by a maniac.
If Bryan didn't do it then I feel incredibly sorry for him and his family. A promising life and a loving family are destroyed. If he did do it then I am reminded of Adam Lanza who should never, ever have been allowed anywhere near a gun much less guns as gifts. Yes, his mother was a victim who set the stage for her own death and for all those who died at Sandy Hook and then for suffering through the insanity ginned up by Alex Jones. If BCK had this type of obsession with murdering and murderers then he should never have set foot in a criminology or criminal justice classroom. IMO Katherine Ramsland cannot be blamed for not recognizing the potential, but she was probably the best credentialed person to do so. Feeding an obsession until the compulsion is to act it out becomes irresistible is almost always a disaster. MOO

Two girls work at 212 S. Main.
They live at 1122
BK lives on the 2nd floor at Steptoe apts (not sure of the # but guessing from the vid of LE removing items; 201 or 202)
The murders happen on 11/13/2022
BK's birthdate is 11/21
Home address # in PA. 119 (from warrant)
Purchase date of PA home: 11/25 (realtor.com)

Yep, I went down a rabbit hole. Insomnia & boredom. o_O Lots of 11s and 2s Coincidence? I think probably so. Just found it a bit odd.

So -- do you think there will be other arrests regarding this case? If yes please explain.
Possible in MHO. I’m not convinced of his guilt 100%. BK could have had an accomplice, there could have been another person that we don’t know of that was at 1122 King Rd. Because of the sloppiness of the crime, I suspect someone younger. Perhaps someone the victims age and within their peer group. We know BK was in that neighborhood before, but may be he was involved with someone who lived nearby. There could be a nearly identical Hyundai roaming around that area, that we don’t know of. “Bushy eyebrows” is subjective and I can think of other males that age who really have bushy eyebrows too. Also, I believe somebody jumped off the third floor balcony that resulted in the “thud” on audio surveillance.

Last edited:
I keep getting confused about how they tracked BK to his parents’ house in PA. I understand that the WSU cops saw his car, traced it, found that it had just been titled with WA state and given front/rear WA plates. I get that they found that his prior registration was PA. I get that PA has rear plates only and video on the night of the murders showed an Elantra with a single plate.

I get that cops got DNA from trash at BKs dad’s house which connected BKs DNA with a 99.998% probable match to his dad.

But how did they connect BK to being in PA for Xmas? I don’t believe his car was tailed or surveilled by air. I don't think they had the DNA connection made yet, thus he wasn’t apprehended prior to his trip to PA.

Sometimes I think I’ve connected those dots and then at other times I’m befuddled. I don’t think it’s fact that they used the genealogy databases to connect BK to the home in PA before Xmas.

How did they track him to the Kohberger family home in PA? This is driving me crazy.
I think their methods for tracking people across country are carefully held FBI secrets.

So if I call out a name in the waiting room, Am I violating the law?

(As a precursor, I’ve ran/owned a healthcare facility for 20+ years)

No, it is not a HIPAA violation to call a pt name in the waiting room. It is protected as an incidental disclosure, pursuant to the carrying out of clinic practices. (Also making the assumption that the pt has filled out the HIPAA health information release paperwork that every healthcare facility uses in todays world)

It WOULD BE a violation if an employee said in the waiting room (for example), “Mr BK, we are ready to see you for your appoIntment today to evaluate your Erectile Dysfunction” …….(hypothetically speaking of course).

It is also a violation for any employee of a healthcare facility to have disclosed that BK was a patient.

An investigation will be done and that employee who spoke to the press will be fired…… and correctly so.

[End of HIPAA rant, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast……. Errrrrr posts]

IMO I politely disagree with your last sentence, after all, I believe a defence attorney’s job is really just to show reasonable doubt, in any way possible. MOO
Oh absolutely not! I disagree completely. A defense attorney is bound to advocate for and protect their client’s constitutional rights. It is NOT to get your client off using any tactic possible, although that is what has tended to evolve as the goal for many criminal defense attorneys (NOT all), IMO.

From the ABA: “Defense counsel have the difficult task of serving both as officers of the court and as loyal and zealous advocates for their clients. The primary duties that defense counsel owe to their clients, to the administration of justice, and as officers of the court, are to serve as their clients’ counselor and advocate with courage and devotion; to ensure that constitutional and other legal rights of their clients are protected; and to render effective, high-quality legal representation with integrity.”

Integrity. Such an important word and concept. I can’t stand attorneys who are lacking it.

Last edited:
With regard to DeSales University and their Master's program in Criminology, the rankings indicate that this private university is highly regarded.

In addition, the faculty member who evalluated BK's abilities is a tenured professor who started out as an assistant professor and then was granted tenure for the quality of her research, teaching and service. Denigrating her and the university without any evidence is just your opinion, and not backed up by any facts.

Did you ever hear of DeSales University before this guy was arrested?

As for rankings, U.S. News ranks DeSales at "#285 out of 443 national universities"...

Money puts DeSales at #421 out of 623 colleges ranked by "Value"...

Clearly nothing to write home about

And speaking of Ms. Bolger, not sure what to make of this quote...

... “I’m shocked as s— at what he’s been accused of. I don’t believe it, but I get it,” Bolger said. “This news is upsetting. I haven’t slept at all since hearing about Bryan.” ...

So, she doesn't believe it (wonder if that's still true), but she 'gets it'.

Two girls work at 212 S. Main.
They live at 1122
BK lives on the 2nd floor at Steptoe apts (not sure of the # but guessing from the vid of LE removing items; 201 or 202)
The murders happen on 11/13/2022
BK's birthdate is 11/21
Home address # in PA. 119 (from warrant)
Purchase date of PA home: 11/25 (realtor.com)

Yep, I went down a rabbit hole. Insomnia & boredom. o_O Lots of 11s and 2s Coincidence? I think probably so. Just found it a bit odd.
IMO. Not a rabbit hole. His birthday was exactly one week after the murders.

I think their methods for tracking people across country are carefully held FBI secrets.

But how would they know to track him? They would track him 2500 miles based on a video of an Elantra with only a rear license plate being connected to him? Isn’t that a big (and expensive) stretch? Plus the FBI said they did not track him. Twice. It’s not like they were silent about the matter. They affirmatively denied it.

Who was driving his white Elantra 12 times near 1122 King Rd?

And yes, I think BK wanted to kill students. Now that you mention it, the carnage could have been much higher had he exacted his murderous rage on an auditorium full of undergrads.

Ah, but then no cat & mouse game ensues.

JMO

One reason, IMO, it would seem that this was meticulously planned is bc of the layout of the house and the fact that he killed 4 people on 2 different floors in a 6 bedroom house within 15 to 20 minutes, in the dark or with minimal lighting. That would be impossible for someone to accomplish by just "winging" it.
YES, YES. YES.

I don't think that attacking the victims in any great way is how the defense will go in this case.

I see them attacking the State's evidence. They will try to convey to the jury that the DNA evidence was contaminated either during collection or the lab. Therefore it's not reliable.

They can say the cell phone evidence is weak, it doesn't place the defendant at the crime scene and the video of a white Elantra could be someone else's.

Things that will not anger the jury but maybe cause them to doubt the State's case. JM
Totally agree. And they will be really persnickety about adherence to procedure. MOO

Last edited:

His previous address would have been on the licence plate change document as well as all other pertinent information about the vehicle.
They tracked it using those gadgets that get one past toll booths and keep records and times and dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member