ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230112_102857_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_102857_YouTube.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 85
The key thing to remember about the car is that it had no front plate in the videos, so it stood out from Elantras registered in WA and ID. But in a college town, there might have been dozens of Elantra's with no front plate. I notice they didn't point that out at all. They just kept asking about Elantras until his finally rose to the top. They probably didn't want to tip anyone off so that they re-registered their car.

We may be surprised how many matching cars they ran down and eliminated one way or another. Then they got to his and couldn't eliminate him. And one thing after another, the pieces started falling into place. But they apparently couldn't get his DNA. Without a match to that DNA they had, they were stuck. I think that's when they took some of his parents' trash back in PA and proved the familial match. I could be very wrong, but I think that was done before he left school to drive back home with Dad.

Working backward on DNA is an investigative nightmare. In my hometown, a young girl scout disappeared and was murdered in 1975. A semen sample was found on her body. They had one suspect, a young man from her neighborhood, but the case went cold. Forensics were not good in 1975 but miraculously, that semen sample was preserved properly. 20+ years later, still working the case, the police asked everyone they could find of a certain age range that lived in the area of her home for a DNA sample to try and find or eliminate suspects. It didn't give them a suspect, but it did give them a long list of people NOT involved, including that young man who spent 20 years under a cloud of suspicion. Several years after the DNA sweep, they arrested a transient for a different rape and murder, and when they ran his DNA looking for other possible crimes, his DNA matched the sample from her case. When confronted with the evidence, he confessed. Because all they had was the DNA, finding him at all was pure dumb luck.
Is digging into someone's trash "before" a search warrant a bad thing? hopefully not, or maybe they got approval from the neighbor. Just hoping this isn't a police misstep and is actually a BK misstep.

Wow, those views from that perspective are much different than I thought they would be. No view of the 3rd floor window, but that may not have been critical. I can’t help but wonder though, even with cover one would think a creeper staking out would get noticed…
It does seem risky that stalking from those places would open a person to being discovered. That said, BK - if he's the guy, and I think he is - doesn't seem to be particularly risk-averse. (BTW, love the Sabbath tag - I actually had a Mob Rules Tour t-shirt back in the day)

We don’t know when he entered. We do know a dog started barking at 4:17 and he was speeding away at 4:20. Relying entirely on the assumption that the barking dog was Murphy, and that he was barking in response to K being murdered on the other side of that door, there just isn’t enough time to proceed from there to kill X and E before leaving.
We know he parked at 4:04 and X was on TikTok until 4:12. If he didn't enter until after 4:12 and killed X & E first, then he sat in his car for at least 8 mins and only has 7 minutes to do both murders on two floors before he is seen running out at 4:20. Also, the thud at 4:17 when the dog also started barking is heard by the camera nearest X's bedroom, so that seems most likely to be X, so it's possible that Murphy started barking after hearing a crash on the second floor loud enough to pick up on a neighbor's camera. It's a lot less plausible like that.

i wonder if the delay is something he had given thought to, eventually thinking of dragging this out to a sort of game or real life exercise of what he has been learning about...

Is digging into someone's trash "before" a search warrant a bad thing? hopefully not, or maybe they got approval from the neighbor. Just hoping this isn't a police misstep and is actually a BK misstep.
With a disclosure that Im not familiar with specific search and seizure laws in PA/WA, searching trash without a warrant is generally allowed if left in an area accessible to the public.

Approximate Distance of security camera from X's room on West side of 1122 King Rd. Exhibit A states that it is located less than 50' from 1112 King Road. I used Google Maps to determine the distance, and Exhibit A to determine the location of the room from the exterior. The 2nd Google Image shows House Numbers and Street Names (old entrances from King Rd). The audio, picked up the dog barking numerous times, according to the NYTimes.

View attachment 394847View attachment 394834

I think this is more than 50 feet rather than less, but not by much. Google Earth says 56 feet.
1112-1122 camera distance.jpg

We know he parked at 4:04 and X was on TikTok until 4:12. If he didn't enter until after 4:12 and killed X & E first, then he sat in his car for at least 8 mins and only has 7 minutes to do both murders on two floors before he is seen running out at 4:20. Also, the thud at 4:17 when the dog also started barking is heard by the camera nearest X's bedroom, so that seems most likely to be X, so it's possible that Murphy started barking after hearing a crash on the second floor loud enough to pick up on a neighbor's camera. It's a lot less plausible like that.
I've wondered if 4:12 was when the phone locked/shutoff? Could she have been on tik tok when attacked and phone was left open/playing?

The affidavit said that "a single source of male DNA" was found on the sheath. So, that would appear to indicate that no other males' DNA was found on the sheath. I expect there is other DNA on the sheath, though, namely that of the victims found in the bed with the sheath.
Even if BK did clean it as any lay person would, I think a police forensics crew going over his Elantra after the murders, would find a wealth of evidence tying him to the killings. It's possible the victims' dna could have been on his hands or clothing as he entered his car, and some transferred to the car's interior; a tiny bit of victim's blood on a shoe transferred to a floor mat? I think there are many possibilities, and keeping that car was a stupid move on his part. I wonder if the doctor performing the autopsies noticed any cuts or nicks to bone that could help identify the weapon used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637