ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I understand the law on confidentiality it goes something like this: it emerged from the laws in Church where the confessor could divulge anything to the priest and this would never be repeated.

Even today, a priest would not divulge the confession of a mass murderer, even if the consequences were dreadful. Pastors of other persuasions take confidential disclosures very seriously also.

Client/attorney privilege is as strong as that between a confessor and priest.
Medical confidentiality is almost as strong as client/attorney privilege.

The information disclosed by the patient to their doctor belongs to the physician. The physician may decide on non-consensual disclosure (very rarely). Legal advice would first be sought.

Kennedy and Grubb, the famous academic lawyers, say that the fact receptionists, secretaries, porters etc. are (of necessity) privy to some medical information this nonetheless ‘drives a coach and horses’ through the law on medical confidentiality. This is so even if such personnel promise to keep matters confidential. It is much worse when they speak to the press, quoting the physician for good measure.

This receptionist should be given a warning and more training, in my opinion.

The above pertains broadly to the English common law on confidentiality, there may be important differences in the US.

The English legal system would not allow any of this sub-judice speculation on an individual’s guilt or innocence, so the pre-trial disclosure to the press could possibly be seen as more ominous, of course.

MOO

Receptionist should be fired and never work in healthcare again. JMO. HIPAA laws are no-joke and speaking as a doctor, she broke it. If a doctor or nurse did what she did, they'd be in danger of permanently losing their license.

I think he wanted to hurt ALL women with these people representing all women to him.
In my opinion, Terrorism was his goal, he wanted women as a whole to hurt. He hated women because they wouldnt bow to his demands.
Either that or he's a psychopath and enjoys killing. I still haven't made up my mind one way or the other.

Maybe it's not obvious but you can talk to LE or the FBI without also selling your story to the Daily Mail. It's not like a legal obligation that the FBI tells you, well, thank you for the interview, be sure to collect your $250 from the Daily Mail reporter on the way out. Thank you for your service.
I wonder if the DM is offering substantially more than that- enough that people in this inflationary ecomony are finding it tough to say no.

Looks like the side of the house has no dripping of any substance from that video footage.

Also the dog is not barking with presence of police officers.

Funny, I don't see that pipe that ran along the bottom of the siding in the post-crime photos.

For what it's worth, I'm convinced it was blood. The area was just beneath where E and X were murdered, and based on reports, I think there was a significant amount of blood.

<modsnip: quoted post removed/snipped>

Also, I do not know how many men are here, but, for any who are, if you have ever shaved with a blade that should have been discarded at least a week sooner, and I think most of us have, you know what razor burn looks like, and the "bruising" seen on BK sure looks like razor burn to me, and he probably had just shaved minutes before going into court. Also, he may have not had shaving gel and had to use soap to shave with. The "bruises" are probably not even visible this evening. And yes, the cuts look like shaving cuts. JMO
His hair was still wet when he walked into the courtroom, so it's probable that he didn't shower and shave long before the hearing. I think the jail is in the same building as the courthouse, IIRC.

Definitely resentment in the mix. Anger. Frustration. He possibly even fantasized more about the killings than he ever did about sex.

It also seems so ill-planned for a person with his background and self-professed skills. He thought he prepared sufficiently - until that moment when he realized he hadn’t. Something unexpected occurred and the plans went south along with the mythical “illusion” of control. It instantaneously morphed into a full blown rampage in his attempt to “contain” things.

He had to keep things UNDER his control. Assess, adapt, overcome. To be in charge, to dominate and feel empowered over these four vulnerable victims in the very place they should have felt most comfortable and safe. Sleeping inside of their home. JMOO
(Bold/Underlined By Me) This - This right here! I've struggled all evening to adequately put my thoughts into words regarding the bullying issue and the statements being made to the media by some of BK's past friends/acquaintances, speculating as to whether it caused him to stalk and then viciously kill this particular group of students. I've reflected on my own bullying experiences as a child and I've had numerous conversations with friends who have shared their own personal stories.

According to the CDC, 1 in 2 people experience bullying by the time they reach the age of 20. 1 in 2. And as one poster pointed out somewhere in this current thread (so sorry I couldn't find the post), these type of violent outcomes do not correlate with the number of bullying incidents experienced throughout the population (THANKFULLY!). With that said, I do not want to diminish the terribly painful impact bullying has; I know - I experienced myself as a child and I'm sure many others here have too at some point in your life. But we're not killers and most are not and will never be.

IMO I truly believe there are those, whether bullied or not, who go through life experiencing everything (and I mean everything) in a very deep way and on an extreme personal level. They see every unfairness, every slight, every rejection, and every loss as being a personal attack that is turned over and over in their minds - never to be forgotten. Their collectors of grievances and, IMO, they find self-soothing and satisfaction in their repeated fantasies of retribution. When OckhamsRazor22 made the comment "He possibly even fantasized more about the killings than he ever did about sex." It was an ahah moment. I believe that's true and sadly the BKs of the world will spend way too much time in their own heads fantasizing about "payback" than they'll ever spend thinking about the true meaning of love & life, the joy that comes from healing your wounds and finding peace and satisfaction, of sharing a meaningful and authentically real relationship with fellow human beings. Certainly bullying helps no one (it hurts), but I'm not convinced BK wouldn't still have ultimately become who he's chosen to become and commit this horrible crime even if he'd never been bullied. JMO.

I don’t think he was the only student doing that survey. While off to some, it has been stated that it is a normal topic for BKs field of study.
It not only is, off, it is from the bizarre mind of a killer. Collegiate surveys are generally well directed, written, over-seen, and graded - - - this sicko questioning is not something one would find college-student's doing, and anything dealing with neuroscience would be in another department. But, one probably wouldn't find it there, either. Now this killer can look in the mirror and have answers to all his lame wanna-be educated " survey." Justice4 Idaho4

Last edited:
I think those requests are all just standard at this juncture. There won't be much or (maybe) anything in some of those categories.

IME. So, IMO as a forensic anthropologist who has followed a lot of trials in various states.

Edited to add a "maybe" and clarify my source (my own experience and reading lots of cases).
Yes. I just began reading to my husband, an atty, and he said that it’s likely a standard document for that court

I wonder if the DM is offering substantially more than that- enough that people in this inflationary ecomony are finding it tough to say no.
I think it’s a combination of the money and potential for fame and attention in our TikTok social media world where everyone can go viral and be famous for 5 minutes.

Plus, these reporters and producers are smart: they make potential sources feel special and important and like they are really contributing to journalism and the discourse by offering their story.

It's on Dateline too. Guess they didn't like 48 Hours scooping them.
I didn't hear anything new on the 48 Hours program that wasn't previously mentioned here, except for E and the Tulip company he worked for and the new flower they have dedicated to him.

I do hope the 20/20 interview with SG goes well for all involved

Why does DM have to supply address/telephone number etc - can't all liasons be through legal channels and not directly between DM and BK's representatives. Is this actually a mandate that she has to follow??? It seems really a unsafe proceedure involving witnesses etc. MOO

I'm pretty sure she will be able to substitute an attorney - but that means she has to have one.

I would love an attorney to weigh in. I don't see why she can't rent a mailbox somewhere (the kind with a physical address) but really, I would hope an attorney would step in and help out.

If she's going to be a witness, she might want that protection.

I didn't hear anything new on the 48 Hours program that wasn't previously mentioned here, except for E and the Tulip company he worked for and the new flower they have dedicated to him.

I do hope the 20/20 interview with SG goes well for all involved
Most of us in here aren’t gonna hear anything new in those programs unless it’s an interview with a new person.

Did not know SG was doing 20/20 interview though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member