OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

An overview of the case so far. And, the article explains why the Amber Alert was not utilized. Good article for newcomers to this thread.

More questions than answers so far. Why the mystery regarding the bio parents?

LE brought in dogs from the Dept. of Corrections so I think (IMO) that means they're hoping to find a live child. And that makes sense as right now it looks like A and her sister were left alone and ended up wandering outside.

But how did they get separated? It seems to me that a little 4-year-old wandering around would stick to her sister like glue. So is there more to the story? Why did Ivor flee to Arizona? I know child neglect charges are serious but is there more to the story? Where did the fugitive from justice charge come from, this case or something else?

From the article:

"Our ERT Team, which is a team specialty trained to go on foot in search of people and things, are out in coordination with civilians who have come and wanted to volunteer their time and effort," Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper Eric Foster said.
Arbeitman said they are collecting items that could be relevant, but she said she's not calling them evidence as of Wednesday afternoon.

"We are finding things around town that could be helpful in this case," Arbeitman said. "We are finding things that we hope might give us clues on where she is. We're still actively looking for her."

Arbeitman said the ground grid search with volunteers was called off Wednesday afternoon, but authorities brought in Oklahoma Department of Corrections dogs to search for Athena.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said anyone who wants to help or has information can go to the command center at Family Life Church near the corner of Third Street and Idaho Avenue.

The OSBI asks anyone with a doorbell camera or surveillance camera to come to Family Life Church so law enforcement can look at the video. The agency also urges Cyril residents to search their properties.

More questions than answers so far. Why the mystery regarding the bio parents?

LE brought in dogs from the Dept. of Corrections so I think (IMO) that means they're hoping to find a live child. And that makes sense as right now it looks like A and her sister were left alone and ended up wandering outside.

But how did they get separated? It seems to me that a little 4-year-old wandering around would stick to her sister like glue. So is there more to the story? Why did Ivor flee to Arizona? I know child neglect charges are serious but is there more to the story? Where did the fugitive from justice charge come from, this case or something else?

From the article:

"Our ERT Team, which is a team specialty trained to go on foot in search of people and things, are out in coordination with civilians who have come and wanted to volunteer their time and effort," Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper Eric Foster said.
Arbeitman said they are collecting items that could be relevant, but she said she's not calling them evidence as of Wednesday afternoon.

"We are finding things around town that could be helpful in this case," Arbeitman said. "We are finding things that we hope might give us clues on where she is. We're still actively looking for her."

Arbeitman said the ground grid search with volunteers was called off Wednesday afternoon, but authorities brought in Oklahoma Department of Corrections dogs to search for Athena.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said anyone who wants to help or has information can go to the command center at Family Life Church near the corner of Third Street and Idaho Avenue.

The OSBI asks anyone with a doorbell camera or surveillance camera to come to Family Life Church so law enforcement can look at the video. The agency also urges Cyril residents to search their properties.

Isn't fugitive from justice just because the charge is in Oklahoma and he is having to be extradited from Arizona?, so the FFJ warrant is how he is able to be arrested in a different state?

Isn't fugitive from justice just because the charge is in Oklahoma and he is having to be extradited from Arizona?, so the FFJ warrant is how he is able to be arrested in a different state?
Yes, in which case LE must have gotten an arrest warrant for him the same time they did for his wife. I was just wondering if that was all, IOW does he have any other charges? I should have been clearer with my question.

MOD NOTE:

STOP INTRODUCING AND DISCUSSING SOCIAL MEDIA RUMORS! If you can not provide a link to an approved source for the information you post as fact, you simply can’t post or discuss it.

These are the RULES concerning social media. Several pages are allowed to be linked and discussed. However, the following applies to even those:

Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.

Also, Athena’s sister is no longer missing, according to officials. Therefore, she will be referred to as ‘Athena’s sister’ or something of the like. Do not use her first or full name.

Thanks for your cooperation,
Mad

Just a theory - a tiny way to hold on to a smidge of hope.

Maybe one of the Bio parents came and snatched her when the caregivers left?
Maybe the older child hid for unknown reasons.
Maybe Bio parent is in hiding.

I know it's farfetched, but I have to have hope.

JMO

“Ivon Adams, 36, was taken into custody in Arizona. Jail records in Maricopa County show that he was booked Thursday on a fugitive from justice charge. He is waiting for extradition to Oklahoma, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said in a Facebook post.”

“Trash service in Cyril, a town about 80 miles southwest of Oklahoma City, has been postponed as investigators continue their search for Athena. “
Snippets above from -

Also-
“According to the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation, Ivon and his wife Alysia were caretakers for both Athena and her sister at the time of her disappearance.
During his court appearance Friday, an Arizona judge initially set his bond for $1 million, if Adams chose to remain in Arizona for an extradition hearing.
However, Adams waved his rights to an extradition hearing, saying “I want to get there and take care of it.
He will now be held without bond for up to 30 days in the Maricopa County Jail, as he awaits extradition to Oklahoma.”
Above Snipped from-

This is interesting...new boyfriend?

REVEALED: Missing Athena Brownfield's TikTok-obsessed caregiver enjoyed a romantic weekend with her new boyfriend AFTER the little girl vanished

• Police say Athena Brownfield vanished as early as Thursday January 6
  • On January 7 and 8, Alysia Adams was enjoying the weekend with her boyfriend
  • The pair went out for meals and watched a movie at a theater in Oklahoma City
  • Athena was reported missing on January 10 when a postal worker found her sister, <modsnip>, wandering near her home
  • Alysia and her estranged husband Ivon have been arrested on child neglect charges

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting...new boyfriend?

REVEALED: Missing Athena Brownfield's TikTok-obsessed caregiver enjoyed a romantic weekend with her new boyfriend AFTER the little girl vanished

• Police say Athena Brownfield vanished as early as Thursday January 6
  • On January 7 and 8, Alysia Adams was enjoying the weekend with her boyfriend
  • The pair went out for meals and watched a movie at a theater in Oklahoma City
  • Athena was reported missing on January 10 when a postal worker found her sister, <modsnip>, wandering near her home
  • Alysia and her estranged husband Ivon have been arrested on child neglect charges
I have a question. From appearances, it seems as though AA left for the weekend on a trip with her new boyfriend, leaving the kids, including the two littles, with estranged husband. If he was also a "caregiver" of the children, then how is it that she is arrested? It could very well be that she took off, not realizing that he could ever harm the kids. He then harmed Athena and took off and disposed of her somewhere. BIG QUESTION: Where are the other 4 children and what do they know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991