ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's more nonsense from the DM:

She opened her bedroom door, then saw a man in a black ski mask that covered his nose and mouth, walking 'towards her'.

headbang.gif

@rsd1200 @Diogenetic @ktm44

Wow these threads are whooshing by so fast I can’t reply fast enough before they close out(!)

So I’m tagging various responders here related to my question “why a knife?”

I wasn’t suggesting he used a gun and knife simultaneously. I agree that would be silly.

Someone had suggested maybe - maybe - he was carrying a gun as backup. Which was interesting because going in with just a knife as one person against multiple other people, it’s a risky decision. Just a knife is a risky decision.

If even one person had woken up the others it’s possible they as a group could have fought him off - possible - MOO - so that’s why I say a knife was a risky decision.

A knife definitely had advantages as others here have pointed out. Silent, personal, phallic, grisly, challenging, similar to boxing, are all very interesting points others here have made as to advantages of the knife.

I’m pondering why he chose the knife because I believe this choice is very closely related to his overall motivation. And I can only hope that the more often we can understand motivation, the more likely we are to reduce the incidences of these things.

RSD1200 offered a detailed and informative answer so far on knives vs guns (thread 63) so thank you for that!

Well we all know that it is totally inaccurate.

Page 5 of the Affidavit says a latent shoe print was found outside DM’s bedroom.

Also DM never said he went out the slider, she says he was walking in that direction.

I think the author of this article did some speed-reading. JMO

View attachment 395238
<modsnip>If I read that right, he called DM seeing him in the house "hearsay".

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? DM said, via information in PCA, that the killer walked from the area of the living room right past DM's door heading towards the sliding glass door in the kitchen. Right outside the sliding glass door LE found a shoe print in the mud. Why jump off the balcony when you can just walk down the stairs unimpeded?
BBM. The problem is that the PCA does not say, and nothing else I have found says the bolded part except that article. The article got it wrong, imo. The shoe print was INSIDE, but outside DMs room per the PCA.

Why? DM said, via information in PCA, that the killer walked from the area of the living room right past DM's door heading towards the sliding glass door in the kitchen. Right outside the sliding glass door LE found a shoe print in the mud. Why jump off the balcony when you can just walk down the stairs unimpeded?
Because the PCA states that the Vans footprint was found outside her bedroom door, not the sliding glass door.

Maddie’s dad says the song “Angel” by Sarah Mclachlan reminds him of Maddie. As if that song isn’t hard enough and sad enough to listen to (those animal cruelty commercials always got me).

He also is planning on getting an angel tattoo like hers with his sister. His first tattoo. What a strong guy.

I watched Dateline (and popped over to watch 20/20 a few times), Keith Morrison always does a great job on Dateline.
I found it interesting that campus security in Pullman, WA were the first to discover the white Elantra, well-done!!

<modsnip> If I read that right, he called DM seeing him in the house "hearsay".
Here's the actual quote:

"I don’t believe hearsay is admissible in Idaho under the rules,” LaBar said. “Cross-examination of her is going to be key in the case to possibly get even more holes as far as the identification is concerned.”

In context I think he is saying that putting her on the stand to make that statement will be... problematic, and without her saying it on the stand, it would be hearsay.

Just spitballing here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching dateline now, and I’m fired up about the “no threat to the public,” thing. I totally forgot about that. No, this guy wouldn’t have killed again for a while, but they couldn’t have known that at the time.
MassGuy, I used to be a MassGirl. That 'no threat to the public' thing bugged me from the very beginning. I could not conceive of how that early in the investigation they could know that. I am rooting for this Police Department but I am still shaking my head about that one.

MassGuy, I used to be a MassGirl. That 'no threat to the public' thing bugged me from the very beginning. I could not conceive of how that early in the investigation they could know that. I am rooting for this Police Department but I am still shaking my head about that one.
How do we know the police didn’t identify him quickly and were trailing him?
Also good new info article in nytimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member