ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I’m going to guess and say that the killer left the slider open and cold cold air got into the home which kicked in the heater into MAX output and it broke. Therefore, it was cold in the house that Sunday AM-very cold and the odors……….we needn’t go there.
That is the most logical reason, I agree.
But add in that any unneeded persons at the scene can cause cross-contamination and it would be IMO, questionable professionalism if they called HVAC repair in the middle of forensic evidence collection or even soon after.
I'm almost certain that if the HVAC was on when this happened, there would be a treasure trove of forensic evidence in any vents.

JMO

My suspicion is that she slept through the entire ordeal. In fact, it might have only been once she got up that DM came out and the 911 call was set in motion. She was all alone, down in (basically the basement) the first floor. The room directly above her's is DM's, which had no activity.

JMHO
True. I think it’s Bethany who made the 911 call because i think it was Dylan who passed out. I think the neighbors took the phone from Bethany because she was hyperventilating and 911 couldn’t understand her and the neighbors s didn’t know what was in the house so they told 911 there’s an unconscious person (Dylan)

But i still don’t understand why Bethany’s phone was useful in narrowing down the time of the murders.

I'm going to apologise in advance because I've just come on after a couple of days so obviously haven't caught up (never will). Why is the type of mask he was wearing so important?

It’s mainly a question of accuracy. It shouldn’t be changed to ‘ski mask’ unless the roommate said it was a ski mask.

There are other issues, though. How scary was the mask? Nothing at all scary about a Covid mask, where I live. A ski mask would be scary, but maybe they take them in stride, in Idaho. So the type of mask s definitely relevant, but we just don’t know.

MOO

The Dateline episode revealed something that I’m not sure if it was new information or not, but they interviewed one of his students at WSU when he was a teacher’s assistant and the student said he was a really tough grader and would often deduct points really harshly, but right after the murders he started giving everyone 100s for everything.

A psychologist on the episode speculated that the murders gave him a psychological release that changed him and perhaps got rid of pent up anxiety and anger within him.

Because the PCA states that the Vans footprint was found outside her bedroom door, not the sliding glass door.
Yes they didn’t find it until a second trip if I am remembering correctly. If outside I’m sure there was so many foot prints it would pretty much been impossible to wait until a second trip.

Thanks for posting the actual quote. Makes sense, what LaBar is saying from the defense's point of view.

It's total hearsay that she saw BK and that is not what she states (via the PCA), but I don't think it is hearsay that she saw a stranger (to her) in the house, as specified in the PCA. It's part of her statement to police, as a witness so IMO it is not hearsay. MOO
Technically, attorney LaBar is correct and he must know that the witnesses have only given statements and have not testified in court or for a grand jury, so I think he is just saying that before they testify, the information attributed to the witness is hearsay and shouldn't be accepted as factual by the public/media.
Moo

Yes! I think it was very smart they went about this. It’s not necessary for them to destroy her now. The jury can make of it what they will. The defense can start screaming all they want “but she’s not certain it was BK because she was intoxicated.” And she can just say i only said i saw a man i didn’t know leaving around 4am around 5’10 lean but muscular etc bushy eyebrows (what she stated).

And I’m still very interested about Dylan and Bethany’s phones because the PCA states their phones narrowed down the time of the murders….

They mysteriously don’t mention a word about Bethany in the PCA. Maybe Bethany didn’t hear anything but was recording a tik tok video or something that shows something in the window. Who knows?
RBBM
The first thing I thought when you said that (bolded) was, LE used their memories of what they were doing on their phones when certain things happened. For a hypothetical example, Dylan was texting a friend a meme of a jelly and then heard 'someone playing with the dog'. LE can then look at what time the meme was shared and say it was 4:0blah am.
Another hypothetical example maybe Bethany sent a goodnight message to someone before she fell asleep, and so LE can see what time that was and can deduce the events did not happen BEFORE that time.
These are just examples and I am not suggesting anything from them.
ETA: hypothetical and JMO

Last edited:
That is the most logical reason, I agree.
But add in that any unneeded persons at the scene can cause cross-contamination and it would be IMO, questionable professionalism if they called HVAC repair in the middle of forensic evidence collection or even soon after.
I'm almost certain that if the HVAC was on when this happened, there would be a treasure trove of forensic evidence in any vents.

JMO
It wasn't in the middle of evidence collection, it was on December 5th. Even after the cars were towed off.

My suspicion is that she slept through the entire ordeal. In fact, it might have only been once she got up that DM came out and the 911 call was set in motion. She was all alone, down in (basically the basement) the first floor. The room directly above her's is DM's, which had no activity.

JMHO
True. I think it’s Bethany who made the 911 call because i think it was Dylan who passed out. I think the neighbors took the phone from Bethany because she was hyperventilating and 911 couldn’t understand her and the neighbors s didn’t know what was in the house so they told 911 there’s an unconscious person (Dylan)

But i still don’t understand why Bethany’s phone was useful in narrowing down the time of the murders.
Exactly. This latest article from the DM with it's quote re hearsay and that Dylan said she saw a man in a ski mask...it paints a picture. Why paint this picture? Can't go there without bashing an approved source so have to move on.
ohhhhh i misunderstood that y’all were talking about an article

My bad.

I was saying it was smart of DYLAN and LE to simply say a MAN and not BK. It saves her from a lot of nonsense from the defense. JMO

Poor girl has been through enough and will have to go through more :(

Considering that she has to go through more, not INSISTING it was Bryan she saw, I think is the smartest and most hassle free way to go about it, for her sake.

If she really and truly at the time was not certain it was him, then she should stand by that statement rather than let the other side and the media tear her to shreds.

Another thing the Dateline episode revealed which I’m also not sure if this is old or not is when Kohberger’s cell phone through records was shown to be near the house several times in the months leading up to the murders, he was also picked up on their WiFi. So he had to have been really close.

Some speculation that he may have physically walked up to the house previously and did a “dry run” seeing if doors and windows were unlocked.

Well, if that was the case then Daily Maily would need to ref an anonymous source for this 'new' (to the public) info and could even say, source wants to remain anon cos they are breaking a gag order. This didn't happen IMO.
Yes they could, they even should but that doesn't mean they do. Daily Mail is also a British paper. A gag order issued in Idaho, USA probably holds no water overseas and like I said people can and do talk while a gag order is present. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member