Deceased/Not Found MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Jury

Grand jurors must be fair and impartial, and must treat everyone equally regardless of race, color, or creed. A grand jury is a group of 23 persons working as a unit to hear evidence that is presented by the prosecutor. Its function is to consider this evidence, then decide if enough evidence exists to indict (bring a criminal charge against) a person or corporation.

[...]

A grand jury is a group of 23 persons working as a unit to hear evidence that is presented by the prosecutor. Its function is to consider this evidence, then decide if enough evidence exists to indict (bring a criminal charge against) a person or corporation.

[...]

Exemptions: There are no exemptions from grand jury service. Massachusetts law requires every qualified citizen between the ages of 18 and 70 to serve. (Those over age 70 may request a disqualification, if desired.) Even residents of other states (such as college students) must serve if they live in Massachusetts for six months of the year or more.

[...]

The grand jury sits for a term of three (3) months. However, the number of days you must report each week varies greatly from county to county, depending on the needs of the court.

[...]

Prospective grand jurors may request deferment of their service to either January, April, July, or October, as most grand juries are convened only during those months.

Grand Juror's Handbook

The MOTHER of the missing Ana says that every day is getting harder for her, that she still believes that she will finally get positive information about Ana and that her daughter will contact her. She says she is worried about the messages Brian sent, but also about new information about the investigation into her daughter's disappearance.

Ding ding ding. Media Thread for this case. Ding ding ding
.... for media only - articles, maps, court documents, timelines, photos, etc. There's no discussion in the media thread.
I like to think of it as a library. You can go there to study or just to browse, but NO TALKING! :p
From above post: "...think of it as a library. You can go there to study or just to browse, but NO TALKING! ..."

@PommyMommy.
Come on down, you're the winner of POST of the DAY.*

Thanks for your hard work in assembling it.

Last edited:
I don't think the red book is a passport. It looks too thick.
Could be a journal or a note book, etc.

My personal life insurance docs and also a notarized copy of my will are tucked inside a similar red faux-leather snapped pouch. My insurance carrier's corporate name is embossed in gold across the front.

This red item that's currently in evidence appears to be expandable files when opened.

Screenshot 2023-01-14 12.13.29 PM.png

Ana Walshe’s final chilling note to husband revealed: ‘Courage, love, perseverance…’

I justed added the following updated timeline to the Media & Timeline thread:

Brian Walshe Timeline

Jan/75 - Brian Reza Walshe born

Apr/83 - Ana Ljubicic born in Serbia

1983? - BW’s father ‘abandons’ family [per BW statement]

2003 - BW’s parent divorce

Summer 2005 - AW works in Little Washington VA

Summer 2006 - AW works in Little Washington VA

Summer 2007 - AW works in NYC

Prior to 2008 - Ana marries Mark Knipp; becomes Ana Knipp

May’08 – 2010 - AW works in Lennox MA

2008 - BW meets Ana Knipp at Wheatleigh Hotel in Lennox, MA

Sep/10 – Feb15 - AW works at Willard ICH in Boston [Ana’s LinkedIn]

Prior to 2011 - BW steals > $500k from father in temporary borrowing deal re house flip [source: FP affidavit]

Aug 2/14 - AW files report with DC police that BW threatened to kill her and friends [Files police report

2014 - Ana divorces MK. [Knipp marriage/divorce]

Feb/15 - BW gives AW Maserati as Valentine’s gift

Feb/15-Mar/17 - AW director of Front Office, InterContinental, Boston area

Jun 2015 - BW reported address is 425 Massachusetts Ave NW, DC. [per Cavalry debt collection complaint]

Dec 21,2015 - BW & AW get married in Boston [source: Warhol fraud complaint at link Thread 2 #10]

Apr 2016 - AW purchased residence. (Residence later connected to Warhol fraud.)

May 1/16 - TW will dated May 1 2016 which disinherits BW. [per JO affidavit]

2016 - BW & AW have first child, Thomas

2016/17? - BW’s father, TW, has stroke

Nov 2016 - BW commits Warhol fraud

Mar/17 - ?/19 - AW works as Head of Front Office, Taj Hotels

Sep 21/18 - BW’s father dies in India

Oct/18 - BW indicted on federal wire fraud charges re Warhol paintings.

Nov/18 - BW pleads not guilty to fraud charges re Warhol paintings

Late 2018 - BW destroys father’s (TW) will

Dec/18 - BW gets himself appointed as Personal Representative for TW’s estate [Supplemental Sentencing Memo]

2018/19?? - BW posts TW estate assets for sale

Jul 2019 - Andrew W appointed by courts as Special Personal Rep for TW’s estate, and obligates BW to account for what happened to the assets.

Sep 2019 - BW objects to appointment of Andrew W re father’s estate

Oct 2019 - 2nd child born

Nov/19-Apr/20 - AW Director with Newbury Boston

Feb 2020 - cell phone copy of TW’s will admitted into probate [source: supplemental sentencing memo]

Dec/20 - 3rd child born

Aug/20–Feb/22 - AW Director Ops with Mutlu Group. (Note that G Mutlu was at NYE w BW/AW day she went missing.

Apr 2021 - BW pleads guilty re Warhol fraud. Gets non-imprisonment sentence w conditions.

Sep 7/21 - AW writes letter to judge praising BW, with goal of BW avoiding prison time [AW Letter mentioned]

Oct/21 - court about to file home confinement sentence on BW when bank raised issue. Sentence agreement suspended as a result.

Nov/21 - AW posts on her LinkedIn/IG that BW is hosting a ‘Money is Emotional’ workshop

Dec/21 - AW’s mother visiting AW/BW. Has medical emergency. BW takes her to emerg. Helps her with her recovery.

Feb 2022 - AW takes new job in DC at Tishman Speyer as a regional property manager.

Mar 2022 - BW & AW sell Jerusalem Rd home in Cohasset

Apr 2022 - FBI raid on DC apartment building where AW had recently become property manager on behalf of her employer. [FBI raid in DC]

Jun 2022 - Ana submits 2nd supportive letter to the sentencing court for BW, mentioning her mother’s medical incident. Ana’s mother and sister also file supportive letters. [see attached exhibits here: BW supplemental sentencing exhibits]

Jun 2022 - gov’t file supplemental sentencing memo re B’s Warhol fraud (repeats original request for 30 month sentence, based on perjury and non-compliance w conditions). [Supplemental Sentencing Memo]

Nov 2022 - AW visits Serbia

Dec 2022 - rush to sell off assets for cash (Dec 28/29) – car, apartment

Dec 26/22 - AW asks mother to come the next day. Mother says she can’t.

Dec 27/22 - AW was supposed to visit her friend ‘CW’. AW cancels. [thread 1, #494]

Dec 31/22 - GEM joins AW and BW for NY Eve celebration

Jan 1/23 - Gem leaves between 1-1:30 am.

Jan 1/23 - AW reported to have left between 4-5 am via rideshare for airport. BW says AW said she had a work emergency and had to go to DC. AW did not have a flight booked and did not fly to DC.

Jan 1/23 - BW says he drives to mother’s home to Swampscott. “gets lost”. unaccounted time.

Jan 2/23 - AW’s phone connected to a cellphone tower for last time at 3:14 a.m. within a quarter-mile of the area of Reservoir Road (0.7 miles from family's home. [Police log]

Jan 2/23 - BW caught on cctv at Home Depot buying tarps, cleaning supplies, etc. On cctv at juice

bar.

Jan 3/23 - AW had a scheduled flight from MA to DC for work. She didn’t make this flight.

Jan 4/23 - AW’s employer calls BW saying AW didn’t show up at work.

-AW’s employer contacts LE to report LE missing

Jan 6/23 - LE tells media AW is missing. LE commences search around AW’s home and surrounding area (including woods by Stop & Shop)

Jan 6/23 - fire breaks out at former Jerusalem Rd home of BW/AW. LE reports unconnected to case.

Jan 7/23 - LE continues search. Drains pool at BW/AW rental home on Chief Justice Cushing Hwy in Cohasset.

Jan 8/23 - BW arrested for obstruction.

Jan 9/23 - BW arraigned. Prosecutors announce that bloody knife found in basement of home.

Jan 9/23 - LE remove dumpsters from BW’s mother’s apartment complex in Swampscott.

ETA: This is still not complete; lacks sources in many cases; and likely contains some errors. I won't be offended if others want to contribute! ;) And special thanks to @PommyMommy for setting up that incredible media & timeline thread.
AW received the Maserati for Valentine‘s day in 2019. It is clear from her Instagram post it was 2019. The car itself was a 2015 model.

You might also add to Timeline that BW was arrested on May 9, 2018 for the Warhol fraud. He was released on May 11th, 2018 after mother provided $75k bail bond. These dates are confirmed in Boston Herald article from the time that was posted by someone previously on this site, and also by court documents for the Warhol case, a link to which has also been provided previously by others.

(p.s., this post of mine previously, for a short while, also contained a speculative response to another post that I DID NOT intend to post, at least not at this time. Apologies for the confusion)

Last edited:

Former FBI agent: DNA will be "jackpot" in Ana Walshe case​

A former FBI special agent says forensic analysis is now the crucial piece in the disappearance of Ana Walshe of Cohasset. WBZ-TV's Beth Germano reports.

Although it isn't mentioned in this video; it has been mentioned before about one child possibly being forced to have his blood drawn for DNA purposes. LE obtained a buccal swab from BW upon arrest.

I am highly opposed to using any one of Ana's boys to prove it's her blood on the knife and in the basement. We cannot subject our children to such traumatic processes. He'll grow up knowing his blood was used to determine whether or not his own mother bled to death within their family home. I am vehemently opposed to these children being subjected to a needle being poked into their arms. LEO needs to find another way. Ana has a living sister in Canada. Go there to get it.
Leave the children alone, please.

JAN 13, 2023

‘There’s too much planning in it’: Missing Mom Ana Walshe’s ‘Sociopath’ Husband Has ‘No insanity defense,’ Expert Says

[...]

Fox News Digital reports that a New York-based lawyer who “successfully tried a mental health defense in 2014,” doesn’t think the defendant will be able to claim insanity in the case.

“Most of our clients are sociopaths, that means you’re just putting your interest above society,” New York defense attorney Daniel Gotlin said. “It doesn’t mean you’re insane when you a commit a crime.”

“There’s too much planning in it. Insanity happens on the spur of the moment."

[...]

Although it isn't mentioned in this video; it has been mentioned before about one child possibly being forced to have his blood drawn for DNA purposes. LE obtained a buccal swab from BW upon arrest.

I am highly opposed to using any one of Ana's boys to prove it's her blood on the knife and in the basement. We cannot subject our children to such traumatic processes. He'll grow up knowing his blood was used to determine whether or not his own mother bled to death within their family home. I am vehemently opposed to these children being subjected to a needle being poked into their arms. LEO needs to find another way. Ana has a living sister in Canada. Go there to get it.
Leave the children alone, please.
No need for that. They ought to be able to compare dna from the blood to dna from Ana’s personal effects. No need to even involve the children for dna testing in this case.

AW received the Maserati for Valentine‘s day in 2019. It is clear from her Instagram post it was 2019. The car itself was a 2015 model.

You might also add to Timeline that BW was arrested on May 9, 2018 for the Warhol fraud. He was released on May 11th, 2018 after mother provided $75k bail bond. These dates are confirmed in Boston Herald article from the time that was posted by someone previously on this site, and also by court documents for the Warhol case, a link to which has also been provided previously by others.

(p.s., this post of mine previously, for a short while, also contained a speculative response to another post that I DID NOT intend to post, at least not at this time. Apologies for the confusion)
Thanks MissSuzie (and for the previous suggestions for the timeline).

I have to say I'm confused about the Maserati. Some people say it was for Valentine's 2015 and other's say 2019. (The latter based on presuming it was TW's car stolen/borrowed from the estate.) I'm not sure if that was a separate Maserati as someone said it was clear from the IG post that it was earlier. I can't find that same IG post anymore. Could someone else find it and link it our else help me confirm the correct timing?

Thanks.

I have to say I'm confused about the Maserati. Some people say it was for Valentine's 2015 and other's say 2019. (The latter based on presuming it was TW's car stolen/borrowed from the estate.) I'm not sure if that was a separate Maserati as someone said it was clear from the IG post that it was earlier. I can't find that same IG post anymore. Could someone else find it and link it our else help me confirm the correct timing?

Thanks.
Does this help?

[...]

Brian Walshe also appears to have gifted her a 2015 Maserati for Valentine's Day.

Ana Walshe appears to praise her husband, Brian, in a 2019 Instagram post for buying her a Maserati.

Ana Walshe appears to praise her husband, Brian, in a 2019 Instagram post for buying her a Maserati.

[...]

ETA: Instagram post is dated February 15, 2019

Thanks.
I think we aren’t allowed to link to IG comments here (at least when I did once it was removed).

She received the 2015 Maserati Quattroporte (abbreviated Q4, means 4-door) on Valentine’s Day, 2019. They bought the car—it is not the Maserati once owned by BW’s father.

No need for that. They ought to be able to compare dna from the blood to dna from Ana’s personal effects. No need to even involve the children for dna testing in this case.

Unfortunately, I don't get to make those decisions.

"Law enforcement sources told CNN that investigators hope to collect blood samples from Ana Walshe’s sons so they have a “direct bloodline” sample to compare against traces of blood found in the couple’s basement. Those results could give investigators a result that makes an almost certain match to blood and a bloodied knife found in the basement and apparent bloodstains at the refuse processing plant."

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/10/...ssachusetts-mother-husband-tuesday/index.html

Unfortunately, I don't get to make those decisions.

"Law enforcement sources told CNN that investigators hope to collect blood samples from Ana Walshe’s sons so they have a “direct bloodline” sample to compare against traces of blood found in the couple’s basement. Those results could give investigators a result that makes an almost certain match to blood and a bloodied knife found in the basement and apparent bloodstains at the refuse processing plant."

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/10/...ssachusetts-mother-husband-tuesday/index.html
Whomever provided that quote probably spoke without understanding the nature of DNA. As a neuroscientist, I can assure you they don’t need blood to establish a direct bloodline.

Reference the current Idaho/Kohberger case. They established a paternal relationship between trace dna left on a knife sheath (BKs) and dna left on some garbage they pulled from the trash at his parents’ home (BKs father).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member