NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also find it hard to believe that burning items in backyard is not connected to Madalina’s case, unless they burned furnitures regularly in the garden which neighbours would know. I also think its not legal to do that and would have been reported?
For sure not legal but I did notice that in their area they don’t do bulk pick ups. If they didn’t have a truck and only that small car taking an old couch to the dumps would cost them paying someone to pick it up. So maybe they figured they would burn it? Just my thoughts.

Just to clarify, even though an early report claimed the parents burned an entire couch later sources changed it to couch cushions.

Granted, the Daily Mail has been the main source which other msm quote but it's the only publication I've seen that actually interviewed the Fire Chief so I'm inclined to believe they burned cushions but not the entire couch. MOO of course.

I wonder if a couch is listed in the search warrants?

Even if cushions were all they burned if anyone here has ever had the unfortunate experience of being near burning foam stuffing you'll know how nasty (and toxic!) the smoke can be. I'm not surprised neighbors called police and the Fire Department! Yuck!

Anyway, here's the part about burning couch cushions:

The family of 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari was seen lighting a fire and torching couch cushions and other items that burned for days in their backyard, in the days after she disappeared but weeks before she was reported missing, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Neighbors recall seeing flames and smoke billowing from the yard of the Victoria Bay Drive home in late November, prompting calls to police and the fire department in Cornelius, North Carolina.

Reached by DailyMail.com late Wednesday, Cornelius Fire Chief Guerry Barbee acknowledged the blaze but refused to discuss specifics.

'I can't speak on that now because of the investigation,' he said.

Another mention:

Investigators reportedly are focusing on the firepit in the backyard of the family’s two-story brick home not far from Lake Norman where couch cushions were burned around the time the girl went missing in November unbeknownst to police at the time. Last week, a court temporarily sealed search warrants related to the girl’s disappearance until at least March in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation, according to the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Office.

This is all just my guessing and hoping it’s true I guess. But if DC had taken MC and given her to someone, that 3rd phone could have been the way she communicated with said person.
LE have that third phone, so whatever it was used for will show up in phone data records, just like with the two other phones that were confiscated.. I believe the collecting of this data is called mobile device forensics. but I am no expert. my opinion

ETA LE will have seized the family's computers as well. I believe even if DC and CP deleted history and emails, the computer forensics lab will find everything that ever was on that hard drive....Or maybe CP destroyed the hard drives. That would be interesting....Opinion.

Last edited:
I've been wondering about upcoming court proceedings. Hoping for input from posters.

We know CP and DC have hearings scheduled in Mecklenburg Superior Court for March 2, 2023 (links below). While not stated in court posting, I think these are Probable Cause hearings

We know parents have been indicted by Grand Jury with Failure to Report Missing Child.

I am wondering now, with the evidence recently gathered, if the State might convene another Grand Jury to determine if adequate new evidence has been gathered to proceed with murder charges. And...will this likely happen before the scheduled March 2, 2023 hearings?

Don't forget that one of the redacted search warrant documents released indicate a probable charge of kidnapping, although it may not be against the parents, but an unnamed 3rd party. I hope from this there is a hope that Madalina is not deceased but still alive.

Don't forget that one of the redacted search warrant documents released indicate a probable charge of kidnapping, although it may not be against the parents, but an unnamed 3rd party. I hope from this there is a hope that Madalina is not deceased but still alive.

I don't believe that M was sold or kidnapped, and that is jmo. I'm hoping the kidnapping pc is somehow linked with possible federal charges? E.g., if they cannot prove a death, maybe they can build a circumstantial case for kidnapping that would lead to federal charges and bigger penalty than just the state's failure to report case. It's also a felony, but I'd assume kidnapping would yield a bigger sentence. All is moo. IANAL.
Edit: grammar

Last edited:

I believe the "kidnapping charge" was LE covering all basis on the first day of the investigation. Remember, it was the school that contacted LE about M's three-week absence...

On Dec 15, a police officer was present when DC met with school officials. This was the first time school and LE learned M had been missing from family for three-long-weeks... And, parents claimed no knowledge of how M disappeared. She was just gone from her room, and each parent asked if the other parent had hidden M.

The next day, Dec 16, the warrants were served and LE entered the home for first time and the investigation began. On Dec 16, LE was unaware what they were dealing with and needed to be prepared for anything. They noted a probable cause of kidnapping on warrant to cover any possible eventuality.

Now, I am wondering if felony kidnapping could be tacked onto DC's and CP's future charges. But, that is just a guess as I'm not at all familiar with NC law.
my opinion only.

Last edited:
Is it possible that the mother had freedoms (phone, internet) that were gradually or recently cut off)?
There is an interview with his grandpa back in Moldavia. It states "He admits, however, that Diana's husband was against her communicating with her relatives in Moldova, and most of the time they talked when the man was not around."

MOO: This combined with the 30-year age gap, marrying on first IRL visit and neighbours saying how they rarely saw the mum, this paints a certain picture if you're familiar with domestic abuse victims.
This is not to say she might not have been in on whatever happened to the girl. But I can easily see how she could have not gone to the cops if she's not involved, too. Either due to fear or due to brainwashing.

There is an interview with his grandpa back in Moldavia. It states "He admits, however, that Diana's husband was against her communicating with her relatives in Moldova, and most of the time they talked when the man was not around."

MOO: This combined with the 30-year age gap, marrying on first IRL visit and neighbours saying how they rarely saw the mum, this paints a certain picture if you're familiar with domestic abuse victims.
This is not to say she might not have been in on whatever happened to the girl. But I can easily see how she could have not gone to the cops if she's not involved, too. Either due to fear or due to brainwashing.
What is preventing DC from telling truth to cops now?

If you use an "old phone" with a prepaid sim in it, meaning a phone you previously used normally it can be connected to you. Phones have individual identification codes that are communicated to the network anytime they're used. That info isn't public but the network providers have it and it can be subpoenaed.

It's a lot easier and faster to just physically seize phones that are in the possession of suspects and that obviously also links them to the phones even if they were brand new prepaid phones bought with cash from a store without security cameras. If they had even been carried around all the time in close proximity to one another, even that is enough to link them.

It's incredible how technologically useful cell phone data is to criminal investigation - but I imagine what investigators are looking for in them at this point is the modern equivalent of a shoebox full of incriminating letters and polaroids.

Neither fear nor brainwashing magically go away at an arrest, so the reasons would be the same.
I doubt DC is innocent and prefers to remain in jail due to being brainwashed. It is more likely DC won't talk because she is complicit in disappearing M and the next step is discovering M's remains.
my opinion only.

Last edited:
I doubt DC is innocent and prefers to remain in jail due to being brainwashed. It is more likely DC won't talk because she is complicit in disappearing M and the next step is discovering M's remains.
my opinion only.
I never said I believe DC is innocent, either. I just said that I could see her not contacting the cops in a timly manner even if she were innocent, if she is a domestic abuse victim, which seems very likely to me when looking at the facts.

Once again, while I don't believe DC is innocent (nor that DC is guilty) for now, just due to lack of information, the fact that she is in jail and not giving up all facts is not a proof of her guilt. Just one link here: https://assets.speakcdn.com/assets/2497/who_is_doing_what_to_whom.pdf

bbm

Pics or it didn't happen!

A poster up thread noticed that CP graduated from Grand Ledge High School.
LOL
Grand Ledge not that far from me so was thinking he went there

The employment in Holland though-- I think it was timed at 24 hours to drive there and if he was home within 48 hours of leaving, he would have had to have gone to Holland as Grand Ledge would be another hour and half- 2 hours away.

The news only said he was back home within 48 hours so IDK.

I guess would be worth a venture-- Grand Ledge about half hour away, Holland is few hours away --would be a nice weekend getaway LOL

For sure not legal but I did notice that in their area they don’t do bulk pick ups. If they didn’t have a truck and only that small car taking an old couch to the dumps would cost them paying someone to pick it up. So maybe they figured they would burn it? Just my thoughts.
That makes sene for sure. But do you bother with disposing of your couch while your little girl is missing? I'd definitely put that task on the back burner if that was the case.

I never said I believe DC is innocent, either. I just said that I could see her not contacting the cops in a timly manner even if she were innocent, if she is a domestic abuse victim, which seems very likely to me when looking at the facts.

Once again, while I don't believe DC is innocent (nor that DC is guilty) for now, just due to lack of information, the fact that she is in jail and not giving up all facts is not a proof of her guilt. Just one link here: https://assets.speakcdn.com/assets/2497/who_is_doing_what_to_whom.pdf
I know that it happens that way. <modsnip - no source links to verify information posted as fact>

But I don't really see that so much in her behaviour patterns. She seemed to be able to come and go, and call her family in Serbia, and had her own phone, and could go to their school and talk to police officers, etc. She didnt seem to be locked down and isolated like many DV victims are.

But maybe he was really good at hiding it and knew she was scared enough to keep her mouth shut, even if she had a car and a phone and the freedom to be out and about alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
In the video at this link (not in the text), we learn that the deputy encountered DC on a pull off at night. The fact that it was nighttime and she was right off the highway *near (not *on Lonesome Mountain Rd.)…it makes more sense to me why the deputy stopped to check on the driver.

these are possibilities in my mind and could be a mixture of more than one scenario, (and are my own thoughts):

1- murdered, abused, physically or sexually by parents
2- one part of the charges refers to “kidnap”
3- weird reference to “nothing wrong with violence“ trying to normalize violence. Did it go too far? still murder though
4- hidden because of DC’s fears
5- possible sex trade involvement
6- sold for any other purpose
7- possibly in her bio fathers care
8- strange religious beliefs, almost cult like, possibly handed over for a ritual
9- someone impregnated her and covering up. Her slim frame would certainly show quickly. Not sure she is even old enough to conceive.
10- accidental death they were afraid to report and covered up
11- natural causes that they have tried to cover up (neglect). As in did not seek proper medical help. I’m doubtful on this one. But had to put it out there. Madalina appeared relatively healthy on the bus video.
{{ I do know of someone, who’s child died of a seizure during the night. Same age and gender and appeared healthy. In this case the parents knew she was epileptic and had their girl on meds seeing a doctor regularly. Mom is a RN. No one could have predicted or prevented this child’s death. And of course they reported the death immediately }}.

Anyone have any other thoughts or potential scenarios ???

I wonder if the deputy check happened on 11/22. The current flyer looking for info about DC and her car in Madison County begins on 11/22, not 11/21, which is M’s last seen in public date. LE obviously knows the date of the stop…why not narrow it down for the public? M was not in school that day. If DC called her out sick and was in Madison County that night, it sure is suggestive, imo, and she is caught in an lie about seeing M in her room the night of 11/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member