ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's indeed a very important analysis. We've created a picture of a SK in our minds - someone attractive and intelligent who is also very charming - and for many reasons we took it as a reality for every single SK or murderer we come across.

I follow a very well known Forensic Physchiatrist here in Brazil and he always states that SK have "levels"of intelligence just like anybody else. Of course we have to consider he's a PhD student but let's be real we see people getting into programs but struggling to get out. Also knowing about a subject will not exclude errors - if you think about that moment he's living with all the adrenaline flushing through him sometimes we can't think we just act its not even an emotional thing it's simply fight or flight.

I think we still know so little about BK. How was he like back in school? How was he like when he got frustrated? Was he ever mean or abusive towards someone? Did he had any fetishes that he searched online? What made him follow the path of Criminology?

The TapATalk messages are actually helpful here. He describes himself as "mean" to his family and says at one point he was "violent" and "unjustified" in his treatment of his well-meaning father. He says everyone hates him and he has no friends, as he is irritable and obnoxious. He says he's basically the worst "advertiser censored"-hole. He says he looks at his family and feels nothing. That they look like "bags of meat" (or sacks of meat, can't remember exactly). He has no feelings towards himself and thinks there's something profoundly wrong with his brain.

There are several youtubes you can find that have scrolling visuals of most of these posts, as obviously, they are striking.

While he says he has no feelings, my interpretation is that irritability is a feeling, aggressive obnoxiousness involves feelings, and cold disdain toward others is, in fact, a feeling (part of the limbic system). I think he was taught that "feelings" must encompass such things as love, joy or happiness (which he does not feel).

At any rate, there's a lot to be known about BK if one chooses to look into his copious past writings (including Pappa Rodger and InsideLooking and Criminology_Student, all of which have been mentioned in MSM and the contents of which can be found multiple places around the web).

I mean BK does ask if anyone else was arrested. This seems to be glazed over just cuz LE said only 1 suspect. We know LE lies about facts. They said 3-4am for the longest knowing it was much later by X's TikTok and Doordash which they prolly have Nov13th -14th moo
BK also allegedly reassured Xana that he was going to help her (MOO). I see him as lacking credibility and believe that he would say anything he thought would deflect the focus from him. I find LE’s conclusion that he acted alone the most believable possibility. MOO.

Is BCK's Knowledge Instrumental in Drafting Discovery Requests? IDTS.
.... seems to already have the knowledge regarding what to request (I mean dude wants to know what regents and solvents were used in the testing to show the DNA results are questionable at best, wrong at the worst)....
snippedfor focus. @Beth11311
Speaking generally here about a defendant's Discovery requests and not discovery requests in this case, as I have not read them. There's a lot of BOILERPLATE involved in both civil & criminal Discovery.

If Def's requests included extensive technical info, like testing procedures, reagents and solvents used, etc, I do not attribute requesting that level of detail as originating w BCK's personal or academic knowledge.

Why not?
Anne Taylor who has substantial crim. trial experience is his PD.* Undoubtedly as Chief PD of Kootenai County, she & her office have access to countless, standardized forms as a starting point for making such detailed discovery requests.
And have edited or modified them for Idaho & local usage as appropriate. NOT her first rodeo.

If the accused in this quadruple stabbing murder case was a nearly illiterate middle school dropout w no criminology training, instead of BCK w his bachelors & masters degrees, imo the discovery requests re blood testing, DNA, etc. would be the same as Taylor made here for BCK.
IOW, I doubt if BCK is personally adding any expertise to the Discovery requests. imo jmo moo

As always, welcoming clarification or correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.
* Anne Taylor, the Chief PD in Coeur d'Alene in Kootenai County, was selected from the "Capital Counsel Roster" of attys approved by the st. Public Defense Commission eligible to represent INDIGENT defendants in CAPITAL cases. The roster shows Taylor as qualified as "lead trial'” (she’s one of only 13 on the statewide roster).
IIUC, for death penalty cases, ID requires a second atty as “co-counsel” from 23 on the list qualified as Co-Counsel.
“Capital Counsel Roster” Dec. 15, 2022

You can get burner smart phones in my experience. You would just need to set it up with a different Google account

True, but an expensive proposition. I don't think BK has ever held an income producing job (indeed, that security job at the high school may have been an unpaid internship according to some sources, I don't know for sure).

You would need to set it up with a different email (doesn't have to be Google), a different way of paying, a different address, etc. It needs to have cell service to function. That means a data plan. The topping off process involves an online payment of some kind, all traceable.

When cell tower pings are pulled and a number comes up that is not immediately verifiable by a carrier as registered to a known human with a known address, that sets up Big Red Flags in the LE community. And they can find out precisely where that phone was purchased and how it was paid for. You cannot pay cash each month for a data plan, without which, a smart phone is not very smart. However, it would be possible (I suppose) to go into some convenience store (a physical location, likely with copious cameras) and pay cash for a phone credit card to top off the smart phone. It would still be traceable to cell towers and, now, by GPS. He'd still have to turn it off to be undetected. It would still lead right back to his apartment door if he ever took it out and used it and then took it home to charge it, etc.

Burner phones work best when cash is paid, no data is needed, and the phone itself will be crushed and thrown into a bin far from home, or tossed into a body of water. Experienced criminals know this. Even better, get a fake ID and steal a credit card and the phone (someone actually stole my credit card number and did exactly this). In my case, the phone was delivered to a certain address in another state and the data charges appeared on my credit card account (and were refunded to me by my bank and of course the card was cancelled).

The person who did it was never prosecuted. Those phones initially had my name on them, but someone else's address. The use of my name as the payee on those phones lasted about 10 days.

I'm sorry to keep harping on BK's survey, but it has been driving me nuts. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of these dates, but it looks like he graduated from DeSales in May. That seems normal timing for a college commencement. It was trickier to find the survey date since it's been removed. Screen shots of the survey, shown in articles dated December 30, showed the survey was posted 212 days before December 30th, which is around June 1 - AFTER he graduated. And well before his graduate studies began. I know there was a link for the survey that led to DeSales, so I can be convinced that he really did create the survey earlier than June for his class project, but apparently he didn't have enough data to use it. The creepy issue is that he was still looking for responses to his failed survey after he graduated. He must have wanted that data for personal reasons, IYKWIM.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

It always concerns me when we take something mentioned in passing as fact and it evolves to become a given fact. I realize that a distant family member claimed that BK was a vegan a number of years ago but I don't believe that there has been any documented verification that he is still vegan or that it was anything more than a passing phase.

Here is just one way of knowing:

While it's possible that he's NOT a vegan, he's going to GET vegan food as an accommodation specially made by the jail and announced by LE. Here is a quote:

//
The Idaho jail holding accused college student killer Bryan Kohberger will attempt to accommodate his vegan diet, but won’t buy any new kitchen equipment to cook his prison meals, according to a report.

Latah County Sheriff Richard Skiles told NewsNation Latah County Jail staff is trying to satisfy the quadruple homicide suspect’s dietary needs, “but we are not going to buy new pots and pans or anything like that.”//

<modsnip> This story about his vegan accommodations in the Latah County Jail is available in other MSM than just my link. Specifically, by the words of the Sheriff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to keep harping on BK's survey, but it has been driving me nuts. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of these dates, but it looks like he graduated from DeSales in May. That seems normal timing for a college commencement. It was trickier to find the survey date since it's been removed. Screen shots of the survey, shown in articles dated December 30, showed the survey was posted 212 days before December 30th, which is around June 1 - AFTER he graduated. And well before his graduate studies began. I know there was a link for the survey that led to DeSales, so I can be convinced that he really did create the survey earlier than June for his class project, but apparently he didn't have enough data to use it. The creepy issue is that he was still looking for responses to his failed survey after he graduated. He must have wanted that data for personal reasons, IYKWIM.
Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your question about specific dates, although he graduated from DeSales in May / June of 2022 (so, right before he began his PhD studies at WSU. Did he really post his survey to Reddit AFTER graduating? If so, that is really strange and surprising to me).

I'll respond anyway to add some additional details about the original purpose of the survey and its role in his MA thesis at DeSales. BK's professor from DeSales who was interviewed by Daily Mail said that he intended to use the data from the survey for his MA thesis. However, because he didn't have enough data / responses, his thesis was a "narrative" style document. Her wording was "you won't see the data from that survey anywhere [presumably, in something BK wrote]." So, you're right that he did create the survey for his thesis at DeSales, but did not have enough data to use it.

Idk.
Maybe for a while at the beginning of his sentence ?
He may asked to be housed in gen. pop. if he find solitary too lonely ?
Solitary confinement is isolation without human contact for 22-23 hours per day. That's not going to produce "loneliness"; solitary can have devastating psychological and emotional consequences.
Isolation can be psychologically harmful to any prisoner, with the nature and severity of the impact depending on the individual, the duration, and particular conditions (e.g., access to natural light, books, or radio). Psychological effects can include anxiety, depression, anger, cognitive disturbances, perceptual distortions, obsessive thoughts, paranoia, and psychosis--Jeffrey Metzner and Jamie Fellner, --"Solitary Confinement and Mental Illness in U.S. Prisons: A Challengefor Medical Ethics"

I mean BK does ask if anyone else was arrested. This seems to be glazed over just cuz LE said only 1 suspect. We know LE lies about facts. They said 3-4am for the longest knowing it was much later by X's TikTok and Doordash which they prolly have Nov13th -14th moo
If someone else was involved the public would be in danger - that is a lot different than people needing to know if these crimes happened exactly at 4:14AM rather than just a general range. LE is not obligated to share every fact but they do have to protect public safety. IMO they would not say they believe he acted alone if they had any inkling someone else was involved

With regards to BK cell phone and location,just as a point to consider: Angle of Arrival measurements or AoA, which with enough towers can get the location within one kilometer. More updated networks have the ability to use trilateration which, if supported, gives away the phone's GPS coordinates and that's accurate down to where you might be within that place of interest, yards or feet depending upon the signal.

I know this is going to get me some heat but...I don't quite understand the snarky stance that BK was an idiot. Sure, he got caught. But, if he is guilty, he also committed a crime that the majority of society wouldn't even contemplate, did evade capture for quite awhile, and, given his education background, if guilty of the crimes, is probably basking in the notoriety.

Not backing the guy; given what's shown, I certainly believe him to be the guy. But I don't quite understand the dismissive attitude considering his intelligence surrounding his alleged actions.
I mean, I'm following the Ana Walshe case, and her husband literally searched for "how to dispose of a 115-pound woman's body" and went to Home Depot for the murder pack (bleach, mops, buckets, tarps) after she disappeared. BK is more book smart than street smart, but after reading about Walshe's husband, while BK might not be a criminal mastermind, he's not a blithering idiot.

I know this is going to get me some heat but...I don't quite understand the snarky stance that BK was an idiot. Sure, he got caught. But, if he is guilty, he also committed a crime that the majority of society wouldn't even contemplate, did evade capture for quite awhile, and, given his education background, if guilty of the crimes, is probably basking in the notoriety.

Not backing the guy; given what's shown, I certainly believe him to be the guy. But I don't quite understand the dismissive attitude considering his intelligence surrounding his alleged actions.
That may be the pendulum swinging away from seeing him as a "genius" (based on what some source said about his academics) and meticulously planning mastermind who seemingly got away with the killing for 6 weeks and swinging toward the "idiot" idea. In my view, both views miss the mark. BK can be book smart. He may have fantasized about the killings and "imagined" what to do and how to do it. But murder in one sense is not unlike other activities; the first time a killer tries it, he's likely to make a lot of mistakes. So while BK is probably not a genius and he didn't get away with anything, the stupid things he did that got him caught seem to me to be pretty predictable for a bloody, quick, mass murder committed by an arrogant, inexperienced killer.

In my opinion he was making sure his father was ok and hadn’t been arrested.

View attachment 395730

What was BK doing over on the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive at 3:26 a.m? It looks like a residential neighborhood.

Checking out another residence he had been casing and other residents he had been stalking, trying to decide which household would be easier for him to enter in the middle of the night to attack people he had been "studying" while they were asleep and unawares/unable to defend themselves from a knife wielding criminal bent on murder. JMOO

Excellent point. His data gathering (or attempt to) post-MA is extremely interesting to me. When I first heard about, I wondered what he wanted data for if not his degree program or something he hoped to continue researching at WSU.

I hope we find out.

Creating a random data set that does not seem to vet whether responses are from the type of participants one is targeting (criminal background) must have some purpose, nefarious or not.

The continued use of his DeSales email as contact was something else I thought odd since his studies there were completed.

I wonder what his TA and academic status was at the end of the fall semester. Is he spending time in the library at the jail where he is housed now? What is he reading? What does he do all day?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member