IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kansas City -- Richards Gebaur AFB, decommissioned @1994, still Reserves stationed there

Richards-Gebaur Air Force Base (historical) (in Cass County, MO)

Wichita, KS -- McConnell AFB

Vern, does the person you found seem to have any connection to Richards-Gebaur?

If they divorced in Missouri, he likely wasn't using the Harrod surname. No record at Missouri CaseNet. Could have been too early, or too long ago.

Belton MO seems to be in Cass County. Anyone local, willing to go to the Courthouse to check 1985 divorces?

Off to look on-line for an index....

For the FaceBook literate:

Maybe share "Mr. Harrod's" picture here?

Richards-Gebaur Air Reserve Station - Kansas City, Missouri - Landmark & Historical Place, Neighborhood | Facebook
Just reposting as a reminder
Did we consider this guy? Ys, he probably fell off the barge into the water but hey he has a mustache:

Barry James SHeridan The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I don't think we did, but IMO he doesn't look like fake PRH. Interesting his last name though :)

Still wonder about this guy as well:

A phone conversation with the Squadron Commanding Officer indicated that David had "stolen" Sue's purse. But another phone conversation with Sue indicated that she had simply left it in the car. The letter from the Squadron First Sergeant stated that "A search of David's room in the squadron dormitory did not reveal anything of consequence." Yet the commanding officer in a phone conversation stated that some books on money making and How to Change Your Identity had been found in the room.

Old habits die hard, after all.

Average height man, dark hair, Air Force, berift young mother, left with car....

(Wish MWHH was more help, of course.)
Excuse my ignorance, but what is MWHH?

In my opinion, the connection to the deceased is the most interesting. There were not that many ways to find those records at that time. It was pre-internet. I had the thought the other day that around that time I was starting genealogy research. You could get information at the local library or order microfiche from LDS. I can’t think of a lot of other ways those records would be available to steal.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is MWHH?

In my opinion, the connection to the deceased is the most interesting. There were not that many ways to find those records at that time. It was pre-internet. I had the thought the other day that around that time I was starting genealogy research. You could get information at the local library or order microfiche from LDS. I can’t think of a lot of other ways those records would be available to steal.

Used initials for the bride that Not-Paul left behind in Indiana.

You're right about the records, so I expect that Not-Paul lived in the area where this happened, and the area of the high school he mentioned, OR he knew people that did live there.

Like others in an Air Force barracks, forming friendships in a new place....

Used initials for the bride that Not-Paul left behind in Indiana.

You're right about the records, so I expect that Not-Paul lived in the area where this happened, and the area of the high school he mentioned, OR he knew people that did live there.

Like others in an Air Force barracks, forming friendships in a new place....
lol duh...The two H's threw me off. Thank you!!

Still wonder about this guy as well:

A phone conversation with the Squadron Commanding Officer indicated that David had "stolen" Sue's purse. But another phone conversation with Sue indicated that she had simply left it in the car. The letter from the Squadron First Sergeant stated that "A search of David's room in the squadron dormitory did not reveal anything of consequence." Yet the commanding officer in a phone conversation stated that some books on money making and How to Change Your Identity had been found in the room.

Old habits die hard, after all.

Average height man, dark hair, Air Force, berift young mother, left with car....
Includes photo

The detective on this case mentioned in an earlier post that fake PRH told his wife M. in Sheridan that he divorced a Diane Rae (unknown last name for sure) in the Kansas or Missouri area in 1985. And he married M. in Sheridan, Indiana (photos in earlier post) in 1992. This marriage is confirmed. After he left her at Thanksgiving of 1992, two years later his car was sold in Denver, Colorado. So I don't know how all these marriage dates jive with the Luis Groning info. At one point we thought we saw a photo of him on a couch with Diane Rae on her Fbk which would seem to confirm at least that part of the story.

Being that fake PRH's car was sold in Denver in 1994 (if it was indeed him who brought it there), that would jive with what you came up with that Groning resided in Miami from 1994 on.

Does the naturalized in Cuba part mean that Luis Groning resided there with his family for a few years?

The Diane Rae account where the couch photo was posted no longer exists unfortunately. It certainly resembled him though. Photo seemed to be late-70s early 80s based upon decor and clothing. No more more recent photos of him were within her account. The woman's facebook account was simply "Diane Rae", so I suspect the "Rae" was indeed her last (maiden??) name.

Given that Fake-Paul gave the "Diane Rae" name to the woman he later married, and on the marriage license application states that he was divorced with 1 previous marriage with a divorce date of "Nov 1985", perhaps some digging into that angle might help.

Is there any way to dig into divorce records for a "Diane Rae" circa 1985ish? Perhaps, if her name is correct and the date too, he may have been utilizing his "real" name (or another alias) when he married Diane --- a name which should, I take it, be detailed in the divorce record.

The Diane Rae account where the couch photo was posted no longer exists unfortunately. It certainly resembled him though. Photo seemed to be late-70s early 80s based upon decor and clothing. No more more recent photos of him were within her account. The woman's facebook account was simply "Diane Rae", so I suspect the "Rae" was indeed her last (maiden??) name.

Given that Fake-Paul gave the "Diane Rae" name to the woman he later married, and on the marriage license application states that he was divorced with 1 previous marriage with a divorce date of "Nov 1985", perhaps some digging into that angle might help.

Is there any way to dig into divorce records for a "Diane Rae" circa 1985ish? Perhaps, if her name is correct and the date too, he may have been utilizing his "real" name (or another alias) when he married Diane --- a name which should, I take it, be detailed in the divorce record.
I think that would be a very worthwhile avenue to pursue! I do recall looking at that photo and it certainly did resemble fake PRH. I sure wish one of us had copied and kept it! Oh well. I researched a bit and it seems that some states do not easily give out divorce, marriage records. I forget where Diane Rae's fb page was from? Hopefully, one of you Americans can somehow look into this :)

I think that would be a very worthwhile avenue to pursue! I do recall looking at that photo and it certainly did resemble fake PRH. I sure wish one of us had copied and kept it! Oh well. I researched a bit and it seems that some states do not easily give out divorce, marriage records. I forget where Diane Rae's fb page was from? Hopefully, one of you Americans can somehow look into this :)
Also, interesting that she deleted her fb account.

I’ve been looking for two days. Divorce records are a lot harder to find than marriage records. I’m chasing down the groom for every Diana Rae (Diane, Deane, Deanna, Ray, etc) in MO & KS. Searching the groom until I find a photo. So far all have been easily ruled out.

Hey, just was checking on google for info. re. Luis Groning, and surprised to find this 'new' mugshot of him on there!!! Whoa, he sure looks rough! At any rate, it gives more comparisons between him and fake PRH. IF it is the fake PRH, what a lifetime of difference between the wedding photos and these photos! (I know we all age, but damn! ) P.S. Could someone do a side-by-side of these mugshots, the previous mugshot, and the marriage photos of fake PRH so we can compare properly? Thanks if so! Wow, does anyone else notice a possible scar on his forehead (re. former wife mentioning he had one). Fascinating! Syracuse t-shirt! Mugshot dated to Jan.14/23 Dade County.

Attachments

• igKuDYoYNXPGbOUcSRW9.jpg
    igKuDYoYNXPGbOUcSRW9.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors