ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browneyes posted what she’d be pondering about until the hearing in June and one of them was WHY THAT NIGHT? Or something to that effecct. Sorry brown eyes if I’m getting it wrong….

BUT, i started thinking about several of your thoughts and that one hit me like a bolt of lightning after it meshed with you pointing out the cars in the front. Kaylee’s Range Rover. It was her last night there! She was was moving to Austin!!!

y’all may all be going duh! But this is the first time i thought of this, and i feel so silly for not thinking of it sooner. It was his last chance to eliminate her. I hate typing that :(
But that night in his mind he thought now or never, so he literally went Rambo. It WASN’T well planned. She was graduating early!! THAT caught him off guard!!
JMO.
I am starting to think that is was Kaylee that was the target. Maybe they did have some interaction in the past, maybe when she broke up with her boyfriend she spoke to others guys, maybe he was one, maybe she ghosted him or just rejected him. Then he became obsessed with her. Found out she was leaving and he flipped.
Went to stop her from leaving, and M, X and E were collateral.

MOO

He would have received his admission information in the spring, along with financial package, and date of orientation in late summer. Since we know from the hairdresser that he had an appointment on July 8th, and that his father drove to Moscow with him and helped him move in, then he likely arrived in June or early July. JMO.
This pretty comprehensive USA Today timeline has him starting at WSU in July.

July 2022

Kohberger begins doctoral studies in criminal justice at Washington State University's campus in Pullman, Washington.

JMO.
I am starting to think that is was Kaylee that was the target. Maybe they did have some interaction in the past, maybe when she broke up with her boyfriend she spoke to others guys, maybe he was one, maybe she ghosted him or just rejected him. Then he became obsessed with her. Found out she was leaving and he flipped.
Went to stop her from leaving, and M, X and E were collateral.

MOO
Might be.

Or the house was the target if he was obsessed with the idea of a "perfect murder". Sigh.

I have never seen more "attack vulnerable" building.
Wooded area, sliding doors, no curtains - so easy to peep from the above car park.

Oh, and add no cameras, no alarm, young girls living there.

Seriously, I would be terrified to spend a night there.

JMO

July 2022

Kohberger begins doctoral studies in criminal justice at Washington State University's campus in Pullman, Washington.

And it appears he wasted little time in beginning to stalk his victims. How creepy

One thing about the Elantra being caught by cctv going at a great rate of speed toward the house at 3:45 am: IF this was in fact BK, why was he risking being pulled over? Or is that only my particular paranoia…..
One thing I've learned by having relatives in Poconos PA area, in that neck of the woods they drive everywhere fast! Could just be his learned rate of speed transferred over to Moscow, ID, which seems very rural also?

We might never know.

It may be that even he doesn't know the answer.

Can people really understand their own urges and compulsions? - without therapies I mean.

And even if he knows, I don't think he will ever tell his secret.

Whatever the reason, if guilty, he must take responsibility.
JMO
BBM, this resonates strongly with my own thoughts. Often I circle and come back to the complexity behind human motivation; how the human desire to know, categorise and explain can sometimes be a hindrance to fuller understanding of ourselves and others, IMO.

I feel that we take a step in development any time we take responsibility for our actions. If guilty I hope BK does. Some people, IMO, aren't capable, deny or refuse. I hope he is capable. MOO

We might never know.

It may be that even he doesn't know the answer.

Can people really understand their own urges and compulsions? - without therapies I mean.

And even if he knows, I don't think he will ever tell his secret.

Whatever the reason, if guilty, he must take responsibility.
JMO
True, we might never know. And of course BK must take responsibility if guilty, well he should anyway, I don't think anybody can force him to feel the responsibility.

But respectfully, imo you missed the point of what I wrote, there was this theory spoken about after the Dunblane Massacre and in that area that such perps decide to take their victims with them into the next world. MOO IMO

A bit O/T, but it was the Mickey Shunick case that finally got me to join WS, after lurking for a few years. She put up a helluva fight for her life, almost killing BSL in the process, and helped to solve her own case in doing so. My hope is that at least one of these four souls managed to get BK's DNA under their nails, while fighting back, or attempting to protect themself, or in some other way left evidence behind that will clearly place him at the scene of the murders, and will strengthen the case against this monster, assuring he will never be free to harm another innocent person. JMO

I hope so too and while I can't speak of the other case, the knife in this case isn't intended to give victims much time or opportunity for defence.

BTW, the car speeding away tells me that BK knew someone else was in the house and was afraid that the police had already been called. Otherwise, why risk suspicion for speeding. The other argument for him speeding would be that the knew that video would be blurry at night of a car moving fast.
MOO at 3:45 he would be speeding to or around.
Fueling his aggression and enjoying fast reflexes.

Some have suggested he planted listening devices in the house--he would have had ample opportunity during any of their parties--but MOO, the type of bug required to transmit audio to a receiver in a nearby car, are pricey.
I may have missed it, but I haven't seen this suggestion by some (planting bugs) and we now know that there is no indication by the roommates and the victims' families, that he had acquaintance with any of them or was at any of their parties. MOO But a lot of early speculation/ideas no longer fit with what is now known about the murders.

I hope so too and while I can't speak of the other case, the knife in this case isn't intended to give victims much time or opportunity for defence.
I agree. I don’t anticipate that any of the victims had much of a chance for hand to hand combat with him. I also noted that all three young lady victims appear small in stature and he appears tall and lanky with a long arm reach over theirs. The element of surprise was obviously also in his favor unfortunately, and the fact that some of them were sleeping.

July 2022

This part stands out to me:
"On the third floor, the suspect checks Goncalves' bedroom and wakes her dog. The suspect then proceeds Mogen's bedroom, killing Mogen and Goncalves."

If true, it assumes that
* KG might have been (one of the) target(s) - unless he initally planned to kill everyone from top to bottom
* He knew KG was home
* But he did not know, which bedroom she was at that night
* But he did know, that she might sleep in Ms room

If true - this kinda makes me feel more like his initial plan was to kill everyone (while he still might have had primary target(s), because it's hard for me to imagine a lot of scenarios where the conditions in that list would be filled.

One thing I've learned by having relatives in Poconos PA area, in that neck of the woods they drive everywhere fast! Could just be his learned rate of speed transferred over to Moscow, ID, which seems very rural also?
Could be, considering he'd been ticketed for a seat belt violation, which isn't normally something you'd get pulled over for (aside from being difficult to see, it usually gets noticed when you've been pulled over for something else).

This part stands out to me:
"On the third floor, the suspect checks Goncalves' bedroom and wakes her dog. The suspect then proceeds Mogen's bedroom, killing Mogen and Goncalves."

If true, it assumes that
* KG might have been (one of the) target(s) - unless he initally planned to kill everyone from top to bottom
* He knew KG was home
* But he did not know, which bedroom she was at that night
* But he did know, that she might sleep in Ms room

If true - this kinda makes me feel more like his initial plan was to kill everyone (while he still might have had primary target(s), because it's hard for me to imagine a lot of scenarios where the conditions in that list would be filled.
RBBM
I agree. I don't think anyone truly died by happenstance. And DM would have been a victim if he had noticed her.

MOOing

Could be, considering he'd been ticketed for a seat belt violation, which isn't normally something you'd get pulled over for (aside from being difficult to see, it usually gets noticed when you've been pulled over for something else).

Speeding? But not by much, so no ticket but $10 ticket on seatbelt violation.
Speeding/tailgating on way to Pa.

Jmo

I agree. I don’t anticipate that any of the victims had much of a chance for hand to hand combat with him. I also noted that all three young lady victims appear small in stature and he appears tall and lanky with a long arm reach over theirs. The element of surprise was obviously also in his favor unfortunately, and the fact that some of them were sleeping.

The women would have a much shorter reach than him and the knife extends his reach by quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998