ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see one time that he knew something that wasn't already posted by LE. They were also super adamant about using correct sources and using the Idaho Lafah county page for sources. Not him at all <modsnip - casting suspicion on another member>. Also, they said a few times they aren't BK and finally deleted the account when ppl started speculating they were. I looked at every single message they posted and thought it was funny people are so adamant IL is BK. IMO.
The sheath for one, the entrance/exit of perp, position of M and K. The sheath pretty much did it for me. IL and PR were the two that brought that up. I am sure we will find out at trial though. If he is attached to those accounts LE has his devices, they will find out and use it against him.

Last edited by a moderator:
and he shows up to class looking tired with a coffee

Bryan Kohberger became 'chattier' after murders, classmate said

nypost.com › 2023/01/02 › bryan-kohberger-became-chattier-after-murder...
Jan 2, 2023 · “I did notice he was showing up to class a little late sometimes, he always had a coffee in hand, he always seemed to be just perpetually ...

and he used to go running at night:

Bryan Kohberger's ex-friend tells of his terror at news of the arrest

www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-11588969 › Bryan-Kohbergers-ex-fr...
Dec 31, 2022 · Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger has been fitted with ANTI-SUICIDE vest inmates call a 'turtle suit', as ex-friend who went for seven mile ...

and he tosses out trash at 4 a.m. :

Bryan Kohberger tried to evade cops by putting trash in neighbors ...

nypost.com › 2023/01/06 › bryan-kohberger-tried-to-evade-cops-by-putti...
Jan 6, 2023 · Accused University of Idaho student slayer Bryan Kohberger tried to evade police by putting garbage from his parents' house into neighbors' ...

yes, all anecdotal and not from the same time periods but.... wonder if he was still awake when the SWAT team entered.
Sure, I've read alot of this, it's not proof to any sleeping patterns he did or didn't have on his cross country trip to PA with his father..MOO. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

Reactions: IDK
IMHO, pretty high. Most students live in some sort of shared housing, usually with same gender schoolmates and are lax about security. Very often they also party etc. It is quite hard to meet college students who don't meet these criteria, like maybe the geeks alone at home (no harm meant, that is me, too).

Edit: also, there's bias. Had he wanted to kill one of them, but had the victim been very hard to get, he likely would have either not implemented that plan or would have failed before the murder. Like, it works the other way round. We would not be talking about a murder case then.
True.. plenty of student housing around, but I do think there is something unique about this house in terms of location, vantage points, etc. And I do think there’s a high possibility that he found the house first.

17th Jan - anon source ( People) says LE found the direct connection, perp - victims, ( Insta DMs)
8th Jan - anon source (NYP) says LE have not found any direct connection between perp & victims ( link below)

(30th Dec onwards, folk start creating BK accounts on FB, twitter, Insta)

from old post on the MT, 8 Jan, thread 59

Nov 13th - date from which LE would've been able to file subpoenas for Insta ( for the victims' various SM accounts and private messages)
Jan 5th - Scenario - LE already have evidence of a direct connection between BK & victims ( Insta messages) but even though this is of huge probative value, they decide to exclude it from their PCA.
Thanks, so from a brief perusal, seems pretty likely LE have accessed Insta accounts and got anything they need. It would surprise me if they hadn't. I can't imagine insta not co-operating in any way they could. MOO.

17th Jan - anon source ( People) says LE found the direct connection, perp - victims, ( Insta DMs)
8th Jan - anon source (NYP) says LE have not found any direct connection between perp & victims ( link below)

(30th Dec onwards, folk start creating BK accounts on FB, twitter, Insta)

from old post on the MT, 8 Jan, thread 59

Nov 13th - date from which LE would've been able to file subpoenas for Insta ( for the victims' various SM accounts and private messages)
Jan 5th - Scenario - LE already have evidence of a direct connection between BK & victims ( Insta messages) but even though this is of huge probative value, they decide to exclude it from their PCA.
That delay in calling the police is mind-boggling IMO and is complicating this case. It gives the defense quite a talking point at trial (if it goes to trial which I think it will)

There has been heavy speculation that BK likely met MM at her place of work and became obsessed with her that way. Of course, anything is plausible as we don’t have all the facts. However, early on, cops said they weren’t sure if the target was the house or the people, and I think I’m beginning to understand that statement. It’s possible BK just started driving around the area of the university to scope out potential victims and came across the house. I fully believe he had a murderous plan brewing from before he left PA and started to put that plan in motion as soon as he was left to his own devices (not sure if any family members helped him move there). I stated before that he probably wanted to have distance but still proximity to commit his crimes, and Moscow would have been the area to do just that. Upon driving around, he discovers the house. In one of the very early threads, someone posted that the house looked like a jewel perched on a hill for the world to see. Then, during his many trips to Moscow before the murders he watched the house and it’s occupants and became obsessed. Maybe then started online sleuthing and finding out who the occupants were and maybe even going to their job.

I still think MM was the target after finding the house. He obviously watched the house, and MM’s room was easily identifiable by her cowboy boots and the letter M in the window. Based on my own analysis of the PCA with the times given, I believe he went to the third floor first and then encountered the occupants of the 2nd floor while making an exit resulting in him thinking he needed to kill them too. There was no murder scene in Kaylee’s room. He went directly to MM’s room. So, he either knew they both were in there or was targeting MM. Again, I have previously stated, I don’t suspect he knew KG was there because knowing that, he would know he would have to contend with a dog which would complicate his plan.

I mean.. what are the odds that he runs into MM (or any of the victims) decides to make her his victim, and then she also lives in a super accessible house full of girls? To me, seems more likely, he found the house, then the girl(s), solidifying his heinous plan.

MOO
Great post! It wasn't until LE made an arrest and I found out via the affidavit that BCK had cased the house 12 times before, that I finally understood LE's comment that the house could have been the target.

The location itself lends to multiple points of entry: first floor main door, second floor sliding glass door, and even third floor bedrooms entry if one wanted to scale up to the balcony.

There are also multiple points of escape in all directions with no obstructions. No tall fences or walls separating properties to climb over, no other homes or buildings blocking a person's exit. Lots of dark places to hide.

We also cannot forget the wooded area behind the house that would provide great cover for a Peeping Tom, or simply an immediate place to hide once leaving the house.

I just don't see him becoming obsessed with any of the home's occupants. Like you, I think he found the house first and then likely figured out who lived there and maybe followed them on social media.

I think he chose that house so that he could have a "one stop shopping" kind of experience. He knew the house was full of people living there. My guess is that he wanted to kill everyone inside.

I seem to remember a post here about BK's 1st attorney in PA after the arrest - and that he (allegedly) had to silence BK several times when he was eager to tell him "his version".

I wonder what it was all about.
And what is this version of BK.

Great post! It wasn't until LE made an arrest and I found out via the affidavit that BCK had cased the house 12 times before, that I finally understood LE's comment that the house could have been the target.

The location itself lends to multiple points of entry: first floor main door, second floor sliding glass door, and even third floor bedrooms entry if one wanted to scale up to the balcony.

There are also multiple points of escape in all directions with no obstructions. No tall fences or walls separating properties to climb over, no other homes or buildings blocking a person's exit. Lots of dark places to hide.

We also cannot forget the wooded area behind the house that would provide great cover for a Peeping Tom, or simply an immediate place to hide once leaving the house.

I just don't see him becoming obsessed with any of the home's occupants. Like you, I think he found the house first and then likely figured out who lived there and maybe followed them on social media.

I think he chose that house so that he could have a "one stop shopping" kind of experience. He knew the house was full of people living there. My guess is that he wanted to kill everyone inside.

Yes! In hindsight, the house is an easy target for the reasons you have mentioned. Another support for the "house is the target" theory is that there would be no direct link to BK making it more difficult for the cops to link him (obviously not really thinking of traffic cams, etc)

IMO, I’m going to add a caveat to that. The sheath says KABAR and so it’s safe to say that the knife that accompanies the sheath is a KABAR. Makes sense. But because that sheath was found in a very strategic location and out in the open makes me a tad suspicious. What killer would leave such an obvious clue? The forensic pathologist or medical examiner can ultimately match up wounds to help identify the knife to verify the weapon, but something tells me there might be another knife……….JMO.
You lost me in the end. If the ME can match up the wounds to determine the knife - ie length of wounds etc, what would be the point of potentially having secret second knife? Is that what you meant?

I can see too why LE suggested it. But post post arrest, the issue I have with him targeting the house first is that on the night he didn't take advantage of the trees and wooded area and walk there then wait for lights out. He drove around and entered Queen street four times, finally parking after a 3 pointer and a u turn at 4.04 to 4.06 (personal calculation based on PCA). One explanation is that he did plan to take better advantge of the houses secludedness from the rear, but blew plan on the night, owing to some sort of emotional melt down, and threw caution to the wind.MOO. But, yeah, I can see how the house offered other advantages, easily traversed doors, party rep, relaxed security, balcony, etc. And for all anyone knows at this point, he may have watched it from the tree line, or car late at night on previous occasions (per PCA and 12 previous occasions where phone pings off nearby cell tower). MOO

ETA perhaps I'm surmising that it began with the house then over time he became emotionally invested in the targets (post stalking both digital and actual) so that on the night he lost control and blew his initial plan of approach. Speculation MOO.

Last edited:
That delay in calling the police is mind-boggling IMO and is complicating this case. It gives the defense quite a talking point at trial (if it goes to trial which I think it will)
As mind boggling as it may be to some (myself not included), DM not calling 911 immediately after seeing BCK has nothing to do with the fact that the suspect murdered 4 people. It doesn't change the crime that he has been arrested for.

In my mind, the only reason the defense would even bring that incident up is if they were to build their entire case around DM somehow being an accomplice, which is absolutely ludicrous.

I think the defense will spend more time trying to poke holes in her eyewitness account. That would serve them better IMO.

I can see too why LE suggested it. But post post arrest, the issue I have with him targeting the house first is that on the night he didn't take advantage of the trees and wooded area and walk there then wait for lights out. He drove around and entered Queen street four times, finally parking after a 3 pointer and a u turn at 4.04 to 4.06 (personal calculation based on PCA). One explanation is that he did plan to take better advantge of the houses secludedness from the rear, but blew plan on the night, owing to some sort of emotional melt down, and threw caution to the wind.MOO. But, yeah, I can see how the house offered other advantages, easily traversed doors, party rep, relaxed security, balcony, etc. And for all anyone knows at this point, he may have watched it from the tree line, or car late at night on previous occasions (per PCA and 12 previous occasions where phone pings off nearby cell tower). MOO
I think all those erratic movements with his car were him getting up his nerve to finally commit the crime. "Should I do it, or should I not? Is tonight the night?"

And the other 12 times he had been there in the past? Same thing. Trying to get up the nerve. And, in his mind, I bet he thinks it was a total success. He killed people, and perhaps more than he had bargained for. Bonus! He finally got to experience for himself how it felt to take someone's life. We know from his Reddit survey that he was honestly interested in knowing that. <modsnip - name calling not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! In hindsight, the house is an easy target for the reasons you have mentioned. Another support for the "house is the target" theory is that there would be no direct link to BK making it more difficult for the cops to link him (obviously not really thinking of traffic cams, etc)
Exactly! IMO, it's highly unlikely he ever partied at the house, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't getting revenge on the girls for being snubbed. A know-it-all Ph.D. student such as himself is way too smart to even entertain the idea of going after a sorority girl (insert eye roll). That's what makes this the perfect crime. Well, almost.

Or"……….perhaps LE has the knife and are keeping it on the DL.JMO
"I think what we stated was, it was a fixed blade knife," Fry told Corbin. "And we've been looking for a fixed blade knife. Throughout this whole process, we're going to continue to look for a fixed-blade knife."

IMO, he very well did take advantage of that wooded area behind the house. From the PCA, it seems like cameras didn't capture where he parked. I think he parked on Queen Rd, where it curves right behind the house and is wooded on either side of the road. Then he walked through the woods to the kitchen sliding door. I'd be really curious if in any of his previous twelve visits, he parked in the same spot and watched them from those woods.

With the ultimate irony being, if this was his thinking pattern, that it was his car's presence in the area that lead to his identification and eventual arrest (per PCA).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member