ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points, especially about the cameras. It does make one wonder how much planning he truly did in that regard.

The PCA said the 4:04 move was an unsuccessful attempt at parking OR turning around. IMO, since he then went to the intersection of King/Queen and did the three point turn, I think he was attempting to turn around. Since we know X was awake that morning, my personal feeling is that the reason he went back and forth on the road (vs parking and sitting in the woods) was because he could only see her bedroom window from the front. So he went back and forth until her light was off, then parked back on Queen, maybe? Perhaps at some point he saw the lights were all off and he wasn't accounting for X still being up and on her phone. Just a thought.
Could be, entirely possible..the detail is really quite phenomenal IMO. I Feel like I'm too bogged down in it! My general idea for the moment is that he may have initially chosen the house based on features and what it offered in terms of stalking opportunities and opportunity to remain undetected in approach and get away, but by the time he committed the crime he had become invested in the residents (one or some) and blew out emotionally on the night. MOO which doesn't go without saying :)

You lost me in the end. If the ME can match up the wounds to determine the knife - ie length of wounds etc, what would be the point of potentially having secret second knife? Is that what you meant?
IMO, no. I think that the knife sheath being found out in the open and strategically located next to Maddie’s body makes for one very easy clue to the killer. Too easy. And the fact that BKs DNA being strategically located on the sheath snap in a precise little location is incredulous at best. If BK used that knife and sheath, perhaps to kill, his DNA would be all over it, along with blood. At best, the dna on the sheath shows that BK touched that sheath snap at one time and it could have been ten years ago. However, if BKs DNA is found on the victims body, mixed with their blood, all over the house than I would definitely think that he is the killer. Right now, I’m not so sure.

As far as I know BK has no HVAC experience at all. As I understand it he took high school vocational classes. Does anyone have any records of him ever working anywhere in the field?
I've only ever read he was a security guard at a school before going on to higher education.

IF BK saw the DD delivery person minutes before he attacked, did he not assume that some of the house occupants would be awake and maybe outside of their rooms? How did that not present a risk to him?
My opinion only. Although he may have seen the DD vehicle he may not have known it’s purpose and may have come at the tail end. i.e. did not see the driver deliver to the door. Maybe just saw someone driving away. Just an idea.

I can see too why LE suggested it. But post post arrest, the issue I have with him targeting the house first is that on the night he didn't take advantage of the trees and wooded area and walk there then wait for lights out. He drove around and entered Queen street four times, finally parking after a 3 pointer and a u turn at 4.04 to 4.06 (personal calculation based on PCA). One explanation is that he did plan to take better advantge of the houses secludedness from the rear, but blew plan on the night, owing to some sort of emotional melt down, and threw caution to the wind.MOO. But, yeah, I can see how the house offered other advantages, easily traversed doors, party rep, relaxed security, balcony, etc. And for all anyone knows at this point, he may have watched it from the tree line, or car late at night on previous occasions (per PCA and 12 previous occasions where phone pings off nearby cell tower). MOO

ETA perhaps I'm surmising that it began with the house then over time he became emotionally invested in the targets (post stalking both digital and actual) so that on the night he lost control and blew his initial plan of approach. Speculation MOO.
IMO, BK appears almost frantic getting to the house-very rushed or stressed.

IF BK saw the DD delivery person minutes before he attacked, did he not assume that some of the house occupants would be awake and maybe outside of their rooms? How did that not present a risk to him?
I think it's highly likely BK never even saw the DoorDash driver, the delivery was made at 4:00 and BK didn't even enter into the area until 4:04.

There is no proof that he did or didn't try but it takes time to wake up, interpret the situation, assemble a plan and react.

The think that is hard for people to understand the reality of this knife. I own one and it's over a foot long and incredibly lethal and while mine has never been used for fighting or self defence, I can't imagine anyone winning many battles with someone armed and fully prepared to use it.
since you own this knife, would it really be possible to walk around with it without the sheath and not risk cutting yourself? my really limited experience with sharp knives says that it would not be particularly safe to have it in hand, in a pocket or in a hoodie without slicing or jabbing yourself accidentally. I am curious about the murderer walzting out, knife in hand, no sheath... in the dark, in a mask, etc. Is there a towel missing? A towel or a bag in the car?

IMO, no. I think that the knife sheath being found out in the open and strategically located next to Maddie’s body makes for one very easy clue to the killer. Too easy. And the fact that BKs DNA being strategically located on the sheath snap in a precise little location is incredulous at best. If BK used that knife and sheath, perhaps to kill, his DNA would be all over it, along with blood. At best, the dna on the sheath shows that BK touched that sheath snap at one time and it could have been ten years ago. However, if BKs DNA is found on the victims body, mixed with their blood, all over the house than I would definitely think that he is the killer. Right now, I’m not so sure.
my guess given what is in the PC is that he handled it without gloves once before- open the snap. snaps have crevices that would be hard to clean. so he might have used gloves, cleaned the item, but the "snap DNA" would have been from earlier such as when he first got the knife, IMO.

"He needed a job, so I worked at a pizza shop at that time and they were hiring and I said, ‘Yeah, come on in and apply.’ And he did, and he got the job. So I worked with him for a little bit, but he was quiet, though."
At first glance I thought you were saying he had done some sort of HVAC work on a pizza restaurant. LOL

So the irony, what BK want to study, psychological mindset of criminals, maybe someone will do using him as a study contributor.
<snipped for focus>

Maybe that's what BK wanted. Maybe to be the subject of a well-known professor's research on serial/mass killers is what he sought.

Just a thought.

To follow up on my opinions: are they certain there wasn’t another person in the vehicle? Could have dropped bk off?

Maybe that's what BK wanted. Maybe to be the subject of a well-known professor's research on serial/mass killers is what he sought.

Just a thought.
At first blush that would seem to be unlikely, but who knows? You can't argue with a sick mind.

If they could log in to her account, they could look at her messages. IMO it would be the same as if she were logging in herself.

Edit - Oh wait I misread that. I meant Instagram log in credentials, not family cell phone or Icloud account credentials. I don't know if anyone would have had her Instagram log in, but if they did it would allow them to see private messages. MOO
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members