Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

But do we really know that she wrote that? Brian could have written it after he killed her. The handwriting is very distinctive - would be interesting to compare it to samples of hers.
yeah, good point.. I would love to know if it's her handwriting or not. This man is absolutely despicable. There are no lengths he won't go obviously.

I mean, as a defense lawyer with a client who has not pled guilty, there's not much she can say. This seems to be a standard statement. Or actual, a lot of times I hear lawyers talking about their client maintaining their innocence and expecting to be exonerated and so on, but she's not even saying that here. She's basically saying that she'll see if they can prove it, and already talking about a probable strategy to try to exclude things in court -- and honestly, unless she can exclude most of this from court somehow, I don't know how she's going to win the case if it goes to trial.

Is this a public defender? Did she speak to him before the hearing today?

I bet she was blindsided by all of this evidence and was probably thinking "holy *advertiser censored* this guy is so guilty" and plotting where to start drinking after the hearing was over.
I went to school with someone who was convicted of murdering his girlfriend while in university. Her car was found with about 500 mls of blood inside, but to this day her body has never been discovered.

Part of the defense argument was that she or someone else staged her death, or the blood was due to a botched initial suicide attempt. (The evidence refuted those claims.)

They didn’t really have a defense. They just suggested a few alternatives other than the boyfriend being responsible.

Will the court appoint someone to handle all of the properties that each of them owns, and someone to handle the personal belongings contained inside? Will the little ones ever receive theirs, my largest concern in this whole situation.

Interesting, she's a white-collar defense lawyer. Is she his lawyer from the fraud case?
Ha! And how does this guy plan to pay her exactly? By all accounts, he’s broke as a joke… one of the very first things he googled, in the middle of googling all the ways to dispose of a body, the prosecution stated he googled, “how long does a person have to be missing to inherit”. Does he actually think he stands to inherit a thing? Or perhaps, he is planning on his mommy footing the bills for his legal defense like last time (that’s a fact). ANA was the money maker, she just purchased $1M+ TH in DC… I’m willing to bet it is only her name on the deed… as matter of fact, I think I’m going to go look at the register of deeds in DC right now to confirm… Stay tuned, I will post a follow up and link to what I find…

This guy is so disgusting… how much you wanna bet he is going to try to get a plea deal? And honestly, I wonder if the prosecution would be inclined to work with the defense in some way being that it is more difficult (certainly not impossible though, as it does still happen!) to obtain a conviction without a body. Being that this crime is so atrocious though, I would imagine that if a “deal” is even entertained, it would still have to involve life imprisonment… Maybe they work out something where he’s not in supermax or something… definitely still no possibility of parole… BW definitely doesn’t have much to bargain with, I can only imagine that the only things the prosecution would go for would be slight compromises that might make his life imprisonment a bit less miserable… anything short of that would be criminal in my mind, and I’d rather take my chances with a jury convicting him a trial. God forbid the monster want privileges to see his children… Can any attorneys weigh in your thoughts?

Last edited:
Ha! And how does this guy plan to pay her exactly? By all accounts, he’s broke as a joke… one of the very first things he googled, in the middle of googling all the ways to dispose of a body, the prosecution stated he googled, “how long does a person have to be missing to inherit”. Does he actually think he stands to inherit a thing? Or perhaps, he is planning on his mommy footing the bills for his legal defense like last time (that’s a fact). ANA was the money maker, she just purchased $1M+ TH in DC… I’m willing to bet it is only her name on the deed… as matter of fact, I think I’m going to go look at the register of deeds in DC right now to confirm… Stay tuned, I will post a follow up and link to what I find…

This guy is so disgusting… how much you wanna bet he is going to try to get a plea deal? And honestly, I wonder if the prosecution would be inclined to work with them in some way being that it is more difficult (certainly not impossible though, as it does still happen!) to obtain a conviction without a body. Any attorneys care to weigh in?

My guess is the same person paying his fraud legal expenses : Mommy.

I apologize in advance if this is unrelated. I haven't been keeping up with this thread. But any possibility this is Ana?

Not related. It's a local woman. They're not releasing the name yet until next of kin are notified.

Interesting, she's a white-collar defense lawyer. Is she his lawyer from the fraud case?
Yes, although I don’t think she was the initial lawyer with the fraud case. I don’t know when exactly she was brought on board, but her name was on some of the affidavits that were provided for the various sentencing hearings that were held after the case about his stealing from his father’s estate and destroying the will, etc. was brought to court.
I believe she has been representing him in both cases (father’s will and estate case in probate court and art fraud case in federal court). Now she has a third case with him in the district court for murder.
I wonder if his mother has been paying, and will continue to pay, BW’s legal fees for this atty.

TRANSCRIPTION OF ARRAIGNMENT ON NEW CHARGE OF MURDER

18TH JANUARY.
Part 1.

Court Clerk - Mr. Walshe, on complaint 230318 you are charged on the 1st day of January, 2023, with assault to beat Ana Walshe with intent to murder that person. You're also charged with ?? of a body without lawful authority. Did wilfully dig up or remove human remains. Not guilty pleas will be entered.

DA - The defendant is now before the court charged with murder of his wife, Ana Walshe, as as well as ?? of a body. Ana was 39 yrs. old and mother of 3 children, 2, 4 and 6. Ana worked in Washington, DC., splitting her time weekdays, between DC during the week and staying in her house in Cohasset, where she lived with the defendant and their 3 kids.

On January 4th, 2023, Cohasset Police received a call from her Washington DC employer, indicating that she was missing. She was due to report to work on January 4th, but did not appear. She had a flight on January 3rd., from Logan to DC, which she did not board. Cohasset Police went to their house at Chief Justice, Cushing Hwy. for a well being check. It was only, at this time, when they met with the defendant that he first reported his wife missing. Defendant stated his wife left the house at approximately 6:00 a.m. on January 1st., New Year's Day. He stated she took an Uber or lift to go to the airport, that she was travelling to DC for work. Records were checked and there were no Uber or lifts to that house on January 1st. Defendant said he had not spoken to his wife since the early morning hours on New Year's Day.

Cohasset Police were granted permission to ring on his phone to locate her or her phone. Ana's phone indicated that it was stationary, in the area of the Cohasset house on New Year's Eve until 3:14 a.m., on January 2nd. There were no outgoing made at that time and at 3:14 a.m., on the 2nd., it was turned off. Defendant stated Ana should have been wearing a dress, a black jacket, Hunter boots, watch, ring as well as carrying a Prada purse. Defendant gave a time of 6:00 or 6:10 a.m. on the 1st. when he last saw her.

What I'd like to do now is just describe his actions on the days from January 1st. Defendant indicated on January 1st., at 3 p.m., he did some errands at went to his mother's house in Swampscott, but got lost because he didn't have his phone. He said he knew he was lost when he saw the pirate ship on Route 1. Defendant stayed 15 mins., then went to Wholefoods and CVS. Surveillance was checked and he did not enter either of those stores. On January 1st., defendant googled, using his son's iPad. Some of his searches are as follows (keep in mind that the defendant said he (I think she meant to say she) left at 6:00 a.m.:

January 1st.
  • 4:55 a.m. 'How long before a body starts to smell?'
  • 4:58 a.m. 'How to stop a body from decomposing?'
  • 5:20 a.m. 'How to mound a body?'
  • 5:47 a.m. '10 ways to dispose of a dead body if you really need to'
  • 6:25 a.m. 'How long for someone to be missing to inherit?'
  • 6:34 a.m. 'Can you throw away body parts?
  • 9:29 a.m. 'What does formaldehyde do?
  • 9:34 a.m. 'How long does DNA last?'
  • 9:59 a.m. 'Can identification be made on partial remains?'
  • 11:34 a.m. 'Dismemberment and the best ways to dispose of a body?'
  • 11:44 a.m. 'How to clean blood from wooden floor?'
  • 11:56 a.m. 'Luminol to detect blood'
  • 1.08 p.m. 'What happens when you put body parts in ammonia?'
  • 1:21 p.m. 'Is it better to throw crime scene clothes away or wash them?'
Those were on January 1st. There was also information gained from the defendants phone which showed on January 2nd., he was at HomeGoods in Norwell where he purchased 3 rugs.
It seems like he was worried that someone would find Ana in one of the dumpsters, so he was searching how to disguise the odor of decomposition.
Instead of 'mound' could it be 'bound' , actually 'bind', the correct terminology?

My guess is the same person paying his fraud legal expenses : Mommy.
Could this explain why this attorney stayed with him at the rental and then allowed BW to stay at her home, which is unusual behavior ? I can't even imagine how many hours she has racked up during this case alone ! She may be certain that she will be paid handsomely?
M00

So how much money does his mother have? I figured AW was paying his legal fees for the fraud case, but obviously she's retained for his murder. Did he go and sell all her jewelry, including that beautiful ring and part of the necklace that's missing? Did he pull money out of their account?

Surely it would be logical for both Brian and lawyer to appoint a different defence attorney in the light of the new charges. She is not in her área of expertise and has had informal meetings with Brian at his and her home (which surprised many of us). IMO

Surely it would be logical for both Brian and lawyer to appoint a different defence attorney in the light of the new charges. She is not in her área of expertise and has had informal meetings with Brian at his and her home (which surprised many of us). IMO
Her morals are questionable also. She was arrested for providing alcohol to her teen at a New Year's party some years ago
Defense lawyer in trouble after rowdy teen party - The Boston Globe.

I would guess that he'll ask mommy to get him a second criminal defense lawyer for his newest case, and this time one with murder experience. The first hearing or two is pretty elementary stuff that any lawyer can handle, I imagine, so no rush.

Or maybe mommy will say no to two lawyers and he'll try to convince the court he's indigent so he can get a public defender.

Either way, I can't imagine the fraud lawyer wants to take on a murder case. That's outside her bailiwick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back