ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know the answer to that myself. And, I read through the whole thing and I can't figure out why the prosecution would think it would reflect badly on them (paraphrase) or cause the investigation to come to a halt.

Any thoughts, anyone?
IMO the search warrant was sealed because the search was basically occurring around the same time as the arrest, subsequent to the PCA. Perhaps if something had gone wrong during the arrest and the suspect was not apprehended, he would have knowledge of the articles that LE were looking for (by having knowledge of the search warrant), thereby possibly derailing the next steps in LE's investigation? Also, IMO as the surviving girls' names and identifiers were on the warrant a motion had to be made to have them redacted (for obvious reasons), and then the release could occur.

Could be he threw them in the washing machine before he left for his trip. I always strip my bed before I go anywhere out of town. JMO

I don't think he is able to have his own personal washing machine in the Steptoe apartments - so he would have had to leave them in the shared laundry room (which people do, IME).

If there were a washing machine in his apartment, LE surely would have obtained the contents of it?

My original comment was only to explain that the MOO items taken from the apartment are not proof of his innocence and don't exonerate him from anything, from my experience and understanding of what those terms mean.

Nonincriminating is not a synonym for exculpatory or exonerate.

There is a receipt, for clothing that can't be located, It indicates that the suspect preplanned and discarded the clothes for the reason of not bringing evidence to his apartment. That won't help the defense.
And lack of a specific type of evidence is not the same as exculpatory and does not exonerate him, which specifically proves innocence.

Well, thanks for the attempt - but I have no idea what word you want me or anyone else to use to continue this conversation, so I'm letting it go.

I'll just say I'm disappointed in the short list of things apparently found and removed.

I think context will be important to the jury and may be about the only thing the defense has on offer. Let's just say that reasonable doubt also does not exonerate him or exculpate him, but he will walk free if one jury has any.

He managed to kill four young people, including a man his size. I agree that his prep & cleanup are looking bad if suspicious items become significant evidence.

It's terribly sad the part he got right were the murders. I don't really think he was trying to be a master criminal but if he was, his lack of organizational skills or other decompensating parts of his mental faculties made success tenuous at best.

What was the trigger for acting on that night?

Is he already writing his book?

I'd love to see his mental health eval when he was first jailed.

MOO
feels like not being in the wrong mental state could absolutely be the reason this is so sloppy

Probably already said, but not an impressive list of things seized at his apartment. I've seen a lot of hubbub about the stained mattress and pillows, but those kinds of stains tend to appear on their own with prolonged use.

My opinion.
Totally agree. Even my newish mattress has what looks like a nasty old blood stain and it’s coffee.

I’d be curious to know the date on that receipt for Dickies.

IF he bought dark clothing fairly recently, and
IF it is nowhere to be found, now,

then there’s another piece of circumstantial evidence added to the pile.
Me too. Why only those 3 receipts? Maybe those were his trophies. Usual trophies are from victims but his were from what he wore to the crime. His mental re-enactment of the crime, down to what he wore, was what he wanted to remember not the victims.
Or if he lost his nerve and didn't go through with it, he could return the items. MOO.

Me too. Why only those 3 receipts? Maybe those were his trophies. Usual trophies are from victims but his were from what he wore to the crime. His mental re-enactment of the crime, down to what he wore, was what he wanted to remember not the victims.
Or if he lost his nerve and didn't go through with it, he could return the items. MOO.
Maybe LE only took those specific receipts for a reason, he honestly could have had a receipt shred pile with lots of receipts, which why he would not think to take those particular receipts out does not make sense, but that’s a possibility.

I don't understand the part where Blum says the survivors called their friends after they "found it impossible to rouse their roommates". Weird way to put it considering how obvious the roommates' condition must have been. Perhaps he is just extrapolating that from the 911 "unconscious" terminology?
SBMFF

Total speculation on my part, but they may have been behind locked doors, and knocking or phone calls were going unanswered. JMO

Maybe he suffers from nosebleeds? :rolleyes:
Or shaving injuries, as evidenced in BCK’s court appearance.

Before retirement, my better half would shower/shave at night. I was forever dealing with blood stains on the pillow cases & pillow protectors from his routine shaving.

Interesting — or not — no linens were listed as seized.

IMO they were other bloody shoe prints. The mention of only one, near where DM stood, was all that was needed for the PCA. It reaffirms her statement that someone else unknown and wearing a mask, was in the home. The PCA does not have to say where each and every print was, that would be giving away the offender's path through the residence; something ONLY the murderer would know. You can't disclose that type of investigative information, IMO
The PCA is a hop skip and a jump away from Discovery. There's very little to withhold at this point and time, especially if they think they have their guy.

Information only the perp would know is leveraged during interrogations or confessions. For the latter when a confessor might come seemingly out of nowhere. We are past that.

So while there's truth to the prosecution hold back on the PCA for gamesmanship and making the defense wait until for Discovery (assisted by the very little needed for a PCA).... An offender's inside knowledge is less of a factor this late in the game.

Which is odd because in the PCA it says Xana’s door was open, cop saw her from the hallway. So either killer left her door open or one of the roommates opened it.
Correct. However, that was Brett Payne’s (is he homicide? I don’t know) statement. Second paragraph says he entered the house at 4:00, and then describes what he saw upon entering the house. The 911 call was made around 12:00? I sure would like to see the statements of the initial responding officers 4 hours prior to him entering. Perhaps, IMO, responding officers were able to get into the rooms prior to Payne getting there.

Really? The only "blood" on mine is from errant nail polish & I doubt BK was polishing his toenails.

At some point we will know if the items listed are evidence of guilt or not.

I'm willing to wait & see before discounting ALL of it.

JMO

Over time, the body transfers fluids that seep through pillowcases and cause a yellowing and 'rusty' looking tinge. Pillowcases are washed, so it doesn't affect them as much.

I have a difficult time changing pillows, obviously. :D

Probably already said, but not an impressive list of things seized at his apartment. I've seen a lot of hubbub about the stained mattress and pillows, but those kinds of stains tend to appear on their own with prolonged use.

My opinion.

Agreed. Very disappointed that not much was taken (plumbing, etc). I really don't get it.

Oh, and I was wrong about the apartments - they do have very low pile (ugly) carpeting that looks to my eye like laminate but is some kind of indoor-outdoor style (seen in the pictures on the WSU housing site - but I had to read the description to find that there's carpeting at all in the bedroom and living room).

Also, looks like they have to rent their furniture. So...he is wasn't subletting, I assume that bed and mattress were...rented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea