ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after all, he is a degreed criminology student, so he’s got some knowledge, despite people calling him stupid, about evidence searches.

I can’t imagine the stains on the bedding/pillows are related to any victim. Like he would lay down on the bed without scrubbing himself down 20x? I bet he has cleaned, vacuumed, laundered, etc., as much as possible between the time he did it (allegedly) and leaving for PA. They ought to check his water and electric usage to see if they can tell whether he used an unusually high amount of water (laundry/cleaning) and electricity (dryer) between November 13 and December 13 (assuming he had those in his apartment).

I wish they would have found his laptop (I assume he had one.) Maybe they nabbed that in PA.

MOO!
I agree -- I would be totally shocked, honestly, if the stains on his bed are related to the victims / crime.

While he could, as you say, shower and clean after the crime, it would be harder for him to purge any hairs or fibers that might have stuck to him or his clothing after the crime. Even shedding them in his car or apartment could have happened and he probably wouldn't have realized. Maddie, Kaylee, and Xana all had long hair and -- I speak from experience -- it's likely their apartment was covered with hair. The surviving roommates also had very long hair. If he managed to bring some back to his apartment, that would be very incriminating. IMO.

Awesome answer. Is there a time line as to when the state has to give info to the defense? How long can the state hold info before turning it over to the defense? Thank you
At the preliminary hearing (set for around six months from now I think),the Judge determines if there is enough evidence to to bring the case to trial. If so, a date is set for trial. The defense has already, in this case begun the discovery process and asked the state to produce its evidence, as it were, to the defense, so they can prepare for the preliminary hearing.

My experience is not in Idaho or Washington, and this is merely my own opinion.

Marshall’s receipts will only list the department. So at most the line for it would read something along the lines of footwear/shoes. They *might* be able to get the brand from the store the Marshall’s ticket came from upon their item look-up but that’s only if the sales associate input that detailed information upon creation of the original ticket, which back when I once upon a time worked for a lone Marshall’s Shoe Shop we for the most part only made descriptive entries for higher end/designer items.
I went on the Marshall's website and did not find Vans for sale. I then went to the Vans website and did a store locator search and did not find a Marshall's store listed in the Washington area or the Pennsylvania area around his hometown. I did not look in the entire US.

IMO the Marshall's receipts are not for a pair of Vans.

That's a pretty good head start. Couldn't the gap be explained by waiting for test results?
Definitely. But I'm guessing they had to have at least done some lower level digging and found things that led them to the 12/23 cell pull. I don't recall what kind of request was made to AT&T. Most companies policies require different levels of legal action before providing data. Each level has a higher bar to clear via the legal process.

Reddit for example
Request for Preservation (Accounts get suspended) - written notice by LE, reviewed by Reddit's legal team
Request for Basic Information - Subpoena, has to request the specific account name. They only get that data back. signup IP, join date, basic account information
Everything - Warrant. All communications. All accounts. Everything linked to that person. And trust me, Reddit will know and find it.

I had to take a mental health break from following this trial and posting here..... but am just catching up now so sorry if this was discussed already. What is the benefit of denying an expedited prelim trial? Doesn't that just give everyone more time to gather evidence? or would the main trial still have been given the same amount of time. Sorry, not well-versed in these sorts of things!

Definitely. But I'm guessing they had to have at least done some lower level digging and found things that led them to the 12/23 cell pull. I don't recall what kind of request was made to the AT&T. Most companies policies require different levels of legal action before providing data. Each level has a higher bar to clear.
That's a really great point.

August 21 was also the day that a complaint was made to LE for the residence at 1122 King Rd for noise (Unknown Caller/Unknown Time To Respond/Unknown Bodycam Footage Availability), and LE knocked on the door and Kaylee was there and confirmed she lived there and was given a warning by LE that if excessive noise happened again at the house, she would get a ticket:

Slain University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves seen talking to cops 3 months before murders
If this dude was cruising around with a police scanner I think it would have been noted somewhere. Is that how he initially found them? I wonder if LE has figured out yet why them.

August 21 was also the day that a complaint was made to LE for the residence at 1122 King Rd for noise (Unknown Caller/Unknown Time To Respond/Unknown Bodycam Footage Availability), and LE knocked on the door and Kaylee was there and confirmed she lived there and was given a warning by LE that if excessive noise happened again at the house, she would get a ticket:

Slain University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves seen talking to cops 3 months before murders
The date of that noise complaint is 08/16, not 08/21 from your link in bodycam video.

We can run but we can't hide when it comes to browsers these days. BK isn't as smart as he thinks he is.
Browsers be watching. And listening. I mentioned Taco Bell in casual conversation with a friend IRL recently and I swear their online ads stalked me from site to site for two straight days after that.

The digital footprint we leave behind is very real lol

I wonder if he was lurking at the time that LE stopped by for the noise. Hell, maybe he's the one who called them. JMO

I’d expect him to shower though, so it’s weird. I can’t wait to hear what they found in those trash bags, and the result of swabs of his car. No way he got every drop. This case is already incredibly strong, but a slam dunk is on the way I think.

I hope so. I am very disappointed that they didn't go for his plumbing (sink traps, etc).

I agree that it's nearly impossible that the car is entirely clean, although it is said he cleaned it many times. It's going to be touch and go with the evidence from the car.

I'm so glad to hear you think the case is incredibly strong.

Browsers be watching. And listening. I mentioned Taco Bell in casual conversation with a friend IRL recently and I swear their online ads stalked me from site to site for two straight days after that.

The digital footprint we leave behind is very real lol
I hear you. I've had Ikea stalk me like that. We probably just set ourselves up for Taco Bell and Ikea to come for us again.

I hope so. I am very disappointed that they didn't go for his plumbing (sink traps, etc).

I agree that it's nearly impossible that the car is entirely clean, although it is said he cleaned it many times. It's going to be touch and go with the evidence from the car.

I'm so glad to hear you think the case is incredibly strong.
The phone data and DNA alone will bury him. He had no business being in that area (months before, day after) , and his DNA had no business being on that sheath.

And if this instagram thing is accurate, that’s enough without any of the evidence that is currently being processed.

I agree -- I would be totally shocked, honestly, if the stains on his bed are related to the victims / crime.

While he could, as you say, shower and clean after the crime, it would be harder for him to purge any hairs or fibers that might have stuck to him or his clothing after the crime. Even shedding them in his car or apartment could have happened and he probably wouldn't have realized. Maddie, Kaylee, and Xana all had long hair and -- I speak from experience -- it's likely their apartment was covered with hair. The surviving roommates also had very long hair. If he managed to bring some back to his apartment, that would be very incriminating. IMO.

Do you think it strange that there's no mention of them carting out sheets, pillowcases, towels, etc? Where were these things?

Did he strip down his apt. before leaving? It's so puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase