ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
The phone data and DNA alone will bury him. He had no business being in that area (months before, day after) , and his DNA had no business being on that sheath.

I agree. It's just nice to hear someone who has dealt with many cases put it plainly.

Video of his car circling the house is where I would start (for drama) with the jury. It also situates him clearly at the house, concealed, during the very brief time of the murders.

Do you think it strange that there's no mention of them carting out sheets, pillowcases, towels, etc? Where were these things?

Did he strip down his apt. before leaving? It's so puzzling.
I can see him having very little in his apartment. I just get a vibe that he may be that minimalist type of guy so that everything is measured and in his control. He also hadn't lived there too long yet. I can also see him stripping down the apartment. All JMO.

The sheath I'll give you. But it's a free country. MOO.
It’s a free country, but facts are facts. His DNA shouldn’t be there. His cell phone data shouldn’t have put him there months before, and the day after. His phone shouldn’t have been shut off. He shouldn’t be taking put trash and dumping it in his neighbor’s trash in the early morning hours, wearing gloves. He shouldn’t be cleaning his car that way that he was.

I went on the Marshall's website and did not find Vans for sale. I then went to the Vans website and did a store locator search and did not find a Marshall's store listed in the Washington area or the Pennsylvania area around his hometown. I did not look in the entire US.

IMO the Marshall's receipts are not for a pair of Vans.
I don’t think the receipt has anything to do with Vans either but just to be clear, Vans would not list Marshall’s as a retailer of theirs because they are not one in the official sense. The Vans that can be found at Marshall’s from time to time is overstock from a 3rd party vendor. It’s the 3rd party vendors who buy the stock direct from a brand subsidiary (sometimes it’s defective but in most cases they just ordered too much and for whatever reason it isn’t moving fast enough so it is more cost effective to sell it off as “old” stock to recoup some costs and free up space for new inventory) who then sells it to Marshall’s. All Marshall’s merchandise is 3rd party overstock so no brand seen in their store would ever list them as an official retailer, nor would they advertise their stuff being sold somewhere else at half their suggested retail price lol

Last edited:
Or LE opened it. The officer who wrote the PCA arrived at about 4:00 pm, nearly 4 hours after the first officers arrived on the scene. The writer describes being shown through the house by another officer already on the scene.

Pretty sure the door was opened closer to 11:40-12 noon, as responding police knew it was a homicide. It takes a while to get everyone on scene.

First officer had to call in a suspected homicide, IMO.

I agree. It's just nice to hear someone who has dealt with many cases put it plainly.

Video of his car circling the house is where I would start (for drama) with the jury. It also situates him clearly at the house, concealed, during the very brief time of the murders.
Lol. Forgot about that. Yes, that too.

Do you think it strange that there's no mention of them carting out sheets, pillowcases, towels, etc? Where were these things?

Did he strip down his apt. before leaving? It's so puzzling.
Yeah, and I know it's already been commented on, but I find it strange that the pillow didn't have a pillow case (evidently?), but the mattress had a cover. Although new mattresses are fairly easy to buy now on Amazon or elsewhere online, I wondered if the mattress was used and could account for the stains -- however, the warrant clearly states the mattress "cover" not the mattress itself.

Would they have taken obviously clean sheets and towels that were free of stains and freshly laundered? Did he have all of his linens in a big basket to do laundry when he returned (would they have taken dirty laundry that didn't have obvious stains)? Did he get rid of everything before leaving? Unclear, and it is curious. I was surprised how little they seemed to have taken in the warrant -- makes me wonder if they were specific, or if the apartment was very bare. IMO.

I can see him having very little in his apartment. I just get a vibe that he may be that minimalist type of guy so that everything is measured and in his control. He also hadn't lived there too long yet. I can also see him stripping down the apartment. All JMO.

If it turns out he never used sheets or towels or pillowcases, that will be very interesting. Otherwise, if I were the prosecutor, I'd ask the officer in charge of the warrant service to say there were no such things there. The defense would need to find someone not-Bryan to testify that this is how Bryan lives. Without towels, pillowcases or sheets.

But with a vacuum cleaner, a roku stick and a computer. I mean, I can see it too, but if he did try to socialize by inviting people over (there's one neighbor who thinks they heard a voice there at some point), he must have seemed a bit odd.

The towels, in particular, should still exist and be in the apartment. IMO. I find that rather suspicious. Still moaning about lack of info about them taking the plumbing apart.

Something that still isn't clear to me is what happened the next morning and who came to the house first? The reason I am asking is about the Van's like shoe print.
If nobody but LE came in to the house that morning, the bloody shoe print should be the killer's. If other people came in before LE then it would be a lot less useful.
I tried to search this site for this but maybe I am doing it wrong. There is so much to read in all these threads, sorry if my question has been answered before! If there's already somewhere that discussed this, a link would be appreciated!

I just thought of something...when D & B called friends (Im assuming males) over the morning of the 13th and apparently, several spoke with the 911 operator and Im guessing one or more of those friends went inside if only to the second floor.
A lot of college kids wear Vans and easily could have stepped in something within the crime scene, maybe that latent shoe print was from one of them? We haven't head a lot about it, and I would think IF it was the killers it would be upfront and center as the sheath. IDK MOO

The towels, in particular, should still exist and be in the apartment. IMO. I find that rather suspicious. Still moaning about lack of info about them taking the plumbing apart.
The towel thing is really a thought-provoking issue, I agree. If they didn't find out that he brought a bunch of dirty laundry across the country to PA, that's another really weird thing he will have to explain.

I'm disappointed about the plumbing as well. I thought that would be a natural part of the protocol.

I just thought of something...when D & B called friends (Im assuming males) over the morning of the 13th and apparently, several spoke with the 911 operator and Im guessing one or more of those friends went inside if only to the second floor.
A lot of college kids wear Vans and easily could have stepped in something within the crime scene, maybe that latent shoe print was from one of them? We haven't head a lot about it, and I would think IF it was the killers it would be upfront and center as the sheath. IDK MOO
I am pretty sure that police would want to rule out the presence of a latent shoeprint caused by a bystander and not include that in the PCA as evidence the killer walked past a witness's door. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I went on the Marshall's website and did not find Vans for sale. I then went to the Vans website and did a store locator search and did not find a Marshall's store listed in the Washington area or the Pennsylvania area around his hometown. I did not look in the entire US.

IMO the Marshall's receipts are not for a pair of Vans.
Marshalls carry items in "fashion, home, beauty and more" (see link below) but don't carry certain "brands" AFAIK, they have items for sale that are "one-offs" and are random in terms of brand, that are marked down because the item wasn't sold as part of a lot of large inventory by brand at big department stores they buy "unsold inventory" from. The name brands come and go in my experience in their inventory, e.g., you can walk in the store one day and find a great pair of name brand shoes in your size one day, and then a few weeks later find nothing in that brand or that size. It's a real crapshoot for lack of a better word. I have seen signs in their stores that say "Didn't Find What You Were Looking For? Come Back To Check Again Soon, Our Stock Changes Every Week" or something along those lines.

Bk could have bought anything from sneakers to vacuum cleaner, hand soap, makeup, new sheets, new clothes, gloves, hats, masks, etc. at the Marshalls in Moscow ID:

At Marshalls Moscow , ID you'll discover an amazing selection of high-quality, brand name and designer merchandise at prices that thrill across fashion, home, beauty and more. You can expect to find designer womens & mens clothes that match your style as well as the perfect finishing touches for every outfit - shoes, handbags, beauty, accessories & more. The surprises dont stop there! Refresh your home with our selection of on-trend home decor and travel in style with high quality luggage, suitcases and travel essentials - all at incredible prices. With new styles arriving all the time, each shopping trip is an opportunity to discover brands that wow at prices that thrill.

Shop at Marshalls Moscow , ID

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members