ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't put a lot of stock into the whole thing about using his neighbors trash can. If LE was looking for something it would be a grid search as the trash was already gone, and the neighbors trash would be in the same grid. In my opinion if it was something nefarious he would have put it in the trash at say McDonalds or something across town. Also I could see maybe seeing something down the path , picking it up and just putting it in the nearest trash can.
Also I think it (again my opinion) it is so hard to classify wearing latex or surgical gloves as suspicious anymore I saw so many people start to wear them with the pandemic, just a couple of things that i have been thinking....

At one point during the four days he was surveilled by the FBI prior to his arrest, Kohberger was observed putting trash from his family’s house into neighbors’ garbage bins around 4 a.m., a law enforcement source told CNN.

News that Kohberger tried to obscure the rubbish comes after the probable cause affidavit released Thursday claimed he had been identified through DNA of his father retrieved from the family’s garbage on Dec. 27, despite it being placed in neighbor’s trash cans.

How close are the houses? I don't buy his can was full so he went to the neighbors can. I'm sure they had more then 1 can and even if full, most people just rest the bag next to it until the next pick-up. It's just odd to me. JMO
Where I live, the city provides only one trash bin that can be used for pickup, and the trucks that pick up can't pick up a bag next to it, the mechanism can only pick up the authorized provided trash bin. No one gets out of the truck anymore in our region of the state where I live to hand pick up trash, it is all automated.

But they did not seize any articles of clothing. That Dickies receipt is interesting, although how stupid would he have to be to save a receipt for murder coveralls? Hopefully the UPC code is indicated on the receipt showing what the Dickies item was. If coveralls, and if not present in the apartment, that would be interesting.

I recall a case (Jason Young) where articles of clothing (and possibly shoes) which were not found were part of the evidence used to convict a killer.
Yeah it'll be interesting to see if any usable evidence comes out of those receipts. If there is, I wouldn't expect it to go public until trial, or maybe prelim hearing (not knowledgable on that really). I guess LE might have seized those receipts for further investigation because they point to a possible cash purchase that might be tied to the crime (assuming LE will access all his recent electronic purchase via supeona from bank/credit company). Cash purchase could be a sign of BK covering his tracks. Still it would astound me that he hadn't got rid of any cash receipts. I guess he might have tossed such a receipt in his wallet on auto pilot, or crumpled it into a wastpaper basket when cleaning out pockets or something. Still you'd think by December 13th/14th (when he left for PA) he would have cleaned out anything of that nature. My guess is the receipts were not deliberately kept. TBH, I can't imagine how they could be tied to the crime but time will tell.MOO

Yeah it'll be interesting to see if any usable evidence comes out of those receipts. If there is, I wouldn't expect it to go public until trial, or maybe prelim hearing (not knowledgable on that really). I guess LE might have seized those receipts for further investigation because they point to a possible cash purchase that might be tied to the crime (assuming LE will access all his recent electronic purchase via supeona from bank/credit company). Cash purchase could be a sign of BK covering his tracks. Still it would astound me that he hadn't got rid of any cash receipts. I guess he might have tossed such a receipt in his wallet on auto pilot, or crumpled it into a wastpaper basket when cleaning out pockets or something. Still you'd think by December 13th/14th (when he left for PA) he would have cleaned out anything of that nature. My guess is the receipts were not deliberately kept. TBH, I can't imagine how they could be tied to the crime but time will tell.MOO
Maybe they got the receipt and Dickies tag out of his trash? I know weeks went by, but we don't have any idea how often he dumps his trash...

"Dickies Tag" on Return of Service doc???
On seeing "Dickies tag" on return of service doc, I thought or imagined LE seized a Dickies HANGTAG (like dangling from a string) from a garment, not a SEWN-ON fabric label which had been off garment.

Someone posted (within the last several hours, sorry, no link) photo of a male wearing a black balaclava w. a "Dickies" tag, on Adam's apple area.

A Dickies HANGTAG would suggest, imo, a relatively recent purchase.
A Dickies SEWN-ON label being cut off suggests, what, IDK?
imo jmo
May be of little or no consequence.
Yeah, that was me who posted the picture of the Dickies brand balaclava. It was a complete and total guess on my part that BCK possibly purchased a Dickies brand balaclava and removed the tag, especially if it was on the throat part of the mask. To me, that would be a VERY identifying mark where a potential eyewitness could say, "He was wearing a mask with a tag on the throat area." That's why I think he would take the extra step to remove it. And like I said in my previous post, LE thought it important enough to collect as part of their search of his apartment.

Here's a close up of the tag I'm talking about. Looks fairly easy to remove.

1674147684652.png

Definitely, it just seems to me like they didn't take all that much evidence. Like it just mentions 2 receipts and a tag, not a whole bunch of receipts and papers and tags. This is all just my amateur impression though, I have no idea about evidence collection.
MOO and just a guess: I assume the Dickies tag is like most other garment tags, with information like brand, item type/maybe color, style name, size and price. Perhaps that info led LE to assume the item was worn during the crime and (fingers crossed) was found discarded somewhere.

Maybe they got the receipt and Dickies tag out of his trash? I know weeks went by, but we don't have any idea how often he dumps his trash...
Yeah that seems the most realistic scenario to me, or it fell out of his pocket, under a bed, under the fridge near his bin...he wouldn't deliberately keep a receipt that could implicate him IMO but who knows...!

I can honestly say I sometimes do at 4 in the morning, but that's because I go to work around then. Sometimes with gloves if it has to do with my cats, but I would never be rude enough to put that in my neighbor's bin.
LOL! I guess my point is if you already have an agreement with your neighbor that this is OK to do, then fine. But, if you do not, it would definitely look suspicious from the outside looking in.

The local FBI field office was first made aware of Kohberger’s presence in the region on Dec. 22, the source said. FBI agents surveilled his parents' home in Albrightsville for four days before he was arrested, the source said.

Exactly how was he able to savagely attack, with a knife, FOUR people, in twenty five minutes, & only leave DNA (who knows what type of DNA) on a knife sheath? But then he’s the dummy that throws evidence in his neighbor’s garbage bin? Okayyyy
LE did an amazing job at convincing the public (which included BCK at the time) that they had little to no leads to go on (except for the vehicle and they had the year wrong). BCK was probably fairly confident (but not 100% since he wore gloves and disposed of trash in his neighbor's bin at 4am) that no one was watching him while in PA.

If he threw that knife out the window somewhere along the way between the murder site and his apartment, how on earth can they ever expect to find it? I just picture him, speeding along, tossing it out in the shrubbery. How long would it take to search 10 miles of road shrubbery?

ETA: And did he cross over any bodies of water?

Yes I agree with most except laundering clothes sounds iffy to me. IMO in my mind I see him with a messy place and office just like every prof I ever had. I see him buying a special murder outfit he would wear just once then discard. And as someone who wears Dickies work clothes depending on the item, yeah the loops aren't going to hold up to much pressure and would be too flimsy for that knife.

My question is: was he actually stupid enough to buy that knife at Walmart, keep the receipt, and...was he planning on returning it? LOL. Do they sell those at Walmart? There are too many moving parts to process this as a sleuth IMO. Can't imagine BK could have actually buttoned up every single detail especially if he has a 'professor' type personality. He gave it the ole college try though.
He doesn’t seem to know that from an eyeglasses case to an iphone, keeping anything rectangular secured in a pocket while bending and moving around is hard to do. Lack of experience?

The knife sheath has a thigh strap for this reason, because it’s even hard to keep it under control on a belt which most coverall don’t even have.

MOO One of his biggest errors is that resources brought by the magnitude of the crime.
Killing one student would bring normal detective power, they may or may not have been able to subpoena a years work of geofencing cell data for the house and the his pattern of stalking would remain un-investigated.
His level of subterfuge seems consistent with a single murder, and well might have worked minus the error of dropping the sheath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong