ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
So maybe they only could get the Dad’s DNA and go to familial DNA?
Not sure what you mean by "go to familial DNA".

They had the DNA from the sheath - Suspect Profile.
They had the DNA from the trash at the house where Kohberger was staying.
They compared them and found that the DNA from the trash was 99.99998% likely to be the father of the Suspect Profile.

Does anyone remember early reports stating the killer took an unnamed “memento” from the scene? I wonder if the pillow cuttings could be the item(s).
I remember people speculating but never saw any confirmation that this was true.

Idaho Suspect Bryan Kohberger Visited Restaurant Where 2 Victims Worked 'At Least Twice' Before Killings​

<snipped>
In the weeks before the slayings of four University of Idaho students last November, the man now accused of killing them allegedly ate at the restaurant where two of the victims worked.

According to a former employee at the Mad Greek restaurant in Moscow, Idaho, Bryan Kohberger came in at least twice to grab vegan pizza. Two of the victims — Madison Mogen and Xana Kernodle — were servers at the restaurant.

It's unclear if either woman ever waited on Kohberger, or if they even interacted, but PEOPLE confirms that a now-deleted account that appeared to belong to Kohberger once followed both Mogen and Kernodle on Instagram along with the third female murder victim, Kaylee Goncalves.

Idaho Suspect Bryan Kohberger Visited Restaurant Where 2 Victims Worked 'At Least Twice' Before Killings
"PEOPLE has also confirmed, via an investigator familiar with the case, that law enforcement is aware of the restaurant visits and that investigators have interviewed employees and owners of the Mad Greek."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really really hope this isn't the G's family PI leaking info about the investigation to the press. Someone might need their gag tightened.

This?
On December 27, 2022, Pennsylvania Agents recovered the trash from the Kohberger family residence located in Albrightsville, PA.

And you see that somehow matching up to this?
Federal investigators saw Idaho quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger throw out garbage into neighbors' trash bins in the middle of the night as they surveilled him in Pennsylvania in the days leading up to his arrest, a law enforcement source told ABC News.
This may not conflict with the fact that the trash ORGINATED from the family residence, but was ultimately recovered from the neighbor's trash bin. MOO

Also it's not something that has much effect on things so not sure why this is a point of contention. It's logical, and a logical thing LE did, and logical they would want to retrieve what he threw away, and logical to assume he was being deceptive in the motive of throwing said trash away in the neighbor's bin, and shows he had an inkling he might be under surveillance. IMO.
But maybe separate these two things

(1) LE collected trash from the PA residence and from BK's parents trash can, obtained a sample of the father's dna. This sample was used to id the dna on the sheath as BKs. This is the the information that is included and described in the PCA. Period. LE collected trash from the Kohnberger Residence in PA.

ps://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23564673/122922-affidavit-exhibit-a-statement-of-brett-payne_redacted.pdf

(2) There are MSM reports that refer to BK throwing trash into a neighbours bin in the middle of the night IMO. If that trash was retrieved by LE and sent off for analysis, as Some MSM reports state IMO, then whatever the results, they are not included in the PCA and the description of this occurence is not included in PCA

MOO

Last edited:
Not that I disbelieve it, but when I saw images of his parents' house via drone that were published on the local TV station, I had to wonder about the location of the neighbor's trash bin and whether Bryan walked all the way down the long drive in the middle of the night to throw something away.

It seems to me, and this is just all MOO, that any "evidence" BK had to dispose of would have been thrown away long ago. It's not like officers couldn't have gotten his DNA in a dozen other ways.

Here's a still shot from the drone footage from KXLY.

View attachment 396379

This is the lication were he cleaned every inch of the car inside and out.

Thanks for this image, I can now see that it was not that hard for the fbi to hide and watch BK. Jmo

Does anyone remember early reports stating the killer took an unnamed “memento” from the scene? I wonder if the pillow cuttings could be the item(s).
That did cross my mind initially when they said about cuttings but then I thought he wouldn’t have time to murder four people and then start cutting up pillows to take mementos with him. IMO. Plus I think the cuttings were actually taken by LE from BKs pillows at his apartment.
JMO.

No

Only some talking heads said/suggested that.

Jmo

One thing that has perplexed me is his Pennsylvania Public Defender stating BK is "eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible". Then, BK gets back to Idaho and waives his right to a quick preliminary hearing where he *might* have a shot at bail.

I know it's highly unlikely he would get out on bail but the chances would be higher than they are right now with him sitting in a jail cell until June with no bail opportunity. So much for him wanting to resolve "these matters as promptly as possible".

Something else that has struck me as odd is the Kohberger family statement. It doesn't come out and say Bryan did not commit these horrendous acts, it says they "promote his presumption of innocence" and "as a family we will love and support our son and brother". If I was certain my child had not done this, I would be using much more definitive language in proclaiming their innocence.
I've been wondering about this, too. I think it all but confirms he does not, for example, have a rock solid alibi for the night of the murders. That is something he could have brought to his attorney, and she might have been able to procure a witness to confirm it.

I think his family's statement was crafted delicately and with thought / consultation from others. I don't think it would be appropriate for them to say "our son is innocent!" considering the gravity of the situation. They began, for example, by expressing their condolences for the victim's families. I think it's just publicity semantics, although I'm sure the family is turning over the evidence constantly.

Not that I disbelieve it, but when I saw images of his parents' house via drone that were published on the local TV station, I had to wonder about the location of the neighbor's trash bin and whether Bryan walked all the way down the long drive in the middle of the night to throw something away.

It seems to me, and this is just all MOO, that any "evidence" BK had to dispose of would have been thrown away long ago. It's not like officers couldn't have gotten his DNA in a dozen other ways.

Here's a still shot from the drone footage from KXLY.

View attachment 396379
Of course he would, since he cleaned the car and there was probably a lot of evidence in there. Makes it super suspicious he didn't use his own trash. IMO. They only were able to look for DNA in the trash AFTER they got a search warrant. Which was after he left for PA. They never specify if it was the neighbor's trash where they got the dad's DNA, but IMO that is exactly where they got it, after watching BK clean his car and empty the trash at the neighbor's. IMO. Also he would have wanted to not throw away stuff in WA and instead waited till he got to PA. IMO.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for rumor>
There have now been several stories about him stalking them. The 12x he was near their house in the PCA, the instagram messages, and now the restaurant. All within the realm of reason IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idaho murders suspect Bryan Kohberger followed 3 female victims on Instagram before stabbings, report claims

Numerous Instagram accounts, using Kohberger's name, appeared after his arrest was made public and followed the victims, but it was not immediately clear whether any of the accounts belonged to him.

He was arrested on Dec. 30, nearly seven weeks after police allege he entered a six-bedroom home in Moscow, Idaho, and stabbed four college students: Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin.

At least one account in his name that was observed by Fox News Digital following Goncalves, Mogen and Kernodle appears to be no longer active. The other three were all still online when checked Thursday afternoon.

Oh this is interesting (and distressing). I assumed all the accounts were fake -- it sounds like one MIGHT have actually been him.

Edit to say, I wonder if he was also following D or B? He might have known Maddie and Xana from Mad Greek, but he apparently followed Kaylee and the girls regularly tagged all of the roommates in Instagram pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snipped for focus and BBM:
“I agree with you that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence here and the hope is that they can tie it to the murder, but there is only one piece in here that is something that ties him and only him as the most likely killer and that is the DNA. My issue with the DNA is that the newest forensic science is calling it into cautious question.”
Thank you for sharing this link MadHettie! While I for one do believe that BK is guilty due to the totality of evidence, this article is very eye-opening (and a little bit scary!). I didn’t realize that DNA testing had become SO sensitive that innocent people could be convicted by simple cross-contamination of “touch-DNA”. Makes me want to wear gloves everywhere I go if it’s this easy to be mistaken for a criminal - should give us all pause and something to ponder! MOO

Independent
Andrea Blanco
1/19/2023

Could Bryan Kohberger get the death penalty?​

If convicted of the four murders, Mr Kohberger faces the possibility of lethal injection, should the prosecution seek the death penalty.
In the state of Idaho, the maximum sentence for first-degree murder is death and the suspect is facing four counts of this charge.
While the Latah County prosecutor has not yet confirmed whether or not he plans to seek the death penalty in the case and he is unlikely to show his hand over the coming weeks due to the gag order now in place.
Goncalves’ parents have already said that they want their daughter’s killer to be sentenced to death saying he “has to pay” for what he has done.
“If you want to play god’s role, you’re gonna have to go answer to him,” Steve told NewsNation in early-January.

Bryan Kohberger search warrant highlights missing evidence in Idaho murders

(Catching up from the previous thread.)
RE: LE taking one nitrile glove from BK's apartment

It's possible that the glove is not one of THE gloves he wore, but if he had a supply at home, some nitrile gloves have texture patterns in the nitrile to make it easier for the wearer to grip things--if there was a gloved hand print at the scene of the crime, it might be possible to match a texture from one of the gloves at his apartment with the texture in the crime scene print.

Also, some gloves have powder inside, and if they found some glove powder at the scene of the crime, they might be able to match it to the brand and style of glove, potentially matching what he may have kept in the apartment.

Neither are iron-clad proof of a link to the scene of the crime, but every bit of circumstantial evidence can add up, IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288