AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021 #2

this came out yesterday...

Skeletal remains found in Arizona desert fuel speculation they may belong to missing geologist Daniel Robinson | Fox News

"Yesterday, a woman in Buckeye Arizona stumbled upon skeletonized human remains. She called police & posted a pic of the find on FB. Out of respect for deceased, I’ve covered the skull/vertebrae shown in her original photo. A shotgun shell is also shown in photo," Lauren Lee Malloy, founder of Unsolved RI, which works to provide support for victims and families of cold cases in Rhode Island, posted to Twitter.

"Many believe the remains are those of Daniel Robinson, who disappeared in 2021," Malloy added in a follow-up tweet.

Other sleuths and crime experts speculated on social media that the remains could belong to Robinson, but noted there has been no confirmation.

and as you all have noted, Daniel's dad said the following on the (publicly available) search page for his son:
View attachment 394297

I am thinking it could be Maya Milette.

I had only been following this case cursorily, so this part was new to me:

<snip> David says police also found Daniel’s cellphone, but it was missing a memory card and wiped clean. However, police were reportedly able to still download some files from Daniel’s phone, which showed he was texting a girl and showed up at her home several times unannounced. The girl then told Daniel she didn’t want to hang out with him, investigators said.

<snip> David says police also found Daniel’s cellphone, but it was missing a memory card and wiped clean. However, police were reportedly able to still download some files from Daniel’s phone, which showed he was texting a girl and showed up at her home several times unannounced. The girl then told Daniel she didn’t want to hang out with him, investigators said.
Yeah, apparently Daniel was acting real strange before he disappeared, and not at all like himself, according to his coworker (the one who immediately knew something was up and searched for daniel) and others. This behavior scared away the girl.

Daniel's cell phone missing the SIM card and being wiped is interesting. I don't think that an abductor would go to that trouble when it's just as easy to smash it or toss it in a dumpster/lake/etc. after wiping it to remove prints. If only Daniels prints or on the phone and not smeared by someone wearing gloves, then Daniel was the one who took that action in an attempt to remove evidence. Leaving the clothing and wiping the phone to me points towards walkaway that may have met with misadventure in the desert. Spurned by a love interest can make a man do irrational things.

I still wonder if he was taking something that made him irrational. I have mentioned before, my step-son was taking prescribed Adderall, but he was abusing it by taking more than the prescribed amount. He went in to Adderall induced psychosis. It made him act all kinds of irrational - including making a girl he wanted to date feel very, very uncomfortable! He went to her house and tried to walk right in. She called the cops, but by the time they arrived, he was gone.

I hope that these remains are Daniel because I quite honestly do not think he is alive and I want his father who has been so very attentive to know where his son is! Praying for his father during this difficult time.

I still wonder if he was taking something that made him irrational. I have mentioned before, my step-son was taking prescribed Adderall, but he was abusing it by taking more than the prescribed amount. He went in to Adderall induced psychosis. It made him act all kinds of irrational - including making a girl he wanted to date feel very, very uncomfortable! He went to her house and tried to walk right in. She called the cops, but by the time they arrived, he was gone.

I hope that these remains are Daniel because I quite honestly do not think he is alive and I want his father who has been so very attentive to know where his son is! Praying for his father during this difficult time.
another thought, some meds, do not react well to AZ summer heat.

Again brings (what IMO appears to have happened to) Bryce Laspisa to mind: got into gaming; got into stimulants to play longer - developed psychosis.

although Daniel's father has reported that the remains are not those of Daniel, I am waiting for something official IYKWIM. Until then, I am hanging onto hope...
I hear ya, I figured maybe they were able to determine it was a female by something other than that I would assume it takes longer to positively state it is not him. If I recall there is no information of if he was wearing something or what he was wearing so the clothes alone could not determine that it is not him. Side note at what point does a family decide good news is closure vs the hope they are alive and well in the world? A spot I would not want to be in.

I can't believe our local NBC12 News showed a pic of his remains. SMH. Other articles stated underwear and a shoe were found nearby. That would align with Daniel because he had left his clothes by the jeep. I don't recall if they ever said if he left his shoes, too.
his shoes and underwear were left at the Jeep.

PD never have officially said that the memory card was missing or it had been "wiped clean". But IMO one of the "concerning things about his behavior" was probably deleting histories, etc. I would assume he was embarrassed by the female rejection as well and might have deleted text history or reformated phone memory all together ("wiped clean"). I do know that the texts referred to in the Buckeye PD was from HER phone history and not his.

That document is certainly eye opening. It seems most likely that Daniel was suffering a mental break. This is so sad.

The PI seems predatory by feeding Daniel’s dad conspiracy theories to make it seem like a criminal offense.

I hear ya, I figured maybe they were able to determine it was a female by something other than that I would assume it takes longer to positively state it is not him. If I recall there is no information of if he was wearing something or what he was wearing so the clothes alone could not determine that it is not him. Side note at what point does a family decide good news is closure vs the hope they are alive and well in the world? A spot I would not want to be in.

Not sure how much of the skeletonised remains were found, other than the skull and spine, but if the bones in the lower right arm/hand were found it would be clear that the remains weren’t his.

That document is certainly eye opening. It seems most likely that Daniel was suffering a mental break. This is so sad.

The PI seems predatory by feeding Daniel’s dad conspiracy theories to make it seem like a criminal offense.

Yes, seems like the PI is taking advantage of the situation and twisting it into foul play when it just isn't. Very sad for Daniel's family.

I always wonder when I hear of someone missing that happens to be somewhere that weed is legal. I say this because I wonder if they started using regularly and got a bad batch (is there such a thing with weed). I've always thought Daniel was having some type of mental break down. So sad.

I always wonder when I hear of someone missing that happens to be somewhere that weed is legal. I say this because I wonder if they started using regularly and got a bad batch (is there such a thing with weed). I've always thought Daniel was having some type of mental break down. So sad.
It can go stale, if not stored properly. That much I know. I have some now (got stale) that my daughter is going to turn into a cream for my husbands RA. Which is the whole reason I even tried growing any. While checking on whether weed can go bad I ran across an article about what to do if you get a bad high, written by a doctor. Room spinning, paranoia and feeling anxious were some of the things mentioned. Sounded pretty intense. The only thing I can think of is if he got some that was laced with something else. JMO
How To Handle A Bad High, According To A Doctor

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back