ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that has perplexed me is his Pennsylvania Public Defender stating BK is "eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible". Then, BK gets back to Idaho and waives his right to a quick preliminary hearing where he *might* have a shot at bail.

I know it's highly unlikely he would get out on bail but the chances would be higher than they are right now with him sitting in a jail cell until June with no bail opportunity. So much for him wanting to resolve "these matters as promptly as possible".

Something else that has struck me as odd is the Kohberger family statement. It doesn't come out and say Bryan did not commit these horrendous acts, it says they "promote his presumption of innocence" and "as a family we will love and support our son and brother". If I was certain my child had not done this, I would be using much more definitive language in proclaiming their innocence.
MOO BK told his family he didn’t do it. They hope that’s true. Probably their statement was before the PCA/sheath info was out.

The detailed LE Application for search warrant document for BK's residence, shows that LE requested that the warrant cover digital data from August 21 2022 to Nov 14th 2022. This is a massive doc. So surely this means that LE is only interested in digital data from August 21 2022 (at least as pertains to devices seized from the residence). This makes me think that it is possible that the first of the 12 phone Pings referenced in the PCA occurred on or after August 21 2022. Just my thoughts and MOO.

I think this is around pp 23-24, but the whole doc is attached below this quote. BBM

"Based on all the foregoing information , there is probable cause to believe that evidence of
the above -listed crimes exists in the below described digital devices and that there is probable cause to seize and search those devices for the evidence of the above crimesfor the date range
August 21, 2022 to 11:59 p.m. on November 14 , 2022 including :
Evidence of other accounts associated with this device including email addresses, social
media accounts , messaging "app accounts ,and other accounts that may be accessed
through the digital device that will aid in determining the possessor user of the device ;
Photographs, images, videos , documents, and related data created , accessed ,read,
modified,received, stored , sent, moved, deleted or otherwise manipulated between the
above dates;Evidence of use of the device to conduct internet searches relating to a review of other
murders or violent assaults/ stabbing and/or cutting of people , as well as how to avoid detection after the commission of such crimes ; details of the 1122 King Road house, its
location/neighborhood , and/ or information about one or more of the victims Ethan
Chapin , Kaylee Goncalves, Xana Kernodle , Madison Mogen, B.F.D.M.Informationthat can be used to calculate the position of the device between the above dates, including location data ; GPS satellite data ; GPS coordinates for routes and
destination queries between the above listed dates; app data or usage information andrelated location information; IP logs or similar internet connection information, and/or images created, accessed or modified between the above-listed dates, together with theirmetadata and EXIF tags ;Evidence of the identity of the person in possession of the device on or about any times
that items of evidentiary value , located pursuant to this warrant , were created modified
accessed or otherwise manipulated . Such evidence may be found in digital
communications , photos and video and associated metadata , IP logs , documents , social
media activity , and similar data;"

EBM: spelling

Last edited:
Something else that has struck me as odd is the Kohberger family statement. It doesn't come out and say Bryan did not commit these horrendous acts, it says they "promote his presumption of innocence" and "as a family we will love and support our son and brother".
Unfortunately, I think that based on the public evidence and their own gut feeling, they know he is guilty. They are of course probably shocked etc, but they are also being realistic and trying to grasp all that. And keeping the relations with both him and the public.
And has it been confirmed that the IG messages were to KG?
Not even the messages have been confirmed, let alone who they were for.
I, for one, still think it's more likely they were for Maddie, though I must admit that KGs social media presence was a bit larger.

The detailed LE Application for search warrant document fro BK's residence, shows that LE requested that the warrant cover digital data from August 21 2022 to Nov 14th 2022. This is a massive doc. So surely this means that LE is only interested in digital data from August 21 2022 (at least as pertains to devices seized from the residence). This makes me think that it is possible that the first of the 12 phone Pings referenced in the PCA occurred on or after August 21 2022. Just my thoughts and MOO.

I think this is around pp 23-24, but the whole doc is attached below this quote. BBM

"Based on all the foregoing information , there is probable cause to believe that evidence of
the above -listed crimes exists in the below described digital devices and that there is probable cause to seize and search those devices for the evidence of the above crimesfor the date range August 21, 2022 to 11:59 p.m. on November 14 , 2022 including :
Evidence of other accounts associated with this device including email addresses, social
media accounts , messaging "app accounts ,and other accounts that may be accessed
through the digital device that will aid in determining the possessor user of the device ;
Photographs, images, videos , documents, and related data created , accessed ,read,
modified,received, stored , sent, moved, deleted or otherwise manipulated between the
above dates;Evidence of use of the device to conduct internet searches relating to a review of other murders or violent assaults/ stabbing and/or cutting of people , as well as how to avoid detection after the commission of such crimes ; details of the 1122 King Road house, its
location/neighborhood , and/ or information about one or more of the victims Ethan
Chapin , Kaylee Goncalves, Xana Kernodle , Madison Mogen, B.F.D.M.Informationthat can be used to calculate the position of the device between the above dates, including location data ; GPS satellite data ; GPS coordinates for routes and destination queries between the above listed dates; app data or usage information andrelated location information; IP logs or similar internet connection information, and/or images created, accessed or modified between the above-listed dates, together with theirmetadata and EXIF tags ;Evidence of the identity of the person in possession of the device on or about any times
that items of evidentiary value , located pursuant to this warrant , were created modified
accessed or otherwise manipulated . Such evidence may be found in digital
communications , photos and video and associated metadata , IP logs , documents , social
media activity , and similar data;"

His ticket (seatbelt) was August 21st 11:40.

According to the ticket, Kohberger was pulled over on Sunday, August 21 at 11:40 p.m. at the intersection of Farm Rd & W Pullman Rd in Moscow, Idaho near the University of Idaho campus.

IMO they got a few swabs and the DNA that came up was from the dad, even though BK's DNA was probably in the mix as well.
With the popularity of sites allowing people to do geneological research, has come the new quasi-scientific sites like "23 and me", where, for a small fee, you can send away your dna and receive a detailed profile of your family. Law enforcement has used these dna samples, to search for suspects. Bryan Kohberger: Father’s DNA Helped Develop Suspect, Reports Say

His ticket (seatbelt) was August 21st 11:40.

According to the ticket, Kohberger was pulled over on Sunday, August 21 at 11:40 p.m. at the intersection of Farm Rd & W Pullman Rd in Moscow, Idaho near the University of Idaho campus.
Yes, I tend to think that the ticket coincided with the first of the 12 phone pings per PCA - the ticket was a late night one. This would be supported by the information I posted direct from the Application for Search Warrant. MOO

I think your're right in that this was said immediately after BK's arrest and prior to the public release of the PCA IIRC. MOO. I feel sad for BK's family.

I think that is almost always the case where they say they are innocent. The perpetrator might be so embarrassed that he/she constantly lies to the family.

I think your're right in that this was said immediately after BK's arrest and prior to the public release of the PCA IIRC. MOO. I feel sad for BK's family.
Agree, very sad for them.
If anyone is found that was egging him on, say from some on line forum, they need to be found and charged with accessory.

For me, it's all about the timing of these supposed happenings. Was he actually driving by the house 12x since August, but didn't go to MG until later? Or did he go to MG over the summer and THEN start driving by? Why not DM until November? Was it escalating, or not?
MOO, the first of the 12 pings reffed in PCA could have been Aug 21, based on the time frame LE cited when seeking warrant to search digital data generated by BK's use of his devices (Part of LE listed reasons for search warrant of his devices in the residence).

pp23-24.

I wonder what BK's dad thought watching his son clean the interior of his car excessively for 5 hours...and then not even wash the outside.

Kohberger, who was pursuing a PhD in criminal justice at Washington State University at the time of the killings, "cleaned his car, inside and outside, not missing an inch," according to the law enforcement source.

---snipped for focus---
Again, if my child was murdered, I'd be happy to go to jail for my freedom to talk about it - if a judge told me I couldn't, I wouldn't obey. I would use my own sense and feeling and I think victims' families should be able to. I don't see any Supreme Court or Federal District Court rulings supporting this judge's decision (and she probably won't be the judge throughout the whole case, especially if both media and the families sue - it just spends more resources that could be spent on actually finding justice for the four victims).
From your lips to God's ears.

I wouldn't obey either and I don't think any judge--worth his or her merit--would want to jail the parent of a murdered child.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member