ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was asked before but did any of the girls spend the summer in Moscow, working or did they all arrive in time for fall semester? I know there was some question if BK moved there in August or June( has that been cleared up?). Im just curious , when his first encounter with one of them may have bee?
When Maddie's LinkedIn profile was available for viewing it showed that she did a summer internship with a company located in Boise. It doesn't indicate if she lived in Boise for that entire time, only lived there during the week and returned to Moscow on weekends, or was able to complete the internship from a distance via online activity while living in Moscow (or a combination of distance and in person activity).
Unfortunately, I did not take a screen shot of her LinkedIn page and it no longer comes up for viewing.
But perhaps someone else viewed the page and did take a screen shot?

However, the article below includes an Instagram post by Maddie that says:

maddiemogen

hi boise can’t wait for summer w you !

Theey do need a wawrrant except if they have probable causeI thought the whole idea of getting DNA from trash is that no search warrant is required.
This really shocked me, Maybe his father's dna wasn't even needed: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article271252642.html
BBM I think it means EC were more like deep cuts/slashes where as the girls were stabs. Stabs are usually deeper than it's length on the skin. JMO
Sharp Force Injury (From Medicolegal Investigation of Death, P 159-201, 1980, by Werner U Spitz and Russell S Fisher - See NCJ-69730) | Office of Justice Programs.

One thing that has perplexed me is his Pennsylvania Public Defender stating BK is "eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible". Then, BK gets back to Idaho and waives his right to a quick preliminary hearing where he *might* have a shot at bail.

I know it's highly unlikely he would get out on bail but the chances would be higher than they are right now with him sitting in a jail cell until June with no bail opportunity. So much for him wanting to resolve "these matters as promptly as possible".

Something else that has struck me as odd is the Kohberger family statement. It doesn't come out and say Bryan did not commit these horrendous acts, it says they "promote his presumption of innocence" and "as a family we will love and support our son and brother". If I was certain my child had not done this, I would be using much more definitive language in proclaiming their innocence.

well, we'll find out more.
Perhaps they are in denial but have witnessed strange violent behavior when he was living at home.

"PEOPLE has also confirmed, via an investigator familiar with the case, that law enforcement is aware of the restaurant visits and that investigators have interviewed employees and owners of the Mad Greek."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really really hope this isn't the G's family PI leaking info about the investigation to the press. Someone might need their gag tightened.
Since Moscow is such a small college town and he was vegan I'd be shocked if he never went. Finally, someone admitted he went a few times. I am sure the owner of The Mad Greek just wants to deny it though. I mean who wants to admit a killer ate at your restaurant could be bad for business to be associated with it. However, Ted Bundy frequented Dante's Tavern and it didn't affect business.

Last edited:
One thing that has perplexed me is his Pennsylvania Public Defender stating BK is "eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible". Then, BK gets back to Idaho and waives his right to a quick preliminary hearing where he *might* have a shot at bail.

I know it's highly unlikely he would get out on bail but the chances would be higher than they are right now with him sitting in a jail cell until June with no bail opportunity. So much for him wanting to resolve "these matters as promptly as possible".
He doesn't have to wait for a preliminary hearing to have a shot at bail. Bail was requested and denied at the initial court appearance. And I don't think it would be correct to characterize the defense as stalling since the prosecution asked for the preliminary hearing to be put off even farther out - July.

On the podcast The Murder Sheet that was linked here, a defense attorney talks about possible defenses like someone stealing his car and his cell phone. It was so interesting. He said that defense attorneys can't just throw out ideas without any evidence to back them up. If BK tried to say that someone stole his car and his phone all of those times that it was seen/pinged near the house, then he has to provide evidence to prove it. Did he file a police report for the stolen items? Does he have a witness that will testify to stealing the car? He said a judge will not allow these theories to be introduced to a jury without corroborating evidence.

Thank you to whoever linked that podcast. Both defense attorneys that were interviewed said the case is very strong, LE did a fantastic job, and it is their opinions that the best a defense attorney is going to be able to do for BK is to try and avoid the death penalty.

Since Moscow os such a small college town and he was vegan I'd be shocked if he never went. Finally, someone admitted he went a few times. I am sure the owner of The Mad Greek just wants to deny it though. I mean who wants to admit a killer ate at your restaurant could be bad for business to be associated with it. However, Ted Bundy frequented Dante's Tavern and it didn't affect business.
It might even attract some weirdos.
Black PR.
JMO

Also, LE has stated that they do not believe anyone else was involved. Given that they know so much more than the public does, and they've done such a great job so far, I believe them. I don't understand the speculation that there must have been someone else. All evidence points to the fact that he did this alone.

He doesn't have to wait for a preliminary hearing to have a shot at bail. Bail was requested and denied at the initial court appearance. And I don't think it would be correct to characterize the defense as stalling since the prosecution asked for the preliminary hearing to be put off even farther out - July.
How long is from preliminary hearing to the actual trial?

On the podcast The Murder Sheet that was linked here, a defense attorney talks about possible defenses like someone stealing his car and his cell phone. It was so interesting. He said that defense attorneys can't just throw out ideas without any evidence to back them up. If BK tried to say that someone stole his car and his phone all of those times that it was seen/pinged near the house, then he has to provide evidence to prove it. Did he file a police report for the stolen items? Does he have a witness that will testify to stealing the car? He said a judge will not allow these theories to be introduced to a jury without corroborating evidence.

Thank you to whoever linked that podcast. Both defense attorneys that were interviewed said the case is very strong, LE did a fantastic job, and it is their opinions that the best a defense attorney is going to be able to do for BK is to try and avoid the death penalty.

Without a police report that night stating his car was stolen with his cell phone and Ka-Bar knife this will be hard to buy.
Someone stole his car for a crime spree joyride and returned it cleaned and back at the apt?
Now, if there's a police report of a stolen car with his cell inside that would be different.

Sounds right to me, defense can't just say BK's phone was nicked that night, or car stolen so as to generate an alibi for him. They would have to offer some sort of proof to make that assertion reasonably probable IMO. Without anything to support, those are just assertions based on nothing. MOO

Without a police report that night stating his car was stolen with his cell phone and Ka-Bar knife this will be hard to buy.
Someone stole his car for a crime spree joyride and returned it cleaned and back at the apt?
Now, if there's a police report of a stolen car with his cell inside that would be different.
But then his 12 middle of the night stalking adventures would need to be explained away. Difficult defense to buy. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie