ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO Just a couple of things I’ve been thinking about….
Murphy - It might be a long shot, but here’s hoping that the one animal hair is a match (Ha ha, I got grief for wanting to know all details re Murphy as I thought it could be important - fingers crossed here!)
Single black glove - <modsnip - no link> - one also mentioned as collected in the search warrant.
IMO

All it takes is ONE hair from one of the victims and/or the dog. That's it.

I think BK went to MG initially for food and stumbled upon one of the girls, was somehow able to get her name and voila! He now has access to the other roommates through just one of the girls SM. Just IMO.
It would be quite easy, All you need to do is look at Mad Greek's Instagram, look for the girl's photo, and see if they list her name or if she commented on the photo there's a direct link to her account. It's easier now for stalkers with social media.

Again, if my child was murdered, I'd be happy to go to jail for my freedom to talk about it - if a judge told me I couldn't, I wouldn't obey.
Agreed!

<modsnip - Quoted post removed - No links/no way to confirm accts belong to BK>
I wonder if the judge added the families because she "thinks" SG have been too vocal and may say something that needs to be kept close to the vest for the good of the trial? Not saying I agree with this just speculating the reasoning...

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be quite easy, All you need to do is look at Mad Greek's Instagram, look for the girl's photo, and see if they list her name or if she commented on the photo there's a direct link to her account. It's easier now for stalkers with social media.
Conversely, it would be even easier to drive around, spot a bunch of girls living in a weird house in a dark, dark neighborhood, without many curtains or blinds and a large dark back yard with a sliding glass door that butts up against a secluded parking lot and woods.

I think this is one of those chicken/egg type of things.

1. Did Kohberger begin stalking the residents of 1122 King Road and expand his stalking ground to The Mad Greek?

or

2. Did Kohberger visit The Mad Greek for their vegan options and encounter Maddie and Xana there?

I'm taking option 2 for today.

JMO
I would choose B as well, unless he haunted Greek Row, wished he was invited to the frat parties, and happened to notice all the attractive roommates outside of the house. Someone suggested maybe he was checking out possible Ph.D. programs in several cities and researched vegan restaurants noticed the cute employees and became fixated on M&X. For some reason I'm not he stalked just one I think he stalked all three possibly Ethan too. Became obsessed with the employees at The Mad Greek followed their Instagrams found out they were roomies. This stalking could have gone on online for years. His computer should reveal this info.

Unfortunately, I think that based on the public evidence and their own gut feeling, they know he is guilty. They are of course probably shocked etc, but they are also being realistic and trying to grasp all that. And keeping the relations with both him and the public.

Not even the messages have been confirmed, let alone who they were for.
I, for one, still think it's more likely they were for Maddie, though I must admit that KGs social media presence was a bit larger.

I bet his sisters have stories about his behavior that maybe the Mom & Dad are in denial about.
If they could discuss his behavior growing up publicly it would be revealing.

Agreed!

<Modsnip - quoted post removed - No links/no way to confirm accts belong to BK>

I wonder if the judge added the families because she "thinks" SG have been too vocal and may say something that needs to be kept close to the vest?
The only reason for a gag order is is to facilitate an effective continuance of an active investigation and a fair non-appealable trial.
And they are temporary.
Would be sad if some comments prevented some evidence from being found or used.
<modsnip - incel discussion is off limits>

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, stalking has been made so much easier now with social media :(

Since he had once been documented creeping on workers at a brewery (asked them where they lived!) and subsequently asked to leave, I think its quite possible he visited multiple establishments while "shopping" in Moscow for victims, and perhaps MM and XK were particularly easy to track online.

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:
1. The attorneys for any interested party in this case, including the prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and any attorney representing a witness, victim, or victim's family, as well as the parties to the above entitled action

Since, at the beginning of the sentence, they specifically refer to: witnesses, victims and victim's families as the interested parties being represented by the attorneys, I am pretty sure that they are the same parties being referred to as the sentence continues: as well as the parties. I think what you are referring to (employees, clerks etc) would properly be called associates, rather than parties.

I do know that several MSM are reporting that the gag order does indeed include the families:

Idaho Judge Expands Bryan Kohberger Gag Order to Include Victims’ Families

It has also barred victims’ families from giving out any information relating to the case.

I would also add that we aren't the only ones struggling to digest the wording.

The Latah County Clerk’s Office declined to provide any clarity stating that they can’t “interpret the order.” When asked if there was someone who could interpret the order, a Statesman reporter was told “no.”
It seems to be directed at lawyers, jmo.
And while LeBar may not be a member of the Idaho Bar and cannot be sanctioned by an Idaho judge, she could file an ethics complaint with the PA Bar if he keeps giving information to the public that he is privy to due to his attorney/client privilege with the defendant, putting a fair trial at risk including interfering with the possibility of seating an impartial jury.
The other person this is directed to, in my opinion, is Shannon Grey.
The justice system needs to be allowed to do its job without outside influence that could effect witnesses testimony, or interfere with the jury and trial. Jmo.

Conversely, it would be even easier to drive around, spot a bunch of girls living in a weird house in a dark, dark neighborhood, without many curtains or blinds and a large dark back yard with a sliding glass door that butts up against a secluded parking lot and woods.

True! Since he is an insomniac and was bored at night he might have stalked, staked out several neighbors, and houses, and researched if the houses had alarms, and security cameras too.
I knew a guy who stalked women and men in the '90s BEFORE Instagram and FB, and he would fixate on a person he saw in public anywhere, a bar, a store, grocery store then follow them home, take note of the address then spend weeks, months years stalking them because he was BORED and was an INSOMNIAC.
He admitted this behavior to me because he assumed all men do this BEFORE they decide to ask a woman out on a date.
He kept notebooks filled with info he'd befriend their friends and learn everything about them.
He thought it romantic and he was a secret admirer but he was a STALKER. He creeped me out. He later admitted to breaking in and stealing garments or reading their journals, So he did NOT fear entering their homes!
He was later caught breaking into his ex's apt but cops let him go because he said he was heartbroken.
He was accused later in the disappearance of a woman in the PNW.
In Brian's mind, he probably ASSUMES his behavior is normal and within his right to observe others. Or he is aware his behavior scares people and learned to NOT discuss it with anyone except maybe another creepy guy like a close friend or cousin etc...

I would choose B as well, unless he haunted Greek Row, wished he was invited to the frat parties, and happened to notice all the attractive roommates outside of the house. Someone suggested maybe he was checking out possible Ph.D. programs in several cities and researched vegan restaurants noticed the cute employees and became fixated on M&X. For some reason I'm not he stalked just one I think he stalked all three possibly Ethan too. Became obsessed with the employees at The Mad Greek followed their Instagrams found out they were roomies. This stalking could have gone on online for years. His computer should reveal this info.
Have you found an IG for The Mad Greek? One of my reasons for picking the option he saw Maddie and Xena while in the restaurant is their FB is very good at not splashing photos of staff all over their page.

The only reason for a gag order is is to facilitate an effective continuance of an active investigation and a fair non-appealable trial.
And they are temporary.
Would be sad if some comments prevented some evidence from being found or used.
As shown by fake accounts, there is support for the incel type killer, and some supporter could mess with evidence before it’s collected.
Ohhhhhh OK. I had been thinking it was so they would be able to find enough people for a jury.

Stalking is pretty specific, and it usually takes very accurate documentation to make an accusation, let alone make it stick. So, facts are important. IIRC, there was someone who established that he had not been following any of them at the time of his arrest so all of the accounts are fakes. He may have been stalking, but not that way.

The instagram messages are not substantiated at this point, so I'm not considering them in my own list of facts.

The 12 pings in the area ARE interesting and I'm waiting to see where that actually locates a person.

It's interesting that there was no one who could remember him at that restaurant for a long time and then suddenly they can. I wonder what jogged their memory.
IMO, maybe someone who USED TO work there was re-hired back.

Let's hope that's the result. We really don't have a long enough history of the ways in which the press has interfered with trial verdicts to know.

In today's world, the chances of us getting all the details of this case (the allowed details) are small, for any particular detail. Those of us who really make it a daily habit to TRY and capture the details in this case still get things wrong.

There's a fine balance between allowing rampant speculation that he is innocent (sometimes by bizarre theories) and gagging people who actually know the facts (prosecution; defense; LE, etc).
Generally, public policy on this subject is driven by the Constitutional rights to a fair and public trial before an impartial tribunal v the freedom of the press. See, Press-Enterprise Co. v. Superior Court of California, 464 U.S. 501 (1984), which rejected a court order closing the voir dire proceedings before a trial, and stated the general rule how courts should balancing openness with other proceedings:

"Closed proceedings, although not absolutely precluded, must be rare and only for cause shown that outweighs the value of openness. The presumption of openness may be overcome only by an overriding interest based on findings that closure is essential to preserve higher values and is narrowly tailored to serve that interest."

So, the hearings will all be open, as will documents filed in court for the most part.

The rule as to proceedings does not extend to criminal justice records in every jurisdiction, however. See, In Re Sir Mario Owens, 2018 CO 55 (2018), (SCOTUS denied review in 2018). Different state laws set the balance on these records differently.

The Idaho Public Records Act restricts access to law enforcement records on the following grounds:

"Section 74-124. EXEMPTIONS FROM DISCLOSURE — CONFIDENTIALITY.

(1) Notwithstanding any statute or rule of court to the contrary, nothing in this chapter nor chapter 10, title 59, Idaho Code, shall be construed to require disclosure of investigatory records compiled for law enforcement purposes by a law enforcement agency, but such exemption from disclosure applies only to the extent that the production of such records would:

(a) Interfere with enforcement proceedings;

(b) Deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication;

(c) Constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;

(d) Disclose the identity of a confidential source and, in the case of a record compiled by a criminal law enforcement agency in the course of a criminal investigation, confidential information furnished only by the confidential source;

(e) Disclose investigative techniques and procedures;

(f) Endanger the life or physical safety of law enforcement personnel; or

(g) Disclose the identity of a reporting party maintained by any law enforcement entity or the department of health and welfare relating to the investigation of child abuse, neglect or abandonment unless the reporting party consents in writing to the disclosure or the disclosure of the reporting party’s identity is required in any administrative or judicial proceeding."

Agreed, stalking has been made so much easier now with social media :(

Since he had once been documented creeping on workers at a brewery (asked them where they lived!) and subsequently asked to leave, I think its quite possible he visited multiple establishments while "shopping" in Moscow for victims, and perhaps MM and XK were particularly easy to track online.
I've often that that his comment about the "shopping" being better in Moscow had a dark connotation to it.

It seems to be directed at lawyers, jmo.
And while LeBar may not be a member of the Idaho Bar and cannot be sanctioned by an Idaho judge, she could file an ethics complaint with the PA Bar if he keeps giving information to the public that he is privy to due to his attorney/client privilege with the defendant, putting a fair trial at risk including interfering with the possibility of seating an impartial jury.
The other person this is directed to, in my opinion, is Shannon Grey.
The justice system needs to be allowed to do its job without outside influence that could effect witnesses testimony, or interfere with the jury and trial. Jmo.
On the new Gag generally: I am not a lawyer and this is only my reading of this, but are not the "Parties" to the matter (The charge of murder)" the State of Idaho and Bryan Kohnberger? To my reading, state of idaho parties are law enforcement involved currently or previouslyand any other authority involved past or present in the case - coroner for e.g?. Otherwise the additional gag applies to Attorneys of the accused (past and present in this matter),Attorneys of the state and *Attorneys of the families of the deceased and witnesses (roomates Attorneys if any) MOO.IDK, I could be missing something vital here but that is the way document reads to me. MOO JMVHO

ETA Link to the document in Media Thread (no discussion in that thread)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member