ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was the defense that requested the preliminary hearing be held in June, and then the judge asked the prosecution if they had any problems with that, and the prosecutor replied that he preferred a week or two later due to some calendar conflicts?
That's how I remember it...MOO Is there a source?

I had to look up the definition of dirk. Lord have mercy. That sentence is chilling. What the hell happened in that house to those poor people?
I think the details there are to cover LE, so there's no "the search warrant was for a ka-bar knife and you had no right to take my client's Highlander-style dagger."

For me, it's all about the timing of these supposed happenings. Was he actually driving by the house 12x since August, but didn't go to MG until later? Or did he go to MG over the summer and THEN start driving by? Why not DM until November? Was it escalating, or not?
I would think that he spotted MX at Mad Greek once he got to town and was looking for places to eat. I wonder if they wear name tags at MG. I would think finding them online and riding by their house would have come after spotting them.

The article you reference is from a local reporter, and it does not say that she contacted the manager. It shows a stock picture of MG and says the reporter contacted "staff" (IMO, whoever answered the phone). No manager. She does not say how many people she talked to, but whoever was there during school break (I believe the restaurant was operating on a reduced schedule in between Dec 20 and about January 7), answered her question and said they had not seen Bryan. One employee, IMO.

The more recent story quotes two employees, I believe, at least one of whom is an ex-employee. And the ex-employee remembers BK.

I would think that any sensible person who wanted to know if BK was at MadGreek would want to interview more than 1-2 people.

I know plenty of low carb people and was near zero carb myself for a couple of years. We/they order pizza and just eat the toppings.
I saw a different tweet because the one I saw did not have a photo with it. Never saw one that referenced two employees (or, one current and one former) either so we are not on the same page but thank you for clarifying!

I think the details there are to cover LE, so there's no "the search warrant was for a ka-bar knife and you had no right to take my client's Highlander-style dagger."
That's the way I see it..got no energy to read anything more into it than standard issue search warrant item when murder with a sharp implement has been committed....MOO

I would think that he spotted MX at Mad Greek once he got to town and was looking for places to eat. I wonder if they wear name tags at MG. I would think finding them online and riding by their house would have come after spotting them.
I have never been to the Moscow area, but at least around here, and most other areas I have eaten, I do not recall the last time, if ever, that I was waited on by a server wearing a name badge. For obvious safety reasons alone, I would think most restaurants would see the potential danger in that. Also, if BK only ordered a vegan pizza when he visited, I think it is maybe more likely that he got one to go, rather than sat at a table, ordered one, and ate it alone. (not that there is anything wrong with that, but it is something I, and I think many others, would probably not do. Also, I suppose he could have been dining with someone, but it seems whoever remembered him being there would have perhaps noted that). JMO

Last edited:
With the popularity of sites allowing people to do geneological research, has come the new quasi-scientific sites like "23 and me", where, for a small fee, you can send away your dna and receive a detailed profile of your family. Law enforcement has used these dna samples, to search for suspects. Bryan Kohberger: Father’s DNA Helped Develop Suspect, Reports Say

23andme has yet to ever give over DNA samples to LE, to my knowledge.

GEDMatch allows people to upload their full 23 or Ancestry results to an open database, used by LE. You can find 23andme's policies on their website. They battle every subpoena and so far have been successful (for good legal and scientific reasons). Ancestry has, I believe, given over DNA exactly one time (with a subpoena). Their system of DNA analysis is different to 23's.

The father's DNA came from the trash, IMO. Until I see from LE otherwise, I'm going with the trash theory, as I believe that's supported by the PCA. By now, so many posts here and elsewhere insist that some larger database was used, but I believe that all goes back to speculation by Nancy Grace and others. They didn't need a nationwide data base once those Pullman police officers alerted them to Kohberger's car and they had his name.

It's still possible they used GEDMatch. Not saying they didn't. But 23 and Ancestry do not easily release data to LE without an extensive court battle, which they usually win. For good reasons.

He could have just come in to pick up a takeout order. It may be that the ended up tracking him through credit card receipts.

LE has not mentioned any trips to Mad Greek, have they? Isn't this information coming from employees/former employees?

Have we heard about any credit card receipts?

That's how I remember it...MOO Is there a source?

Below is a link to the status conference that was held on the case on January 12th.

The defense requested the preliminary hearing be moved out to to third or fourth week of June to allow time to receive discovery and prepare.

The state had no objections, and the prosecutor said that it would be even better for the state's calendar if the prelim was held at the end of July.

The judge responded that it would be better for the court's calendar at the end of June . . .

So if LE has Dna sample can they now submit it as a john doe and see who comes up as a relative.

While I'm not sure I agree with what you posted there, I have a
I wondered when a grand jury would get this, I have no doubt one will return a "true bill, as they say.

Sounds right to me, defense can't just say BK's phone was nicked that night, or car stolen so as to generate an alibi for him. They would have to offer some sort of proof to make that assertion reasonably probable IMO. Without anything to support, those are just assertions based on nothing. MOO

23andme has yet to ever give over DNA samples to LE, to my knowledge.

GEDMatch allows people to upload their full 23 or Ancestry results to an open database, used by LE. You can find 23andme's policies on their website. They battle every subpoena and so far have been successful (for good legal and scientific reasons). Ancestry has, I believe, given over DNA exactly one time (with a subpoena). Their system of DNA analysis is different to 23's.

The father's DNA came from the trash, IMO. Until I see from LE otherwise, I'm going with the trash theory, as I believe that's supported by the PCA. By now, so many posts here and elsewhere insist that some larger database was used, but I believe that all goes back to speculation by Nancy Grace and others. They didn't need a nationwide data base once those Pullman police officers alerted them to Kohberger's car and they had his name.

It's still possible they used GEDMatch. Not saying they didn't. But 23 and Ancestry do not easily release data to LE without an extensive court battle, which they usually win. For good reasons.
With Kohberger doing his own dna search, (link posted earlier today) maybe cops used that?

I'm having a really hard time with the idea that one of the four victims was targeted and the other three were collateral damage. I've read all the scenarios with X seeing him, running to get E, etc., but it still doesn't seem likely to me. He had a relatively easy escape route via the third floor or kitchen, so was it truly necessary to kill X and E in X's room? IDK...I feel like there is an element to this story that we have not heard about yet.

ETA: I also don't buy that he targeted both M and X (from MG). JMO. That just doesn't seem plausible, although I get that a person like this doesn't think in a logical way...

I'm having a really hard time with the idea that one of the four victims was targeted and the other three were collateral damage. I've read all the scenarios with X seeing him, running to get E, etc., but it still doesn't seem likely to me. He had a relatively easy escape route via the third floor or kitchen, so was it truly necessary to kill X and E in X's room? IDK...I feel like there is an element to this story that we have not heard about yet.
I don't think he targeted any particular victim. I think the HOUSE was the target, a place where 5-6 beautiful, smart, successful young women were living (and where one of their boyfriends was visiting, which BK might not have known.) I think he went there to do mass murder and killed the victims he found. He might not have know where all the bedrooms were or he might have been startled by encountering Ethan and left without killing the other housemates. It's possible that one of the women might have been most attractive to him, but if a single person was targeted, it would be moronic to do a home invasion slaughter of 3 more people, in a situation where he might be seen or overpowered.

Last edited:
I don't think he targeted any particular victim. I think the HOUSE was the target, a place where 5-6 beautiful, smart, successful young women were living (and where one of their boyfriends was visiting, which BK might not have known. I think he went there to do mass murder and killed the victims he found. He might not have know where all the bedrooms were or he might have been startled by encountering Ethan and left without killing the other housemates. It's possible that one of the women might have been most attractive to him, but if a single person was targeted, it would be moronic to do a home invasion slaughter of 3 more people, in a situation where he might be seen or overpowered.
These are pretty much my thoughts, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie