ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
On 1/19, TMZ, "turned" the dog bark heard on the neighbor's camera into definitely Murphy's bark, despite a lack of confirmation from LE or any source that would know this to be true.
"The doc[ument]s say a dog was heard barking at 4:17 AM the night of the murders ... the dog, Murphy, belonged to victim Kaylee Goncalves, and was found unharmed in her room."
In the early reports a nearby neighbor said she would walk her dog past the house, could be her dog.

That's the window to the right of the sliding door from the outside. A poster showed pictures earlier of the two women dusting for fingerprints on the same window. I thought earlier LE said entry could be sliding door or kitchen window.

Here is a better view of the red blotch.

1674393511744.png
Here

While I was checking out the photos of this window, when I zoomed in, I noticed they are swabbing a red blotch on this window. JMO
Are you 100% positive they are actually swabbing it, not inspecting it and pointing at something?
MOO:
Only asking, because they're looking at the outside side of the glass. If they are stabbing it, there's blood on the outside.
Not directly connected, but I did and still do think that the soil from the potted plant being on the counter right there is connected to the crime in some way - teenagers can be messy, but knocking a plant (that's so far back on the counter) so that the soil is spattered onto the kitchen counter and then also not cleaning it up does not seem likely to me (especially as we know from the roommates TikTok that at least Xana was somewhat concerned with keeping the place neat) - and the take-out bag is also right there.

No, I do not know what to make of it all.

Are you 100% positive they are actually swabbing it, not inspecting it and pointing at something?
MOO:
Only asking, because they're looking at the outside side of the glass. If they are stabbing it, there's blood on the outside.
Not directly connected, but I did and still do think that the soil from the potted plant being on the counter right there is connected to the crime in some way - teenagers can be messy, but knocking a plant (that's so far back on the counter) so that the soil is spattered onto the kitchen counter and then also not cleaning it up does not seem likely to me (especially as we know from the roommates TikTok that at least Xana was somewhat concerned with keeping the place neat) - and the take-out bag is also right there.

Zoom in, you can see the swab in the hand of the guy on the left. JMO

It could be any dog in the neighborhood for sure! Not sure why TMZ has decided to go beyond what LE has confirmed in this case.
This neighbor lives next door, maybe in the house with the camera. She doesn't mention any barking.

Anna C., 29, a U of I master’s student in environmental science who declined to provide her last name, lives with her boyfriend next to the victims’ home in the 1100 block of King Road.

Snip

Anna actually awoke at about 2 a.m. that Sunday, she said, when Spot, the couple’s 7-year-old Alaskan husky mix, began heaving. That’s when she noticed the rare calm of the neighborhood, Anna said. But she couldn’t get back to sleep, so played a computer game until what she estimated was about 5 a.m. She toggled between taking her headphones on and off “just to enjoy the quiet,” Anna said. She repeated what she said she told police later that day when they came to her door: She didn’t hear anything overnight that seemed concerning.

Last edited:
MOO:

Can't be 100%, I don't see him bagging the swab. There is only a photo of him doing what looks like swabbing, and a second photo of him holding the swab. JMO

Here is a better view of the red blotch.

View attachment 396979
Here
That's the other window over the sink. Wonder what they are doing. Isn't that the Jack in the Box bag with the red stuff on it? I know the bag was near the sink. Also next to it was a small plant in a pot that looked like it had spilled over.

Like I said, they also dusted the other window.

ETA picture of window from inside scroll down

Last edited:
<modsnip>

Chew on this. Maybe Kohberger will try to argue that he was framed—that one of his students pocketed his keys and duplicated them at some point and then stole his car in order to commit the murder. He could claim that there was a day when his keys vanished from his office at school and then mysteriously showed up again at the end of the day. He could claim that whoever stole his keys had access to his apartment and stole the sheath that was planted at the crime scene and the knife used to commit the crime. He could claim that any evidence found in is apartment was planted there by the perp. He could even say that he had left his phone in his car and that's why it pinged near the crime scene.

It's a wacky defense, but we've seen other wacky defense scenarios create reasonable doubt with juries. Casey Anthony's attorney concocted a story with no supporting evidence whatsoever, the feckless judge allowed it, and the brain-dead jurors swallowed it.

Kohberger could say, "I have a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice. Would I really be stupid enough to drive my own car to commit a quadruple homicide and take my phone with me?" A jury might fall for it. (I don't have a heck of a lot of faith in the jury system; I think it's about as accurate as the medieval trial by ordeal.)

Last edited by a moderator:
While I was checking out the photos of this window, when I zoomed in, I noticed they are swabbing a red blotch on this window. JMO

edit added fox news link for photo source
View attachment 396977
Are you possibly referring to the red tape on the brown paper bag that can be seen through the window?

edit added fox news link for photo source
View attachment 396977
from WS member cujenna's collection of images, same day

That's the other window over the sink. Wonder what they are doing. Isn't that the Jack in the Box bag with the red stuff on it? I know the bag was near the sink. Also next to it was a small plant in a pot that looked like it had spilled over.

Like I said, they also dusted the other window.
So, At first I thought the window was open, cause it did look like the bag. But when he has the swab there, there is reflection from the flashlight so I think the window is closed. It is hard to tell whether the red is on the window or the bag, to me. So they could be swabbing a print?

The other thing I notice is the bag in the swab photo looks like it is right in front of the window and in another photo looks like it is behind the sink in front of the plant? Two bags?
1674395092842.png
1674395130050.png

On 1/19, TMZ, "turned" the dog bark heard on the neighbor's camera into definitely Murphy's bark, despite a lack of confirmation from LE or any source that would know this to be true.
"The doc[ument]s say a dog was heard barking at 4:17 AM the night of the murders ... the dog, Murphy, belonged to victim Kaylee Goncalves, and was found unharmed in her room."
Yes, I agree\think that's true. Also, AFAIK, it hasn't been confirmed by LE or any verified LE source that there were no other dogs in the vicinity at that time.[ EBM unsupported conjecture]. From the wording in the PCA re repeated barking at 4.17, I'm inclined to believe, that LE, at least at the time of writing and therefore prior, could not be certain that the barking dog was Murphy. MOO

Does anyone have any theories as to why no screams were heard? TIA! I know it'll be opinion only, but I'm curious what others' thoughts are on the topic.

He made so many mistakes that I now can't imagine that he's very experienced. I'm actually surprised that he was able to commit the murders and escape the house that night. AMOO

Are you possibly referring to the red tape on the brown paper bag that can be seen through the window?
Could be, but the red does look uneven and blotchy to me...not like tape but that is JMO. I'm gonna go stare at it a bit longer lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Dre
So, At first I thought the window was open, cause it did look like the bag. But when he has the swab there, there is reflection from the flashlight so I think the window is closed. It is hard to tell whether the red is on the window or the bag, to me. So they could be swabbing a print?

The other thing I notice is the bag in the swab photo looks like it is right in front of the window and in another photo looks like it is behind the sink in front of the plant? Two bags?
View attachment 396983
View attachment 396985
In the bottom picture, if you zoom in just a little bit and look at the upper pane of glass, the one that they aren't swabbing, can someone tell me what that face or mask looking thing is in the reflection? It might have been discussed already. If so, I apologize. But it's really disturbing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave