ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't the families already been thru enough, to now live in fear that they may / or may not effect the case?

A new gag order in the Idaho murders case effectively silences victims' families​

"Jon Bruschke, a professor at California State University, Fullerton, who has studied pretrial publicity, told Insider research shows gag orders are often ineffective. The vast majority of criminal defendants who go to trial are convicted with or without the protection of a gag order. "
The word effectively seems to be doing some very heavy lifting there

I wish Kaylee Goncalves traveled to Texas and started her dream job
I wish Madison Mogen finished her marketing major in her senior year, and sought her marketing dream job
I wish Xana Kernodle finished her junior year as a marketing major with amazing grades
I wish Ethan Chapin could still hit the links and play basketball all summer long

I wish this never happened....

There might be a stray hair, but if BK touched the dog with a bloody hand (as speculated in the post), there is no way the dog wouldn't have blood on it, IMO.
BK may not have touched him at all… I have dogs, animal hair floats around in the air and gets all over stuff, whether you intend to touch it or not. JMO.

I wonder why she believes the restaurant knows so much more. I can't imagine LE would have shared any information with them and they haven't given any indication they have.
If you read the MG statement carefully it’s telling, IMO.

I wish Kaylee Goncalves traveled to Texas and started her dream job
I wish Madison Mogen finished her marketing major in her senior year, and sought her marketing dream job
I wish Xana Kernodle finished her junior year as a marketing major with amazing grades
I wish Ethan Chapin could still hit the links and play basketball all summer long

I wish this never happened....
this

Wacky Def. Scenarios? SODDI? Was BCK Framed?
.... Maybe Kohberger will try to argue that he was framed—.... [[[al66pine deleting details]]]
It's a wacky defense, but we've seen other wacky defense scenarios create reasonable doubt with juries....
snipped for focus. @Ozoner (post 71)
Yes, agreeing w you re Casey A’s homicide acquittal in FL. as an example of wacky outcome.

For SODDI to hold here, seems BCK needs a witness on the stand testifying (testiLYING?) that s/he saw the classic “shaggy-haired dude” hanging around Bryan’s office (to lift car & apt keys), ditto someone skulking in or out of BCK’s apt (to plant items taken from 1122 King Rd). Plus same re leaving/planting knife sheath at crime scene.

Assuming for sake of discussion, witness(es) cover(s) those points. One more possible big HURDLE for def to explain away for jury to acquit?
IIRC, PCA says BCK’s DNA was found on knife sheath snap, silent re elsewhere on sheath.
Were other places on sheath tested? Was BCK’s DNA found elsewhere on it?

If sheath belonged to BCK, then seems his DNA would be found elsewhere on sheath, just from handling it, b/c an “Innocent BCK” had no reason to try to wipe DNA off.
If shaggy-haired dude took BCK’s sheath (& knife?) to frame BCK, he had no reason to wipe it or try to wipe an item that presumably should have BCK’s DNA in multiple places on.
But if BCK’s only DNA is on the snap, well, who had reason to wipe off the sheath which may have included BCK’s DNA? Doubtful the shaggy haired dude did it.

Imo jmo moo. I may have missed something re this line of thinking. Anyone?

What statement?
Believe they are referring to the Mad Greek statement

"The news/media should really do their due diligence before running a story with completely fabricated information. This will be my only response to this story from People… It is not true.
This person who wants their 5 minutes of fame has now caused a whole bunch of extra work for myself and the investigators.
I also have not forbidden employees from speaking to reporters. We all decided collectively to support the families and not share anything that could potentially harm the investigation or cause the families more stress.
To all media/reporters/internet sleuths, etc.. please allow us to grieve the loss of our friends and co workers. This has been incredibly hard on us. With our phones ringing off the hook, reporters banging on my door at my private residence and “hunting” down employees as well as showing up constantly at the restaurant, we have not been afforded the time to grieve. Please stop calling, messaging, knocking and showing up. I personally will not be doing any interviews or entertaining wild accusations at this time. My employees also feel the same!
To all others, please don’t believe everything you read. If it’s not coming from the courts or the police, wait until it does or doesn’t before judging.
To everyone who has supported myself, my family and my employees, thank you. Your kind words and support help us get through each day while we navigate these unknown times.
Respectfully,
Jackie Fischer Mad Greek"

Source: Idaho murders: Restaurant where two victims worked disputes report that Bryan Kohberger ate there

Believe they are referring to the Mad Greek statement

"The news/media should really do their due diligence before running a story with completely fabricated information. This will be my only response to this story from People… It is not true.
This person who wants their 5 minutes of fame has now caused a whole bunch of extra work for myself and the investigators.
I also have not forbidden employees from speaking to reporters. We all decided collectively to support the families and not share anything that could potentially harm the investigation or cause the families more stress.
To all media/reporters/internet sleuths, etc.. please allow us to grieve the loss of our friends and co workers. This has been incredibly hard on us. With our phones ringing off the hook, reporters banging on my door at my private residence and “hunting” down employees as well as showing up constantly at the restaurant, we have not been afforded the time to grieve. Please stop calling, messaging, knocking and showing up. I personally will not be doing any interviews or entertaining wild accusations at this time. My employees also feel the same!
To all others, please don’t believe everything you read. If it’s not coming from the courts or the police, wait until it does or doesn’t before judging.
To everyone who has supported myself, my family and my employees, thank you. Your kind words and support help us get through each day while we navigate these unknown times.
Respectfully,
Jackie Fischer Mad Greek"

Source: Idaho murders: Restaurant where two victims worked disputes report that Bryan Kohberger ate there
What this statement tells me is that the owner is very supportive of her staff and of the investigation.

BK may not have touched him at all… I have dogs, animal hair floats around in the air and gets all over stuff, whether you intend to touch it or not. JMO.

Yes, but the post that sparked this conversation said "BK may have approached it with a few pats to silence him. His blood sticky hand would easily carry off some dog hair."

I'm saying if BK touched a dog with a "bloody sticky hand," then blood would get on the dog.

MOO

The Word - - -

" Experts told Insider such broad gag orders could violate First Amendment rights"

• A judge in the Idaho murders case expanded her gag order to include lawyers for victims' families.
  • The order previously only applied to prosecutors and the defense attorney.
  • Experts told Insider such broad gag orders could violate First Amendment rights"

I have dogs, animal hair floats around in the air and gets all over stuff, whether you intend to touch it or not. JMO.
MOO:
Places I have found animal hair: in the fridge, in my eyes, in my panties, on the doors,on the bedding, in all the corners...
Where I intend to touch animal hair: on my dog

Therefore, if murphy sheds even close to a very-low-shedding breed, my hopes are high! Though, as a half-poodle, there is the "risk" of non-shedding.

Also, ladies shed, too. And I feel like especially the ones fighting for their life might. I am not too hopeful we'll find any of these hairs on BK as they'd be easier to notice. But I sure hope BK himself shed an eyelash or something in their rooms.

Ethical defense attorneys are not supposed to lie to the court. They can't present a defense if they know it is false. They can't lie to the court. They can poke holes in the prosecution's case. They can challenge evidence. They can bring in experts to argue that there is a possibility - regardless of how small - that there could be another outcome. But overall, ETHICAL defense attorneys/public defenders can't present information that they know for a fact is a lie.
Lawyers who get get caught lying to the court face severe reprimand up to disbarment.
All lawyers are officers of the court.
The Word - - -

" Experts told Insider such broad gag orders could violate First Amendment rights"

• A judge in the Idaho murders case expanded her gag order to include lawyers for victims' families.
  • The order previously only applied to prosecutors and the defense attorney.
  • Experts told Insider such broad gag orders could violate First Amendment rights"
Lawyers as officers of the court have additional responsibilities to follow the court’s rules.

From The Daily Evergreen, "the student voice of Washington State University since 1895", an article about the People Magazine Instagram story. Plus a cool pic from BK's Jan 12 hearing.

January 20, 2023

In an article with People magazine, an “anonymous investigative source” on the Moscow homicide case said that suspect Bryan Kohberger allegedly messaged one of the victims on Instagram.
“He slid into one of the girls’ DMs several times but she didn’t respond,” the unidentified source told the magazine. “Basically, it was just him saying, ‘Hey, how are you?’ But he did it again and again.”
The official media source for Moscow PD declined to comment, citing the nondissemination order, otherwise known as a gag order, issued by the Latah County court.
The Daily Evergreen was not able to verify the information attributed to the anonymous source in the People article.

1674438513086.png

<modsnip>

Chew on this. Maybe Kohberger will try to argue that he was framed—that one of his students pocketed his keys and duplicated them at some point and then stole his car in order to commit the murder. He could claim that there was a day when his keys vanished from his office at school and then mysteriously showed up again at the end of the day. He could claim that whoever stole his keys had access to his apartment and stole the sheath that was planted at the crime scene and the knife used to commit the crime. He could claim that any evidence found in is apartment was planted there by the perp. He could even say that he had left his phone in his car and that's why it pinged near the crime scene.

It's a wacky defense, but we've seen other wacky defense scenarios create reasonable doubt with juries. Casey Anthony's attorney concocted a story with no supporting evidence whatsoever, the feckless judge allowed it, and the brain-dead jurors swallowed it.

Kohberger could say, "I have a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice. Would I really be stupid enough to drive my own car to commit a quadruple homicide and take my phone with me?" A jury might fall for it. (I don't have a heck of a lot of faith in the jury system; I think it's about as accurate as the medieval trial by ordeal.)
If that’s all he’s got, he needs to pack for a long stay in an Idaho prison….or a very short one….IMO.

Now we know two of BK's classes:

Kohberger was a TA for at least two WSU classes: Criminal Justice 101 and Criminal Law (Criminal Justice 320), according to students who had him as a TA last fall semester.

Freshman psychology major CH, who had Kohberger as a TA for Criminal Justice 101, said that it was terrifying knowing she had been in the same room with someone who might be capable of committing these crimes.

“I was a wreck and I just felt so sick and disgusted,” she said. “I was going through Canvas (a website that allows students to access their classes and communicate with professors and TAs) and looking at the notifications from Bryan [that say] ‘great essay’ or ‘have a great break, guys,’ and it was just so weird.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82