ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt that the author of the Affidavit made a typo or error just because an email shows that BK was interviewed in April.

Do you really think the lead investigator on this case got his facts wrong?

He writes that “ Pursuant to records provided by a member of the interview panel .. “.

So he has records to back up his facts.

“ These records show that Kohberger wrote an essay when he applied for an internship with the Pullman PD in the Fall of 2022”

BK could have had a phone/Zoom interview in April and then been narrowed down to the top 3 or 4 candidates by end of Summer and invited to provide an essay for final consideration. JMO

Why become suspicious of LE or think they are incompetent because a reporter found proof that BK applied for an internship?

The Defense is not going to pick apart the arrest affidavit, believe me.

JMO View attachment 397130
IANAL but I agree completely.

IMO, the inconsistencies in the PCA are minor and any “errors” are not the result of incompetence, per se, but rather 1) an urgent need to get a potentially violent person off the streets as quickly as possible, and/or 2) only appear erroneous because we are not privy to everything LE knows. Although there is an officially assigned USPS street address for the residence, the King/Queen St. question is clearly a matter of formality. I’ll bet mail would still be correctly delivered regardless of which address was used. The internship issues may not be in error at all based on what we currently know. And, while which Jackson, ID or WA, does appear to be an error, we are just not in a position to dispute the declaration at this time.

I believe the PCA was assembled in good faith and I can’t imagine the defense challenging it. It resulted in an arrest and is now water under the bridge, so to speak. Ultimately the Preliminary Hearing or a grand jury indictment (not sure which) will render the point irrelevant IMO. Where I suppose it could arise again is if BK goes to trial and is ultimately acquitted. Then it might become an element in a civil suit against the state, assuming what appear to be errors to us today turn out to be carelessness. But IMO that’s also highly unlikely to be successful for any number of reasons.

MOO.

Did he need to? As a life-long dog owner, I have found dog hair in my refrigerator, on my child's toys, sticking to the hand soap and all over the bathtub inside because it had stuck to my feet before I got in. Kaylee probably had played with her dog right in the room where she was murdered.
I don't understand really what you're saying. I think BK may have transfered dog hair from the house to his own house, just not via direct contact with the dog, which is what you have been suggesting, that he patted the dog? I think LE will get lucky if the hair removed via search warrant is Murphy's though, as the place was searched 6-7 weeks post crime, so BK had a lot of time to clean up, and had also interacted with other people you'd assume at WSU and other places so an animal hair could have been transferred that way or via any no. of other scenarios (for eg. via DAD prior to road trip to PA). MOO. So we await the results of analysis of the hair IMO.

Regardless of how it happened, BK should not have any of Murphy’s hair in his apartment. I guess there are a couple of ways to defend it. If he actually did visit MG, one might say that one of the girls had Murphy’s hair on them there and it somehow ended up in his bag/on his person. Or the Barry Scheck defense, that it was brought to his apartment or into the lab due to tainted evidence collection/chain of custody.
No, he shouldn't. Hoping that possible animal hair belongs to Murphy. JMO

Checking these photos of the left bedroom window pair on the bottom floor. In the first photo, the camera looks like it is pointed at the brick ledge with a ruler on the ledge (left window). In the second photo, the camera is again pointed toward the ledge again but with the ruler on the casing of the right side window. And, is that an evidence marker inside on the casing? JMO

Looking through the photos of the windows again, I realized we really don't know the entry point. The PCA doesn't mention it. The windows I do not see them photographing are the bedroom window next to the kitchen and the kitchen sink window. MOO

1674427042361.png
1674427120899.png
1674491213338.png1674491393117.png

1674491298277.png1674491469760.png

People buy goldendoodles specifically because they are low-shedding dogs.

MOO
Yes, that it true. I have a Bernedoodle (the doodle makes them low-shed). He definitely sheds less than your typical dog and significantly less than our cats. However, he still sheds. If the housemates didn't vacuum often, Murphy's hair would still be all over and easily cling to someone's clothing.

Checking these photos of the left bedroom window pair on the bottom floor. In the first photo, the camera looks like it is pointed at the brick ledge with a ruler on the ledge (left window). In the second photo, the camera is again pointed toward the ledge again but with the ruler on the casing of the right side window. And, is that an evidence marker inside on the casing? JMO

Looking through the photos of the windows again, I realized we really don't know the entry point. The PCA doesn't mention it. The windows I do not see them photographing are the bedroom window next to the kitchen and the kitchen sink window. MOO

View attachment 397047
View attachment 397048
View attachment 397174View attachment 397176

View attachment 397175View attachment 397177
Remind me, in which bottom floor bedroom was BF sleeping?

Reactions: Dre
Have you ever worked with the public before? never underestimate the rudeness of a small percentage of the people.
Yes, I have, a few different times. For the most part people were decent.

Discrepancies? King-Queen; Street-Road?
.... I was annoyed by the King Street/Queen Street error in the PCA, and got all flustered when I saw this potential discrepancy.....
snipped for focus @jepop Thank you for being so attentive re these (small-ish?) matters which can morph into major issues of evd at trial.
Jumping off ^ your post, other poss. discrepancy:

ADDRESS.
I did not see deed for prop, but
IIRC, per Latah Co. website (appraiser or collector):... 1122 King ROAD
From zillow.com & other realty websites:..................1122 King ROAD.
Various MSM reports:.......................................... 1122 King STREET.
Wait a sec, does PCA say ......................................1122 King STREET?
^ If so, likely inconsequential at this trial.

Still in a search or arrest warrant, a simple address error-OOPSIE can lead LE to wrong home and for everything after first tap on door to go SIDEWAYS. Just sayin'.
imo jmo moo
ETA clarification.

Last edited:
Discrepancies? King-Queen; Street-Road?

snipped for focus @jepop Thank you for being so attentive re these (small-ish?) matters which can morph into major issues of evd at trial.
Jumping off ^ your post, other poss. discrepancy:

ADDRESS.
I did not see deed for prop, but per Latah Co. website (appraiser or collector): 1122 King ROAD
From zillow.com & other realty websites:....1122 King ROAD.
Various MSM reports:............................. 1122 King STREET.
Wait a sec, does PCA say ........................1122 King STREET?
^ If so, likely inconsequential at this trial.

Still in a search or arrest warrant, a simple address error-OOPSIE can lead LE to wrong home and for everything after first tap on door to go SIDEWAYS. Just sayin'.

imo jmo moo
You know something? I just now realized on my Google map app it doesn't matter if I use 1122 King or 1122 Queen. It shows the same place. JMO

I live in a small town and a local cafe had the misfortune of having one of their employees kill their spouse. They cafe certainly had a great deal of community support but also came the gossips, trying to get staff to satisfy their curiosity.

They gossips seemed to get quite offended when staff told ignored their need for details and got even more upset when staff would directly tell them that RCMP had their statements and they weren't inclined to share with anyone else.

Gossips don't always spend much money to dig for information and it's very hard on employee morale.
Yes, I agree, it is tough on morale... gossips are horrible to deal with. But, unfortunately, no matter where you are, what line of work you do.... from working with doctors in a professional setting, to public service jobs, to manufacturing jobs, etc... you have people like that everywhere.... no one is immune from it. And today because of social media, it is even more so.

Does anyone have any theories as to why no screams were heard? TIA! I know it'll be opinion only, but I'm curious what others' thoughts are on the topic.

He made so many mistakes that I now can't imagine that he's very experienced. I'm actually surprised that he was able to commit the murders and escape the house that night. AMOO

Fear. too scared to scream, taken off guard, and by surprise. Too wounded to scream afterward. Movies always show people screaming but in real crimes, not sure there's enough time to scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆