TN TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells Missing from Rogersville, June 2021 #34

All I can say is God bless these innocent children and keep them safe. I just wonder if these parents did all they were told to do to try to regain custody of these boys? Normally CPS does all they can to reunite kids with their parents. Prayers for this family. :(

New post on the Well's website -
DCS needs help and also how DW & CW want to see the boys.

New post on the Well's website -
DCS needs help and also how DW & CW want to see the boys.

This case has suddenly morphed somehow into a kind of reality tv show.
I'm not even sure if that's accurate since I've never actually watched a reality tv show.

jmo

Makes me wonder if with time, therapy and building new & safe relationships with foster parents & others -the children have disclosed relevant details contradicting their parents version of events or prior abuse.
IMO, if the boys really wanted and needed to have those calls from family, the CPS would make sure these calls were a priority. But sometimes calls from home upset and agitate the situation for the children. Especially if there was a difficult home life that is still looming. JMO

New post on the Well's website:

They lost SW and now all communication with the boys.

New post on the Well's website:

They lost SW and now all communication with the boys.

Their version of events seems....weird. Normally children in foster care are allowed communication with birth parents if birth parents are following the reunification plan. Seems odd to me that they would lose all communication and really have no idea why or what to do to get back on track. And if they have truly been wronged by the foster system, going to "the public" with complaints is probably the least effective thing they could do. They need to be talking to their own court-appointed lawyers and to CPS to figure it out. We don't have the full story here. MOO

Their version of events seems....weird. Normally children in foster care are allowed communication with birth parents if birth parents are following the reunification plan. Seems odd to me that they would lose all communication and really have no idea why or what to do to get back on track. And if they have truly been wronged by the foster system, going to "the public" with complaints is probably the least effective thing they could do. They need to be talking to their own court-appointed lawyers and to CPS to figure it out. We don't have the full story here. MOO
Yes, IMO, parents have figured out they can say what they want about CPS, and CPS cannot publicly respond because of legal and ethical confidentiality. I think they know they're not getting their kids back. Why didn't they say they are doing everything they have been asked to do and list what those things are? They are not willing or able to follow a reunification plan, imo, so saying all this stuff is their alternative.

The Wells' post rings true to me based on my years volunteering for foster kids in Georgia (CASA). Termination of parental rights is a court proceeding in front of a judge. But there's also the "quiet quitting" version where hearings are repeatedly postponed by consent between the attorneys while case workers and court-appointed attorneys ghost the parents/clients for weeks and months (even, in a case I was involved in, years). No child is served well in that type of situation, IMO.

The Wells' post rings true to me based on my years volunteering for foster kids in Georgia (CASA). Termination of parental rights is a court proceeding in front of a judge. But there's also the "quiet quitting" version where hearings are repeatedly postponed by consent between the attorneys while case workers and court-appointed attorneys ghost the parents/clients for weeks and months (even, in a case I was involved in, years). No child is served well in that type of situation, IMO.
Interested in your opinion, do you think the Wells are doing what they need to do to get communication with their kids?

All I can say is God bless these innocent children and keep them safe. I just wonder if these parents did all they were told to do to try to regain custody of these boys? Normally CPS does all they can to reunite kids with their parents. Prayers for this family. :(
I would venture to guess that there were some (or many) conditions that were not being met by the parents in order to regain custody of the boys. It may also be possible that the fathers history is playing a roll in the decision. ??
I hope the boys are together in a happy, loving & safe home.

I would venture to guess that there were some (or many) conditions that were not being met by the parents in order to regain custody of the boys. It may also be possible that the fathers history is playing a roll in the decision. ??
I hope the boys are together in a happy, loving & safe home.
I agree. IMO driving drunk on Halloween night is close to the top of the list of not being compliant with a safety plan. If Don wants to sway the public into believing he and his wife are victims of unfair treatment by DCF then IMO listing positive steps they've taken towards reunification would be more effective than accusations.

Three posts so far and not one addresses what they have done to reunite with their boys. MOO

I agree. IMO driving drunk on Halloween night is close to the top of the list of not being compliant with a safety plan. If Don wants to sway the public into believing he and his wife are victims of unfair treatment by DCF then IMO listing positive steps they've taken towards reunification would be more effective than accusations.

Three posts so far and not one addresses what they have done to reunite with their boys. MOO
Exactly! I'm not sure how reunification works in TN but where I live you are given a specific time frame with specific actions that must be completed to show you are fit to regain custody.

Interested in your opinion, do you think the Wells are doing what they need to do to get communication with their kids?

My opinion is that it's hard to think of a reason any parent would be denied supervised visits and phone calls. There are plenty of safe options: visitation center overseen by social workers, a therapeutic setting with a counselor, an outing in the community with a trusted friend or the foster parent(s), monitored phone calls and video chats.

The Wells may not be doing what they need to do to get the boys back, but I haven't read that that parental rights have been terminated. In my state, TPR is a huge deal; unless the parents consent, it involves witness testimony at a hearing before a judge. To implement a sort of de facto termination by not facilitating communication and visits - well, it happens, but it's not right IMO. I have no way of knowing if the Wells are telling the truth, but my experience has been that case workers and attorneys can definitely go radio-silent for long periods of time, regardless of what's best for a child or a family.

Those poor boys should never ever have to go back to the hell that was their life before CPS finally did their job and took them away from those people and that place. They are fortunate to be alive and living in a safe place with sane adults. MOO

My opinion is that it's hard to think of a reason any parent would be denied supervised visits and phone calls. There are plenty of safe options: visitation center overseen by social workers, a therapeutic setting with a counselor, an outing in the community with a trusted friend or the foster parent(s), monitored phone calls and video chats.

The Wells may not be doing what they need to do to get the boys back, but I haven't read that that parental rights have been terminated. In my state, TPR is a huge deal; unless the parents consent, it involves witness testimony at a hearing before a judge. To implement a sort of de facto termination by not facilitating communication and visits - well, it happens, but it's not right IMO. I have no way of knowing if the Wells are telling the truth, but my experience has been that case workers and attorneys can definitely go radio-silent for long periods of time, regardless of what's best for a child or a family.
Thanks for your opinion. That could be the case...or, the Wells may have said things in communication with the kids that was unacceptable. Or, the boys could be not interested in communicating with them. It is MO, based on the pattern and history of the Wells' words and behavior, that the Wells are not telling the public everything. The Wells have the advantage, because CPS can't come out publicly and say what's really going on.

Those poor boys should never ever have to go back to the hell that was their life before CPS finally did their job and took them away from those people and that place. They are fortunate to be alive and living in a safe place with sane adults. MOO
While I agree with your sentiment 100%, let us all hope this is the case.
I can't help but think of (some of) the Turpin kids.

While I agree with your sentiment 100%, let us all hope this is the case.
I can't help but think of (some of) the Turpin kids.
Very different IMO, Turpin adults were putting on show with kids, while having them living in appalling conditions whilst Dad was on a good salary.

No reason to doubt that Summer was ill treated.

Parents lost it.Yes, Perhaps I would do, if I were living as they were. But in my bones, the family had nothing to do with Summer' s disappearance.

Very different IMO, Turpin adults were putting on show with kids, while having them living in appalling conditions whilst Dad was on a good salary.

No reason to doubt that Summer was ill treated.

Parents lost it.Yes, Perhaps I would do, if I were living as they were. But in my bones, the family had nothing to do with Summer' s disappearance.
Sorry I didn't elaborate. I meant, when some of the Turpin kids were placed into foster care away from their abusive home life, they were placed into equally, hideously abusive foster care situations.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back