Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #7

Do you have a link anywhere that states leahs family thought she had run away I was always under the impression they felt her disappearance was extremely out of character. (Not trying to be argumentative just genuinely curious if I have missed that info somewhere).

And yes that's all I'm saying, as a member of the public and in the public interest I would like to understand their suspicions and evidence. But the longer it goes on and there is this wall of silence will only provoke further unnecessary speculation as to why the police seem to be so tight lipped on what happened.
Pardon the link to 'The Sun' ( they wrote some sinister follow-up nonsense) but it was the first one that came up and the quotes are legit.
The videos from the family are clearly suggetsing she ran away although I think they suspected more. There were also social media posts from the family and friends at the time to support the thought she ran away. Dont think this lasted long ...

The police were almost rushed to make some sort of statement about what why found in the house. Now it is time to give us more info!

Last edited:
Well, we don't know exactly what was found in the house and there are doubtless clues to be followed up. The police will give more information when the investigation is complete, or if they need to seek help from the public.

Well, we don't know exactly what was found in the house and there are doubtless clues to be followed up. The police will give more information when the investigation is complete, or if they need to seek help from the public.
They are continuing to ask for help from the community with house to house visits. But it seems they have decided against a media campaign in the wake of public mistrust (by some) of the investigation.

So that confirms that they are still investigating. I wouldn't expect them to give out any more details until they have completed the investigation.

So that confirms that they are still investigating. I wouldn't expect them to give out any more details until they have completed the investigation.
Sorry , I wasnt questioning if they were investigating?
Giving a statement to stem the tide of mistrust has happened many times during this active investigation. The identified suspect was a local man who was known in the community and has family here.

Last edited:
Sorry , I wasnt questioning if they were investigating?
Giving a statement to stem the tide of mistrust has happened many times during this active investigation. The identified suspect was a local man who was known in the community and has family here.
I know you weren't. You were confirming what I'd said.
People just need to be patient.

I understand what you are referring to @LINEOFDUTY.

IMO the report of Leah's phone being disconnected at the northern end of Furzton Lake, near to the Premier Inn, was not the actual location of where Leah was last potentially known to have been, but the location of the mast that picked up the phone's last signal.

As you are local to the area, can you confirm if there is a phone mast at the northern end of the lake that is near to the Premier Inn?

TIA
Yes there is a coms mast in the center of the Roundabout within 100m of the Hotel. Others had worked out which other masts would have been used with the triangulation used to pin point where the phone was finally turned off. That resulted in the North end of the lake, location. That now seems in doubt. I hope TVP have been able to work out poor Leah’s final movements as it does appear lots of misleading information was being put forward. The most stupid being the lead Detective saying he as still of the view she had gone away herself, despite leaving home after her parents, but still not taking her money or changes of clothes etc but walking out in her work clothes.
I hope there was a hidden strategy being used as otherwise it still seems so strange

I hope TVP have been able to work out poor Leah’s final movements as it does appear lots of misleading information was being put forward. The most stupid being the lead Detective saying he as still of the view she had gone away herself, despite leaving home after her parents, but still not taking her money or changes of clothes etc but walking out in her work clothes.
I hope there was a hidden strategy being used as otherwise it still seems so strange
I am also local and you have said this a few times, it's interesting.
Got a link for trianglation and the last time DC Howard said that?

From the link:

With a dead suspect, the case could have been concluded for police – and Leah’s heartbroken family would finally have some closure.

But now it seems the Major Crime Unit is still investigating whether Maxwell was indeed the murderer or if anybody else was involved.
It would be so convenient to dump the body at the house where a Dead paedophile was known to live to move the scent elsewhere.
Whilst I am pleased that Parents now have her body and they can bury her. I do hope that Police are not fooled by discovery and close case as that may well improve policing statistics but would still allow the culprit to be out there and go free.
Is Mr X still in the frame. What do other Sleuths think?

An inquest into the death of Leah Croucher will open on Wednesday 25 January 2023 at 11am. The inquest will be held at the Milton Keynes Coroners Court, Civic, 1 Saxon Gate East, MK9 3EJ and is open to the media.

Given the national interest in this case, HM Coroner’s Office is asking anyone wishing to attend to be patient and respect the family’s privacy

My con
An inquest into the death of Leah Croucher will open on Wednesday 25 January 2023 at 11am. The inquest will be held at the Milton Keynes Coroners Court, Civic, 1 Saxon Gate East, MK9 3EJ and is open to the media.

Given the national interest in this case, HM Coroner’s Office is asking anyone wishing to attend to be patient and respect the family’s privacy
cern his that Coroner will try and close this down as death by a dead person and then that will close case and improve police stats.
The murderer is still out there and very much alive in my opinion.

I'm not sure I believe that (although I am open to everyones different views and opinions) but what I do struggle with is why was a repeated sex offender out on the streets to comitt this crime along with many other serious assaults? Why was he not on a SOR and being kept an eye on? The owner of the house lived abroad so how was he operating his business and able to evade police for months? There seems to be a wall of silence around all of these questions and many more. I just hope Leah's family and the public finally get some answers.

The BBC understands Maxwell's offending began in 1998 when he raped a child. He was jailed and put on the sex offenders' register.
In 2002, he was jailed for four years after being convicted of three sex offences against a girl under the age of 16 and for failing to notify police of a change of name/address.
In 2009, Maxwell admitted raping a woman in Datchet, Berkshire, and was sentenced to four years and 10 months in prison.
A year later, Maxwell pleaded guilty to sexual activity with a child and received a six-month sentence, to be served concurrently with the previous sentence.
In February 2018, he pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a woman in Milton Keynes and was sentenced to 200 hours of community service after serving time on remand.
Surely someone with this amount of serious offending against children and young girls/women should have been given a custodial sentence rather than 200 hours community service?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I believe that (although I am open to everyones different views and opinions) but what I do struggle with is why was a repeated sex offender out on the streets to comitt this crime along with many other serious assaults? Why was he not on a SOR and being kept an eye on? The owner of the house lived abroad so how was he operating his business and able to evade police for months? There seems to be a wall of silence around all of these questions and many more. I just hope Leah's family and the public finally get some answers.

The BBC understands Maxwell's offending began in 1998 when he raped a child. He was jailed and put on the sex offenders' register.
In 2002, he was jailed for four years after being convicted of three sex offences against a girl under the age of 16 and for failing to notify police of a change of name/address.
In 2009, Maxwell admitted raping a woman in Datchet, Berkshire, and was sentenced to four years and 10 months in prison.
A year later, Maxwell pleaded guilty to sexual activity with a child and received a six-month sentence, to be served concurrently with the previous sentence.
In February 2018, he pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a woman in Milton Keynes and was sentenced to 200 hours of community service after serving time on remand.
Surely someone with this amount of serious offending against children and young girls/women should have been given a custodial sentence rather than 200 hours community service?
Agree re your last sentence

I couldn't agree more Holly.

After his conviction in 2009, Maxwell should have been put on the SO Register for life. After his lenient sentence in 2018 he was asked to sign the register but he should have already been on it. Had he been on it, the sentence he received in 2018 would surely have been much stronger than the one he got - probably another stretch in jail. So why wasn't he on the Register in 2018?

We have read that the owner of 2 Loxbeare Drive handed over the keys to the property to Maxwell in November 2018. Yet a neighbour in Loxbeare Drive has said that the owner of 2 LD only ever came over in the summer to spend time at the property, so what were they doing there in November and how did they know Maxwell well enough to trust him with keys to the property?

Also, what ever did happen to the keys that Maxwell was in possession of? Did he leave them in the property? Did he return them to the owner? Did someone else return them to the owner? Were they found on his person when his body was located? Are they still unaccounted for?

I am surprised that the MK Citizen hasn't looked into these and other questions that arise over Leah's death. Unless, of course, the TVP have instructed them not to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back