NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know how a loving mother goes about safely hiding an 11-year old (alive) child for over two months without anyone finding out about the child.

There are people everywhere with little to no interactions with other people. People move to new areas and others have no clue about their habits. Millions of grade school kids are home schooled. Not everyone is analyzing whether or not they're playing with other kids. Some might not even leave the house. Do I think that is what is going on in this case? No, but the above is not that that difficult to achieve

Hypothetically speaking if my BFF asked me to hide her child from imminent danger I’d do it in a heartbeat. Want to know why I’m so confident I’d do it? I offered when her adopted child’s birth parents had a change of heart after 10 years.

I don’t have a solid theory in this case but I can see a mom hiding her child away from danger or what she perceived as danger.

I don't think that's what we're dealing with in this case (I'd love to be wrong) but I agree that it's certainly feasible.

@TwoBlueJays Interesting what you say about the house. Do you have a theory regarding plywood in the kitchen? (Said in as non-graphic a way as possible, I guess.)
I have thought about what a large piece of plywood would be used for 'as-is' in a house. I recall it as a 4'x8' which is the standard dimension (think Home Depot lumber). That's a heavy awkward size for one person (CP) to move into a house through a single door like the garage - maybe there are French/double doors out to the backyard (garden)? And why wouldn't you have cut it down before bringing it in? You wouldn't cut it in the house. CP had a woodshop or metal shop in his garage - presumably had tools to cut down lumber (circular or table saw). Plywood sheets are used for subfloors, exterior and roof sheathing. Not interior walls. That's drywall over wood stud framing.
Also - I would guess that their house has a basement; Cornelius is far enough north that there would probably be one (versus houses in the southern US that might not). So if you were planning to sequester someone in a secret place within your home it would be down there, not in a corner of a kitchen behind a sheet of plywood. Even if you planned to traffic MC out of your house it would presumably be in an upstairs bedroom.
I'm still pondering these outlier clues. moo

If you hid your BFF child, you might be held complicit for the crime of kidnapping. In any case, you would be breaking a law by keeping the child hidden. You would be obligated to report this to the police.
Yes, I know and I understand that what is morally right and what is legally right don’t always align.

I have thought about what a large piece of plywood would be used for 'as-is' in a house. I recall it as a 4'x8' which is the standard dimension (think Home Depot lumber). That's a heavy awkward size for one person (CP) to move into a house through a single door like the garage - maybe there are French/double doors out to the backyard (garden)? And why wouldn't you have cut it down before bringing it in? You wouldn't cut it in the house. CP had a woodshop or metal shop in his garage - presumably had tools to cut down lumber (circular or table saw). Plywood sheets are used for subfloors, exterior and roof sheathing. Not interior walls. That's drywall over wood stud framing.
Also - I would guess that their house has a basement; Cornelius is far enough north that there would probably be one (versus houses in the southern US that might not). So if you were planning to sequester someone in a secret place within your home it would be down there, not in a corner of a kitchen behind a sheet of plywood. Even if you planned to traffic MC out of your house it would presumably be in an upstairs bedroom.
Maybe a cat apartment? Lol Wasn’t there mention of cats early on?

Most houses in NC do not have basements, especially those in the southern part of the state. I would argue that it's even less likely to have a basement if those houses are the cookie cutter houses built in subdivisions like theirs is.

But what would be DC's reason for wanting her daughter gone? For killing her? I don't see her choosing her husband over her daughter.
Also, we don't know why CP went to Michigan. We don't have cell data to support this. Nor corroboration from witnesses (at least not publicly).
The plywood partition and the multi-day burn pit activity are mysteries I hope learn more about.
Moo
Has it ever been confirmed that CP actually visited relatives?

That’s the story but I really want to know if his relatives saw him.

This one is getting so frustrating. I can only hope a grand jury is currently considering the evidence to charge someone with murder.

I think it's 0% likely someone is hiding Madalina. They absolutely would have come forward unless they themselves were engaged in criminal activity. It's also not a crime to allow someone else to care for your child as long as they are receiving proper care. I am sure we all know families where a grandparent or aunt temporarily cares for a child for a variety of reasons.

I can't think of any reason to "hide" a child like this once LE is involved. Any danger can be mitigated through the authorities.

This one is getting so frustrating. I can only hope a grand jury is currently considering the evidence to charge someone with murder.

I think it's 0% likely someone is hiding Madalina. They absolutely would have come forward unless they themselves were engaged in criminal activity. It's also not a crime to allow someone else to care for your child as long as they are receiving proper care. I am sure we all know families where a grandparent or aunt temporarily cares for a child for a variety of reasons.

I can't think of any reason to "hide" a child like this once LE is involved. Any danger can be mitigated through the authorities.
Agreed for most of this, but given the status of mom as an immigrant, i wonder if she could have given her to someone from het own or a similar culture and perhaps she has little trust in the police.

I have seen many parents withhold info from schools and other institutions both out of mistrust and a sort of privacy that could be linked to their culture, or i should say being from a different culture.

But, i also realize that this is a very small chance and i am likely being optimistic, but there is a part of me that hopes for this version for poor little MC.

Have we heard anything from former teachers, parents of classmates, friends, or others?
I dont remember seeing anything, and if that is the case, it is very strange...

Agreed for most of this, but given the status of mom as an immigrant, i wonder if she could have given her to someone from het own or a similar culture and perhaps she has little trust in the police.
That is true, but doesn't seem to totally fit with this case. First, DC has been here for a while, correct? She's not a new immigrant. Second, she has had discussions not only with LE but also with legal representatives, and yet she remains quiet as to where MC is. It just doesn't seem to entirely fit. One can assume all her actions since Thanksgiving have been under coercion, yet even their stories don't line up. Something is definitely amiss here, and it doesn't seem to add up to simply a matter of keeping her daughter safe.
Of course, all of this is from an outside perspective. We really don't know what all DC has actually said to LE.
I think LE is playing this case close to the vest for good reason, which may come out in due time. In fact, it is entirely possible that DC has told them more than they are sharing, because they don't want it getting back to him.
But it still seems as if something is off here.

That is true, but doesn't seem to totally fit with this case. First, DC has been here for a while, correct? She's not a new immigrant. Second, she has had discussions not only with LE but also with legal representatives, and yet she remains quiet as to where MC is. It just doesn't seem to entirely fit. One can assume all her actions since Thanksgiving have been under coercion, yet even their stories don't line up. Something is definitely amiss here, and it doesn't seem to add up to simply a matter of keeping her daughter safe.
Of course, all of this is from an outside perspective. We really don't know what all DC has actually said to LE.
I think LE is playing this case close to the vest for good reason, which may come out in due time. In fact, it is entirely possible that DC has told them more than they are sharing, because they don't want it getting back to him.
But it still seems as if something is off here.
It is a pretty weird case because of the stories they have chosen to tell. I am really hoping LE found something solid and are just trying to pin it down.

Just curious.. thinking about the Madison county area. ..if a juvenile is placed in an inpatient treatment facility, would law enforcement have access to that information easily? I know of one in particular that I have the impression it is a rather shady inpatient program. I don't think that's where she is. it's expensive and I think the family's finances are being looked into. just curious though

Mum and step dad not saying where this little one is only makes me think whatever has happened is more awful than being stick in jail! I believe they killed her and disposed of her and are now hoping that she is never found, leaving the doubt that she could be alive. The old “they are with someone safe” like the Skelington dad insists upon is just ridiculous. Moo

Diana Cojocari, 37, told police she "believed her husband put her family in danger," according to an arrest sheet reviewed by WBTV.com, and claimed she had no idea where her daughter, Madalina Cojocari, might be.

According to Queen City News, Cojocari, 37, received a home visit from a local detective shortly after she reported Madalina missing on Dec. 15. Cojocari reportedly told the detective that some of her daughter's clothing was missing. She also said there was no family in the area with whom Madalina could be staying, per Queen City News

Records reviewed by Queen City News also allege that Cojocari's 60-year-old husband, Christopher Palmiter, drove to Michigan on the night of the sixth grader's Nov. 23 disappearance after arguing with his wife. (Palmiter is Madalina's stepfather.)

Mum and step dad not saying where this little one is only makes me think whatever has happened is more awful than being stick in jail! I believe they killed her and disposed of her and are now hoping that she is never found, leaving the doubt that she could be alive. The old “they are with someone safe” like the Skelington dad insists upon is just ridiculous. Moo
Yeah, I've had my fill of "they're with someone safe" and "I gave them to someone but don't know their last name" bs that we see in threads here all the time. I agree that the parents' reluctance to disclose where Madalina is comes from deep fear that her body will tell a horror story. Ugh.

I'd love to watch DC's and CP's interviews with detectives. It's likely there were follow up questions to Diana's statements like asking her how her husband put the family in danger and what kind of conflict would happen if she reported Madalina missing. And no doubt Chris was asked more about that plywood partition. And his trip to Michigan.

Which means that LE has much more information (and forensic evidence too) than we currently know. IMO it'll all come out in good time but it's so hard waiting until then. All MOO.

Most of us are impatient for more facts to be disclosed and I find myself thinking about Madalina every day. Until I learn differently from LE and FBI, I will continue to believe both parents are criminally responsible for M's disappearance.

I'm hopeful digital evidence from family vehicle, computers and cell phones will reveal what the parents were up to during the three weeks prior to Madalina's disappearance. I also think LE has gathered a wealth of information from witness statements. Surely LE is keeping these parents in jail for a very valid reasons.
* There has been no proof of life of Madalina since Nov. 21, 2022.
* The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are suspicious and point directly to her parents.

MOO

And Lori Vallow Daybell's children, who were "with friends", "at college", etc etc. No they weren't, as we sadly found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆