Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

Why would BW want to divorce Ana?

Not sure what advantages it gives him unless he thought they would never jail him for the Warhol & estate thefts/scams?

If Ana told him she wanted to divorce, he would have been better off asking an attorney for advice instead of Google!

I hope Ana confided in someone about their problems. I sounds like the six months before her death holds a lot of clues as to motive.

JMO
Ita.
I also keep wondering if Ana was going to leave him ?

Or discovered something he wanted hidden ?
BW just comes off as such a sketchy person for most of his adult life.
Imo.

JAN 25, 2023

Small Town Talk: Locals Remember Brian Walshe As "Looking Like A Creep"

“You can probably count on one hand how many times big events have happened in this town going back to the 1960s,” explained SG, whose family owns Cohasset Pizza House. “Nothing newsworthy really happens.”

That changed in early January, when mother-of-three, Ana Walshe, went missing. Neighbors in the tiny town describe Ana Walshe as “quiet” and Brian, her husband, as someone who “looked like a creep.”

SG confirmed Brian Walshe was a regular customer who visited the restaurant at least once a week.

“He seemed like a normal, happy, smiling dad,” SG said. “He would always come in and go out. But he was always pleasant. He was happy and that never changed.”

[...]

SG remembers at first she was “stunned” that her regular customer was arrested, believing it, “couldn’t have been him.” But after Brian appeared outside the Quincy District Courthouse smiling, SG said she changed her mind.

“At first when I looked up at the picture, I said, ‘There’s no way. This man is nice, he’s happy, he’s normal,’” she said “Then a few days after they arrested him, when he was coming out of the police station and he had that smile on his face, that was the exact smile he had when he was coming in here everyday. So I’m sure it was just his hidden self, his little demeanor that he just showed the world. And he didn’t know when to turn it off.”

[...]

MA confirmed both Ana and Brian Walshe visited Pour Coffee and Bagel before her disappearance.

“She was always quiet,” MA recalled. “I remember seeing her walk through here once, but this was a long time ago, like months ago,” MA said. “I just remember her being quiet. He just kind of looked like a creep.”

[...]

“I haven’t really met any customers that have had relationships with either of them, which I thought was strange, because they lived in town for about two or three years,” SG said. “They didn’t seem to make any friendships while they were here.”

[...]

“At first when I looked up at the picture, I said, ‘There’s no way. This man is nice, he’s happy, he’s normal,’” she said “Then a few days after they arrested him, when he was coming out of the police station and he had that smile on his face, that was the exact smile he had when he was coming in here everyday. So I’m sure it was just his hidden self, his little demeanor that he just showed the world. And he didn’t know when to turn it off.”
^^rsbbm

Wow -- I think the Pizza shop owner nailed it!

No body, no crime? Brian Walshe and the surprising conviction rate of ‘no-body’ murder cases

“He has since become a leading expert on the subject, and lectures prosecutors and police investigators across the country on how to secure homicide convictions in the absence of the victim’s remains. Below, he walks The Post through the complications of a no-body murder, and what to expect from the Walshe case.”
^^rsbm

The preliminary hearing in another' no-body' homicide I'm following concluded today where both the prosecutor and the Judge cited very good cases. Today, citing from the famous Charles Manson case, I found this very powerful:

Bowles, reading from 1977's People v. Manson, said, "'the fact that a murderer may successfully dispose of the body of the victim does not entitle him to avoid prosecution. This is one form of success for which society has no reward. Production of the body is not a condition precedent to the prosecution for murder.'"

The fact that Maya's body was never found is actually circumstantial evidence that death was caused by criminal means because it is highly unlikely that a person suffering a natural death would dispose of her own body, Bowles said, citing the document.

Despite the fact that Milanka Ljubičić spent a total of 16 months with her daughter in the USA, she never met Diana Walshe, her daughter's mother-in-law. This can be seen from her statement to the news portal Blic, 01/21/2023.: "BRAJAN JE ZAMIŠLJEN I ČUDAN. NE MOGU TO DA PODNESEM!" Majka Ane Volš za "Blic" otkriva nove detalje iz života ćerke: Otkrila joj je BRAČNU TAJNU samo mesec dana pre nestanka!
She said: "The two of us have not even met properly. When I went there she said she couldn't meet me because of corona. It was agreed that we would meet at lunch, but I was sick then. After that, our meeting was never mentioned again. Ana didn't say anything bad about her to me - says Milanka."

Well, that is very unusual in Serbia. Parents always want to meet the family of the person their child is dating a long time or is married.

About her son-in-law: "I've seen Brian in pictures now, he's gained a lot of weight. It is completely different! I don't know what happened to him. When I was there, he was the head chef. He was constantly preparing lunch, and Ana was working. She came home in the evening, changed clothes and made pancakes. Her pancakes are the best in the world! She was smiling all the time. While I was there I spent most of my time with her youngest child and Brian who worked from home. But you know, I couldn't wait to see my Anna. Even though I was there with all of them, sometimes I felt lonely, because Brian was always at the computer, because he was working. Ana at work. Older children in kindergarten..."

(Here it can be mentioned that there was also a language barrier between Milanka and Brian, namely, Milanka does not speak English.)

The title of this article from Blic is: "BRIAN IS THOUGHTFUL AND WEIRD. I CAN'T STAND IT!" Ana Walsh's mother reveals new details from her daughter's life for "Blic": She revealed her MARRIAGE SECRET only a month before her disappearance!"
and then
"When Ana was in Belgrade in the period November-December, she told me that she wanted to spend more time with her children. She also mentioned Brian. She said he had changed. That he is absent, brooding and that she can't take it anymore..."

“I haven’t really met any customers that have had relationships with either of them, which I thought was strange, because they lived in town for about two or three years,” SG said. “They didn’t seem to make any friendships while they were here.”
She had all the friends she needed in DC. And he needed to isolate her when she was there.

No body, no crime? Brian Walshe and the surprising conviction rate of ‘no-body’ murder cases

“He has since become a leading expert on the subject, and lectures prosecutors and police investigators across the country on how to secure homicide convictions in the absence of the victim’s remains. Below, he walks The Post through the complications of a no-body murder, and what to expect from the Walshe case.”

Among other things, interesting tidbit in this article I haven’t seen, a picture of the script Brian wrote himself for responding to friends who heard Ana was missing.
View attachment 397673
is there an original that someone has access to that we can look at the meta data on? same for the one with the post of accolades....

is there an original that someone has access to that we can look at the meta data on? same for the one with the post of accolades....
I believe DM is the photo/image source for what's been reported by MSM but I've never seen them report on the wall poster.

Walshe, who is now in custody after being charged with misleading cops in the investigation, writes: 'I appreciate your concern. Right now my focus is finding Ana and spending time with…'

1674776496174.png

I'm guessing that the rental has been handed back to the renter, will she be responsible for the clean up bill ?
Biohazard work may need to be done, plus the crime scene powders and fluids LE uses. I wonder if she'll stay?
M00

This will probably end up being unrelated, but I can’t be the only person reading MA news this morning who hopes that at the end of the day BW showed a shred of humanity and couldn’t dismember AW’s body. Although I suppose if it were AW’s body, BW would have flinched more at DA‘s concluding statement in court that rather than divorce Ana, BW killed and dismembered her. Not that feeding one’s spouse to the fishes warrants a gold star in morality, but it would suggest that some limit in depravity was reached and wasn’t crossed. And perhaps it might be some comfort to family. (Marblehead is only a few miles north of Swampscott in Massachusetts, which is why I’m hoping against hope) Body found washed up on Marblehead beach

This will probably end up being unrelated, but I can’t be the only person reading MA news this morning who hopes that at the end of the day BW showed a shred of humanity and couldn’t dismember AW’s body. Although I suppose if it were AW’s body, BW would have flinched more at DA‘s concluding statement in court that rather than divorce Ana, BW killed and dismembered her. Not that feeding one’s spouse to the fishes warrants a gold star in morality, but it would suggest that some limit in depravity was reached and wasn’t crossed. And perhaps it might be some comfort to family. (Marblehead is only a few miles north of Swampscott in Massachusetts, which is why I’m hoping against hope) Body found washed up on Marblehead beach
From the link:

Police said the body appeared to have been in the water for a “significant” amount of time.

Depends on whether or not the police define 3 weeks as "significant."

Far more likely to be Michael Gray IMO

JAN 27

BOSTON — Prosecutors in Massachusetts are basing their murder case against a man whose wife is presumed dead but whose body has not been found in large part on a series of gruesome internet searches he made around the time of her disappearance.

Scouring data on personal electronic devices is a common strategy in criminal cases, but experts warn that incriminating searches are not enough alone to build a solid case.

“It would be very challenging to try and base a criminal investigation on just what somebody searched for on the internet,” said Jennifer Lynch, the surveillance litigation director of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a San Francisco-based nonprofit that defends digital civil liberties.

More at Internet evidence key, but not enough in Massachusetts murder case

JAN 27

BOSTON — Prosecutors in Massachusetts are basing their murder case against a man whose wife is presumed dead but whose body has not been found in large part on a series of gruesome internet searches he made around the time of her disappearance.

Scouring data on personal electronic devices is a common strategy in criminal cases, but experts warn that incriminating searches are not enough alone to build a solid case.

“It would be very challenging to try and base a criminal investigation on just what somebody searched for on the internet,” said Jennifer Lynch, the surveillance litigation director of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a San Francisco-based nonprofit that defends digital civil liberties.

More at Internet evidence key, but not enough in Massachusetts murder case

I'm afraid Ms. Lynch is projecting her protection of digital civil liberties to a no-body homicide without understanding and/or acknowledging all of the facts.

Clearly, investigators could not have found probable cause to secure an arrest warrant for murder if the case was based solely on BW's internet search history! That's ludicrous. A successful prosecution resulting in a conviction will require the culmination of both direct and circumstantial evidence which the courts weigh equally. JMO

I'm afraid Ms. Lynch is projecting her protection of digital civil liberties to a no-body homicide without understanding and/or acknowledging all of the facts.

Clearly, investigators could not have found probable cause to secure an arrest warrant for murder if the case was based solely on BW's internet search history! That's ludicrous. A successful prosecution resulting in a conviction will require the culmination of both direct and circumstantial evidence which the courts weigh equally. JMO
I agree, it’s not only about internet searches but the fact that BW’s wife is missing, there is blood and weapons found at the house, cleaning supplies buying spree and trash bags with evidence found. So there is more to that..than online searches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back