SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found both opening statements quite underwhelming. I don’t know what I expected, but it wasn’t that. Impressions, anyone?

The prosecution was good imo. As long as he was stating correctly what the evidence shows, they have a very good case.

If it is certain that Alex's voice is on video only 3 minutes before the victim's phones go quiet, then that's game over.

Law & Crime analysts are talking about how DH is "revered" and is a great trial attorney. I haven't felt that way from what I've seen so far.
I think DH has gotten too old for this kind of high profile case. He just isn't as sharp, hey it's life and happens to all of us if we live long enough.

MOO

Chapman testifies that something that struck him as odd is when AM wanted to disconnect the 911 call so he could call his family, especially after being frantic previously in the call wanting to know where first responders were.

Classic AM! I recall he did the very same during his 911 call after his roadside botched suicide for hire. MOO

The prosecution was good imo. As long as he was stating correctly what the evidence shows, they have a very good case.

If it is certain that Alex's voice is on video only 3 minutes before the victim's phones go quiet, then that's game over.

Agree, the digital evidence in this case will be difficult for DH to overcome. It makes a very tight timeline of AM's activities. Same with DNA/blood spatter on AM's t shirt. Also the rain coat found at his mother's home with blood on it.

I had a meeting and missed so much! Paul was found face down? AM says he left after 911 call to go to the house to get weapon? Is that the camo rifle he had?

I need a diagram of this scene! I caught the tire impressions in the grass part, but no idea where those were. And is this witness the sheriffs office boss? How did he hear the 911 call before arriving on scene, or am I misunderstanding?

Could someone pls fill me in? TIA.

And DARN, I missed the I redacted 911 call! I need a source to watch a replay of this tonight.

Interesting idea. But if the phone had incriminating evidence, why leave it? Why not dispose of it? I wonder if the phone was checked for fingerprints.
Eather way in this day and age all phone records, text and so on are available to the authorities. Hmm maybe better to leave it on the location then toss it, train of thought in the suspect's mind at the time.

does Buster have an alibi?

Also, Buster is on the prosecution's witness list to potentially testify against his father.

Quote from link:

We did some digging and discovered that — while no one has been excluded in connection with the Murdaugh Murders — it appears as though Buster Murdaugh was in the Rock Hill-Charlotte area at the time of the slayings, according to our sources.

Buster, 25, was living and working in the Rock Hill-Charlotte area in June, according to FITSNews sources.

This is corroborated by what Randy Murdaugh, Buster’s uncle, told a Good Morning America reporter 10 days after the murders.

Murdaugh Murders Update: Where Was Paul's Brother Buster Murdaugh?

Law & Crime analysts are talking about how DH is "revered" and is a great trial attorney. I haven't felt that way from what I've seen so far.
I've immediately decided they are morons. I just heard them say they feel now they are 'team Murdoch. based on his crying or something.. WHAT? Trash talking and fake, I had to check it wasn't FOX 'news' for real... Ignore them, turns out. I'll go reheat my coffee. Missed my nap due to this. So many people there have opinions on Maggie over the years, all of it through the years and love to hear what they think. It's NOT a huge community AT all and have been topic of 'talk' forever anyway. Not good 'talk' either ever.

Yes, Angenette Levy says she likes DH, is very impressed with him and great praise. Ok, Angenette. Got it.
Lol -- my very first introduction to the name DH was by A Levy some 15 mos ago and I've been looking for that character, legend ever since! :rolleyes:

ETA:

Besides representing AM, DH is also a member of the SC Senate from the 20th district -- assumed office Nov 2018. (His spouse is the ambassador of the US to the Republic of Slovenia).

From Wikipedia

Richard A. Harpootlian (born January 23, 1949) is an American attorney and politician serving as a member of the South Carolina Senate from the 20th district. He served as the chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party from 1998 to 2003 and again from 2011 to 2013.

Last edited:
Quote from link:

We did some digging and discovered that — while no one has been excluded in connection with the Murdaugh Murders — it appears as though Buster Murdaugh was in the Rock Hill-Charlotte area at the time of the slayings, according to our sources.

Buster, 25, was living and working in the Rock Hill-Charlotte area in June, according to FITSNews sources.

This is corroborated by what Randy Murdaugh, Buster’s uncle, told a Good Morning America reporter 10 days after the murders.

Murdaugh Murders Update: Where Was Paul's Brother Buster Murdaugh?

Welcome OttawaSleuth and all our other new members! Glad you're here!

Chapman noticed AM looked stressed, didn't see him cry. There were times that AM's demeanor shifted based on questions. GSR kit was done prior to SLED's arrival due to 6 hr timeline for collection.

At the defense table AM clearly puts down his head & makes downward mouth movements, rocks when PM’s body condition is talked about.
Not so much when MM’s body is talked about.
Coupled with his voice inflection on that 911 call ( & even body cam recordings) is more about his son, my son…rather than his wife, my wife.…why is he not equally upset about his wife?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member