SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapman just said Paul's truck was later located in Hampton County - I'm curious as to the reasoning for Paul's truck being there. Just a thought - I can see DH jumping on the fact that Paul's truck wasn't at the scene.
Did Chapman give a specific location in Hampton County?

Interesting idea. But if the phone had incriminating evidence, why leave it? Why not dispose of it? I wonder if the phone was checked for fingerprints.
MOO I think AM checked it and it was locked. He couldn't get in. I think he just tossed back on Paul. (Instead of trying to stick it back in his pocket).

FYI: Here's a link to a timeline of the events surrounding this case. As cases go, this one has a very long and complex series of events, leading up to and continuing after the murder of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

During 911 call I was waiting to hear AM reference Paul...something like "Paul why did you get into this" ...or words similar. I know I have heard that before when listening to 911 call! I didn't hear it today.
I've heard that too, but I don't think it was real.

Maybe this is what Buster will testify to if called…

Murdaugh tells the dispatcher he doesn't know who has been threatening his son Paul, but his other son, Buster, does know.

Something's fishy here IMO. I find it strange that AM told authorities that he doesn't know who was threatening Paul, but Buster did.
Does it seem strange that a father doesn't know what both of his sons do? Buster must have told AM he knew who was threatening Paul. Why not also share who it was and why?

Chapman just said Paul's truck was later located in Hampton County - I'm curious as to the reasoning for Paul's truck being there. Just a thought - I can see DH jumping on the fact that Paul's truck wasn't at the scene.
Per the below article, maybe Paul drove his truck to his grandparent's home in Almeda (which is in Hampton County), switched into his uncle's truck there, and drove his uncle's truck to Moselle?

"Whether Paul Murdaugh’s presence at Moselle was a surprise to Alex Murdaugh – or something he knew about – is still unknown....

According to his uncle, John Marvin Murdaugh, Paul spent the day working with him at his equipment rental business in Okatie, S.C.. When Randolph Murdaugh III needed to be transported to the hospital in Savannah, John Marvin drove his truck to his parent’s home in Almeda and took his father to Savannah in his mother’s car.

He asked Paul to retrieve his truck from his parent’s home – which is believed to be the vehicle Paul drove to Moselle on the night he was murdered. As our founding editor Will Folks reported in this article, Paul was at Moselle checking on a friend’s dog. It’s never been made clear if Paul’s presence was unexpected."

For me, its more a feeling of "I can't believe he did this". My rational mind tells me he probably did do this, but my empathetic mind cannot grasp how anyone could do this to anyone, let alone their son and wife. JMO
This is a guy who, after his longtime housekeeper Gloria Satterfield died on his property from some bizarre "accident," then stole settlement money from her sons, one of whom was disabled. So yeah, my rational mind absolutely believed he could kill those who were in his way.

These are my notes on the timeline from the prosecution's opening statement, which he said is backed up by phone data. If he is correct, it is very damning.

8:15 p.m Maggie arrived at house, and Paul was already at the house.
Alex said they ate dinner together, confirmed by stomach contents of victims.

8:30 p.m. Paul heads to the kennels.

8:44:55 p.m. Paul records a video to send to a friend. Witnesses have identified voices heard on the video as Paul, Maggie and Alex.

8:49:01 p.m. Paul's phone goes silent.

8:49:31 p.m. Maggie's phone goes silent.

Between 8:09 p.m. and 9:02 p.m. Alex’s phone didn’t have much activity, it was not at the kennels.

9:02 p.m. Alex calls Maggie's phone

9:06 p.m. Alex calls Maggie's phone again, and starts his car.

Alex texts Maggie that he's going to check on his mom at Alameda.

Alex drives to mom’s, he makes more calls on the drive.

Alex is at mom’s for 20 minutes

9:44 p.m., he leaves and heads back home. He makes more calls on the drive back.

10:01 p.m. Alex is back home.

10:06 p.m. Alex calls 911.
Well AM thought ahead of time not to have his phone down at the kennels. That sounds premeditated to me.

These are my notes on the timeline from the prosecution's opening statement, which he said is backed up by phone data. If he is correct, it is very damning.

8:15 p.m Maggie arrived at house, and Paul was already at the house.
Alex said they ate dinner together, confirmed by stomach contents of victims.

8:30 p.m. Paul heads to the kennels.

8:44:55 p.m. Paul records a video to send to a friend. Witnesses have identified voices heard on the video as Paul, Maggie and Alex.

8:49:01 p.m. Paul's phone goes silent.

8:49:31 p.m. Maggie's phone goes silent.

Between 8:09 p.m. and 9:02 p.m. Alex’s phone didn’t have much activity, it was not at the kennels.

9:02 p.m. Alex calls Maggie's phone

9:06 p.m. Alex calls Maggie's phone again, and starts his car.

Alex texts Maggie that he's going to check on his mom at Alameda.

Alex drives to mom’s, he makes more calls on the drive.

Alex is at mom’s for 20 minutes

9:44 p.m., he leaves and heads back home. He makes more calls on the drive back.

10:01 p.m. Alex is back home.

10:06 p.m. Alex calls 911.
Rbbm

Hmmmm

Did AM call MM's phone to aid himself in locating it?

(If MM's phone went silent at 8:49, where did AM's calls and texts go?)

JMO

Watching the defense lawyer's cross examination it's seems to me that he's trying to impress on the jury that the crime scene was contaminated, stomped on as if a Truck Rally had taken place and crowds were gathering to watch the show.

Harpo is making a point about the way they handled parts of the crime scene. As local/county PD, they need to check to see if anyone is alive and if the scene is secured. Otherwise, wait for SLED to arrive and process the crime scene, and they should be prepared to respond quickly with all the experts and equipment they need. They shouldn't have even allowed EMS to take the bodies until after SLED released them. SLED agents would have been the ones to enter the crime scene after dressing in boots, coveralls, etc. to avoid contamination.

Basing this on how the crime scenes were handled by LE for the Rhoden Family murders in Pike County, OH.

Between this case and the one in Idaho, rural Ohio looks better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member