SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not getting the supposed “match” with the footprints. Looking like it could be and being are miles apart and with the tech that we hear so much about with incidental markings and such, this just seems vague.

Between this case and the one in Idaho, rural Ohio looks better and better.

I was thinking about that earlier. Sheriff Charlie Reader did the right thing in calling Ohio BCI immediately. BCI got there in about 20 minutes or less.

All LE, when they come upon a big crime scene should stop and think of Pike County, OH: How would you manage this crime scene if your governor is in the midst of a presidential campaign and the AG is already running to be governor? Very carefully. Give it to the AG and let him run the show.

Why Sequester Witnesses?​

Witness exclusion orders are intended to prevent witnesses from tailoring their testimony based on what other witnesses have said. This helps the jury ferret out the truth by noticing inconsistencies in the testimonies of different witnesses.

When Do Judges Exclude Witnesses From the Courtroom?​

Under federal court rules, judges must exclude witnesses whenever it’s requested by one of the parties (the defendant, the prosecutor, or, in a civil case, the person who filed the lawsuit). They may also decide to issue exclusion orders on their own. (Fed. R. Evid. 615 (2019).)

States have similar rules. In some states, however, judges aren’t required to grant a request to sequester witnesses; instead, they have the power to decide whether the order is needed.

Usually, judges issue witness exclusion orders at the beginning of trial, before any testimony. But when it’s appropriate, they may decide to exclude witnesses after the trial has gotten underway or during pretrial hearings.

More at link.

ETA: I generally follow federal court cases where if neither party objects to the witness (ie., a family member) being exempt from an exclusion order, the court will allow them to be present at trial before they testify.

Here, I believe the county district court operates similarly and family including Buster is allowed inside the courtroom by agreement of the parties.

Most recently, I can only recall one trial where the prosecution rejected family not being exempt from the order and that was Patrick Frazee's murder trial in Colorado. PK's mother, on the witness list, was never called but remained ordered and was excluded from the courtroom until the verdict. MOO

In Chapmans mind, knowing AM said he wasn't safe and went and got firearm, it was odd that AM wanted to hang up the 911 call to call other family. It could be strange he left the scene and went to the house.
You know if he didn't feel safe at the crime scene and wanted a firearm, why didn't he just stay up at the house until LE arrived?

While I appreciate Law &Crime's split screen, kudos for that, the talking heads must be out on a smoke break or something instead of watching the trial. DH is not doing well at all, and if he was an effective trial attorney in the past, he really seems to be floundering in this. I wonder if his heart is not really in it? He's saving his best for later? Isn't later now? First impressions, etc.

Also, this is pure speculation, MOO, but I think Buster is so stoic due to tolerable living through chemicals. JMO. Can't say I'd blame him. He's a very young man who has had his entire world ripped apart and may have his own internal burdens to bear.

Yes, that's a very strange statement. If your son has been threatened and you've been told that information by your other son, you would naturally ask him "who is threatening him?"
And if you are a politically wired-in, influential, and wealthy lawyer, you would insist on knowing who threatened your son.

Saw faint tracks to spot close to Maggie's body. They spent time trying to figure out how different people moved around that night. Tried to see how the tracks lined up with the vehicles there. Were actually impressions in the grass. Didn't line up with the vehicles that were present.
When they were discussing vehicles today, they never said where Maggie's car was?

I thought a number of weeks ago -- around the time we learned the development that MM didn't want to go to Moselle that night and texted a friends on the way over that she thought something was up with AM -- it was stated she left her car running. MMO. MOO.

Additionally -- LE testified today that on June 8 they did a BOLO on Paul's white F-250. He said where it was located but the location did not ring a bell with me. Been answered! Thank you!

Last edited:
I was thinking about that earlier. Sheriff Charlie Reader did the right thing in calling Ohio BCI immediately. BCI got there in about 20 minutes or less.

All LE, when they come upon a big crime scene should stop and think of Pike County, OH: How would you manage this crime scene if your governor is in the midst of a presidential campaign and the AG is already running to be governor? Very carefully. Give it to the AG and let him run the show.
I agree. And I keep thinking of how slow that trial went, because every single item of evidence was wrapped up like a Christmas goose stuffed inside a couple of paper bags sealed like they contained toxic waste. All of the time and paper crinkling it took to open the evidence. Every little thing was done so carefully.

While I appreciate Law &Crime's split screen, kudos for that, the talking heads must be out on a smoke break or something instead of watching the trial. DH is not doing well at all, and if he was an effective trial attorney in the past, he really seems to be floundering in this. I wonder if his heart is not really in it? He's saving his best for later? Isn't later now? First impressions, etc.

Also, this is pure speculation, MOO, but I think Buster is so stoic due to tolerable living through chemicals. JMO. Can't say I'd blame him. He's a very young man who has had his entire world ripped apart and may have his own internal burdens to bear.
Maybe he was only seen as a good attorney because he held power and influence, and not because of his actual skills.

I'm totally convinced he wants to get AM convicted at this point lol

I had a meeting and missed so much! Paul was found face down? AM says he left after 911 call to go to the house to get weapon? Is that the camo rifle he had?

I need a diagram of this scene! I caught the tire impressions in the grass part, but no idea where those were. And is this witness the sheriffs office boss? How did he hear the 911 call before arriving on scene, or am I misunderstanding?

Could someone pls fill me in? TIA.

And DARN, I missed the I redacted 911 call! I need a source to watch a replay of this tonight.
If you want some aerials and photos -- go to the MEDIA ONLY thread for this case.

Edit: thanks -- those of you who also posted stuff here for our convneience!

Last edited:
Per the below article, maybe Paul drove his truck to his grandparent's home in Almeda (which is in Hampton County), switched into his uncle's truck there, and drove his uncle's truck to Moselle?

"Whether Paul Murdaugh’s presence at Moselle was a surprise to Alex Murdaugh – or something he knew about – is still unknown....

According to his uncle, John Marvin Murdaugh, Paul spent the day working with him at his equipment rental business in Okatie, S.C.. When Randolph Murdaugh III needed to be transported to the hospital in Savannah, John Marvin drove his truck to his parent’s home in Almeda and took his father to Savannah in his mother’s car.

He asked Paul to retrieve his truck from his parent’s home – which is believed to be the vehicle Paul drove to Moselle on the night he was murdered. As our founding editor Will Folks reported in this article, Paul was at Moselle checking on a friend’s dog. It’s never been made clear if Paul’s presence was unexpected."

Very interesting read! Thanks for posting the link.

He asked Paul to retrieve his truck from his parent’s home – which is believed to be the vehicle Paul drove to Moselle on the night he was murdered. As our founding editor Will Folks reported in this article, Paul was at Moselle checking on a friend’s dog. It’s never been made clear if Paul’s presence was unexpected."
^^rsbm

Except how does this equate to the defenses opening of the family having dinner together prior to AM leaving to check on his mother -- and AM driving around the property with PM to check on the trees recently planted?

I'm thinking this is a questionable source. MOO

Inside the Alex Murdaugh Defense: Visual Evidence, Experts, and an ‘Essential’ Stained T-Shirt

View attachment 397992
This definitely helps me visualize the areas they're talking about during testimony since we are unable to see the body cam footage.
I couldn't get it clear in my mind where the flip-flop tracks were in the hangar. Anyone help me?

Did anyone notice Poot's subtle nod toward the Cuzin Eddie's story about Paul catching Maggie with caretaker -- he got the [edit] Chief Chapman to report who the tire marks in this shed belonged to, around the time they brought up the flip-flop trail. MOO. MOO.

Last edited:
Something's fishy here IMO. I find it strange that AM told authorities that he doesn't know who was threatening Paul, but Buster did.
Does it seem strange that a father doesn't know what both of his sons do? Buster must have told AM he knew who was threatening Paul. Why not also share who it was and why?
It does seem strange. Maybe AM was trying to deflect police attention from himself onto Buster.

During 911 call I was waiting to hear AM reference Paul...something like "Paul why did you get into this" ...or words similar. I know I have heard that before when listening to 911 call! I didn't hear it today.
I did not hear it today, nor before. I always questioned whether we all imagined AM muttered that phrase as an aside. I am positive they played the entire tape today -- so that "Paul, why?" utterance must not have been real. MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member