SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
He noted that deputies observed multiple sets of tire impressions in the wet grass around the crime scene, but they didn’t take photos to document them and weren’t able to prevent other responders and even civilians from driving onto the scene and mooting that potential evidence.

In one of the never-before-heard exchanges, Murdaugh told the dispatcher he was going up to the Moselle house to retrieve a shotgun for his own protection, not knowing whether the killer was still on the grounds.

In another, the dispatcher asked Murdaugh if his relatives shot themselves.

“Oh no!” Murdaugh cried. “Hell no!”

Any thoughts about the positions of the bodies and where AM would have been standing to shoot each?

I was assuming that Maggie and Paul would have fallen away from the shooter. And there was mention that Maggie was running from the shooter. Based on the drawing, would AM have gone around the lean-to building? Or would he have remained mostly in an area between the kennels and the lean-to building?

MOO.

View attachment 398168
Drawing from here:
I'm bringing this picture from @LetsSolvIt over from the media page.
I always thought he could have been standing down where it's marked 'kennel' in blue, by where the white vehicle is and the road comes in. The only issue is that doesn't work for MM running *away* from the shooter. Unless she ran away but then turned and fell. MOO

Post in thread 'SC - Paul Murdaugh,22 & Mom Margaret,52, 7 June 2021 *Media, Maps, Timeline-NO DISCUSSION*' SC - Paul Murdaugh,22 & Mom Margaret,52, 7 June 2021 *Media, Maps, Timeline-NO DISCUSSION*

I'm bringing this picture from @LetsSolvIt over from the media page.
I always thought he could have been standing down where it's marked 'kennel' in blue, by where the white vehicle is and the road comes in. The only issue is that doesn't work for MM running *away* from the shooter. Unless she ran away but then turned and fell. MOO

Post in thread 'SC - Paul Murdaugh,22 & Mom Margaret,52, 7 June 2021 *Media, Maps, Timeline-NO DISCUSSION*' SC - Paul Murdaugh,22 & Mom Margaret,52, 7 June 2021 *Media, Maps, Timeline-NO DISCUSSION*
Replying to myself and thinking outloud here. Actually where I said would work. I'm thinking PM and MM were standing by the doorway to the kennel. PM is shot and if the yellow markers indicate casings then MM was shot at multiple times while she was running away. All just my opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127_074932_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230127_074932_Chrome.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 23
Any thoughts about the positions of the bodies and where AM would have been standing to shoot each?

I was assuming that Maggie and Paul would have fallen away from the shooter. And there was mention that Maggie was running from the shooter. Based on the drawing, would AM have gone around the lean-to building? Or would he have remained mostly in an area between the kennels and the lean-to building?

MOO.

View attachment 398168
Drawing from here:

There are two pics here of the hanger that show the dog house that is marked on this image, it gave me a better perspective of where Maggie was.

Jmo

There are two pics here of the hanger that show the dog house that is marked on this image, it gave me a better perspective of where Maggie was.

Jmo

So, from those photos, it looks like Maggie would have been by an open area of the building (roof but no walls), not behind a wall (as is sort-of the impression from the drawing).

MOO.

1674828101409.png

1674828180061.png

Photos from:

He will never lose those images -- they will haunt him forever. And if he is responsible ... ? MOO.

I am actually wondering if he will make it through the trial if he has to keep reliving that night over and over for three weeks. This is very intense, grisly, emotional stuff, where he knows he is being judged, not to mention he has his son and family staring down his back, except for LMG who appears to be totally sympathetic judging by her body language and facial expressions. MOO.

I think AM is too much of a narcissist to take his own life, but I wonder if he might just get tired of being there and reliving it day after day and give up -- plead? Just a thought. MOO.
I see it totally different. I believe AM is faking any emotion he displays, and I think he is embarrassed and pissed off that he dare be made to sit at a defense table and be judged for any of his actions. He thought he could shoot and kill his wife and son and waltz his way right out of it because the Murdaughs have a deep sense of entitlement a hundred years in the making.

AM has been a scheming, lying manipulator of people's money and trust for many years, possibly his entire life. I think the pain and sorrow he feels is strictly for himself. He is a person without conscience or morals IMO.

MOO

I see it totally different. I believe AM is faking any emotion he displays, and I think he is embarrassed and pissed off that he dare be made to sit at a defense table and be judged for any of his actions. He thought he could shoot and kill his wife and son and waltz his way right out of it because the Murdaughs have a deep sense of entitlement a hundred years in the making.

AM has been a scheming, lying manipulator of people's money and trust for many years, possibly his entire life. I think the pain and sorrow he feels is strictly for himself. He is a person without conscience or morals IMO.

MOO
Him being an attorney himself he would have a good idea of the ins and outs of crime investigation and going off his knowledge cover his tracks. Being an attorney and not a skilled hit man let's say he's bound to miss some fine details. The man's life financially was crumbling around him and coming to light for all to see. Desperate times can and have called for desperate measures.

I saw that the Daily Mail reported that Buster was going to testify against his father, but I think that's false.

According to the official witness list submitted to the courts, Buster is a potential witness for the defense. The only Murdaugh on the prosecution witness list is Randy Murdaugh. He is listed as a witness for both prosecution and defense. I'm guessing he'd be classified as a hostile witness for the prosectution.

Read full list of people who may testify in Murdaugh murder trial

Does anyone understand what "hostile witness" means from a practical standpoint in the US justice system?
A hostile witness is a witness who testifies against the party who has called them to testify. The examiner may ask a hostile witness leading questions, as in cross-examination. Also known as an adverse witness.

Replying to myself and thinking outloud here. Actually where I said would work. I'm thinking PM and MM were standing by the doorway to the kennel. PM is shot and if the yellow markers indicate casings then MM was shot at multiple times while she was running away. All just my opinion.
We know that MM was shot with a different type of weapon than the weapon used to shoot PM. I believe many of the casings near MM's body were already on the ground from a previous family outing and the ballistics expert is using these older casings as evidence to prove PM was shot with a weapon purchased/owned by AM. MOO

Wow! 255 witnesses, only like 35 are straight up defense witnesses too. A lot of names from the financial crimes are on the list too. RM is on the state's list but not the defense. BM and JMM are on defense list as well as MM's family. That last is a surprise to me.
And there are 3 defense witnesses named Branstetter (Maggie’s maiden name). Are these her family members testifying for the defense?

So, from those photos, it looks like Maggie would have been by an open area of the building (roof but no walls), not behind a wall (as is sort-of the impression from the drawing).

MOO.

View attachment 398176

View attachment 398177

Photos from:
I'd like to figure out with these photos and/or the motion body diagram where Chapman found the flip-flop footprints. The way they were described is that they were in a straight line. He talked about how he and his deputy walked together along side the trail of footprints, with the prints between their feet and the wall of the building. Since there appears to be a box against the building wall on this side of the enclosure, it sounds like the foot prints might have been on the far side. With that image, I am wondering if Maggie was trying to hide back there and paced from one side to the other trying to avoid the shooter? Or were the footprints inside? MOO.

We know that MM was shot with a different type of weapon than the weapon used to shoot PM. I believe many of the casings near MM's body were already on the ground from a previous family outing and the ballistics expert is using these older casings as evidence to prove PM was shot with a weapon purchased/owned by AM. MOO
Ooh, thank you for clarifying that!

One thing that really stuck with me when listening to the 911 call was that he told them his going up the house to retrieve a weapon then come back down. Now putting myself into the scene, I show up at the scene I see my wife and son basically slaughtered in an area that is wide open with dozens of places for an intruder/ killer to hide. So I decide to leave the area that could still hold a killer but instead of holding up at the house with your weapon and back to the wall eyeballing every window I head on back down to the open area and once again expose myself to possible attack from...everywhere. My moma didn't raise no dummy and you would find me up at the house waiting for police to arrive, weapon at the ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get