SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there are 3 defense witnesses named Branstetter (Maggie’s maiden name). Are these her family members testifying for the defense?
That's what it looks like. Those names are not on the State's list. I did notice though less than a handful of the 255 listed had "(not under subpoena)" besides their names. I took that to mean all other witnesses were subpoenaed? Maybe MM's family members has no choice but to appear for the defense? Only thing ai can think of as to why they would be subpoenaed by the defense is to testify about MM and AM's relationship? AJMO

Last edited:
Don't recall any mention of MM's car in testimony so far.

I read this.

Something that bothered Chapman as he processed the scene was that there was no vehicle with Maggie and Paul. The kennels are a “substantial” distance from their house, but there didn’t appear to be a car that Maggie and Paul drove. There were vehicles in the area, but they did not line up with any of the tracks in the area, according to Chapman.

Am I to understand that MMs vehicle was not there?
I've been wondering the same. It was said in testimony AM's vehicle was the only one at the "scene". Now we find out PM's vehicle is off the property on the side of a road in Hampton (County or Town?). If MM's vehicle was up at the house, would that still be considered "the scene"?

He likes to get in a person's space. I also think he has a hearing problem.
Harpootlian uses this “stalking” behavior as an intimidation tactic. He’s done it several times. It’s so rude. The prosecution just ignores him completely which I love.

It reminds me (let’s not start a political discussion, though) of Trump following and hovering over Clinton during their debates in 2015.

Watching it live now and watching AM, seems like watching himself on the video looking for anything he may have said or body language that wouldn't look good then nodding when things flow in his favor.

Good morning WS! I'm listening this morning and trying to get caught up by reading posts from last night/this morning. Did find it interesting that AM says he tried to roll PM over, yet there was no blood visible on his clothing when LE arrived. (Per the recorded initial interview being played right now with SLED).

Open questions,
Is anyone aware of any witnesses that claim to have heard the gunshots that likely killed PM and MM? Looking at google maps there appears to be 2 structures on Moselle Rd not far from the crime scene. Does anyone know what these are? Does anyone know if they are part of the Moselle Farm property? Does anyone know if they were occupied at the time of these murders?

Did AM just say when he discovered his son Paul's body, he rolled him over, saw Paul's cell phone, then picked up phone and placed it on top of Paul's body? o_O I need to rewind and give this interview another listen.
my opinion

Last edited:
Detective on the stand was in the car where AM’s interview with SLED was, sitting behind him, AM was in front passenger seat. She was asked if he appeared impaired and her response was no. IMO this question seemed in reference to his drug use.

AM’s voice is not high pitched as in his 911 call.

Open questions,
Is anyone aware of any witnesses that claim to have heard the gunshots that likely killed PM and MM? Looking at google maps there appears to be 2 structures on Moselle Rd not far from the crime scene. Does anyone know what these are? Does anyone know if they are part of the Moselle Farm property? Does anyone know if they were occupied at the time of these murders?

Part of Moselle 2nd house.

Harpootlian uses this “stalking” behavior as an intimidation tactic. He’s done it several times. It’s so rude. The prosecution just ignores him completely which I love.

It reminds me (let’s not start a political discussion, though) of Trump following and hovering over Clinton during their debates in 2015.
Have seen the same behavior by other aggressive defense attorneys, most recently John Parker, who was George Wagner IV's attorney in his murder trial. He liked getting into witnesses personal space, especially women.

Did AM just say when he discovered his son Paul's body, he rolled him over, saw Paul's cell phone, then picked it up phone and placed it on top of Paul's body? o_O I need to rewind and give this interview another listen.
my opinion
Yes believed he said he attempted to roll his son over and such, first rule and he should know it as an attorney...Don't touch nothing including bodies at a crime scene. Sure he had a good idea that both were deceased so why even tamper or touch them.

Last edited:
Where do you see that?
Sorry I was watching the live feed and somehow it popped onto yesterday's start without me realizing until Harp made the "Macgyver" comment about the screens. So yes, the judge did get an email and spoke to it yesterday morning about someone divulging juror's identities...that was not this morning's news. Apologies

One thing that really stuck with me when listening to the 911 call was that he told them his going up the house to retrieve a weapon then come back down. Now putting myself into the scene, I show up at the scene I see my wife and son basically slaughtered in an area that is wide open with dozens of places for an intruder/ killer to hide. So I decide to leave the area that could still hold a killer but instead of holding up at the house with your weapon and back to the wall eyeballing every window I head on back down to the open area and once again expose myself to possible attack from...everywhere. My moma didn't raise no dummy and you would find me up at the house waiting for police to arrive, weapon at the ready.
Absolutely! I think the fact that he returned to where the bodies were points to the fact that he knew there weren't any other shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member