SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/DrewTripp
@DrewTripp

Asked who possibly could've killed his wife and son, Murdaugh tells wild story about caretaker (CB Rowe) recently hired. Says Rowe told Paul he was undercover working with FBI to kill radical Black Panther operatives after FBI agent saw him in a street fight with some Black guys.

Alex adds he doesn't REALLY think CB Rowe killed Paul, and Paul got along OK with CB despite the weirdness.

AM just confirmed his dad was at St Joseph Hospital in Savannah.

Would that be GA?

I don't imagine MM had any interest in traveling with AM to Savannah, GA!

Did she ever see her father-in-law?

If not, this sure seems like a ruse to get MM to Moselle! JMO

ETA: add 7/15/22 news link

On the evening of June 7, 2021, Alex Murdaugh allegedly reached out to his wife Maggie, asking her to meet him at the family's 1,770-acre estate in the small town of Islandton, S.C.

According to a law enforcement source close to the investigation, Alex told Maggie that his 81-year-old father, Randolph Murdaugh III, was in failing health and that she needed to see him before he died.

According to several sources, Maggie and Alex had hit a rough patch in their marriage, and she was staying at the family's beach house on Edisto Island, approximately an hour away from the family's estate.

The law enforcement source tells PEOPLE that Maggie initially declined to meet Alex at the family home, suggesting instead that they meet at the hospital. Ultimately, she consented to meet at the property, planning to follow Alex to the hospital in her own vehicle.

[..]

When Maggie arrived at the scene, she left her car running and walked to the dog kennels on the estate where her son, Paul, was taking photos of a dog he was watching for a friend.

It's unclear what happened next — but Maggie, 52, and Paul, 22 were gunned down close to the dog kennels. Paul's body was found "half in and half out" of the dog kennels, authorities say.

Last edited:
@DrewTripp

Asked who possibly could've killed his wife and son, Murdaugh tells wild story about caretaker (CB Rowe) recently hired. Says Rowe told Paul he was undercover working with FBI to kill radical Black Panther operatives after FBI agent saw him in a street fight with some Black guys.

Alex adds he doesn't REALLY think CB Rowe killed Paul, and Paul got along OK with CB despite the weirdness.
Yup bout fell off my chair laughing as I listened to his theories and waiting for the "Shooter from the grassy knoll" one to pop up. Understandable about possible threats over the boat incident and any threats should have been reported for future proof if needed but he's throwing out all sorts of possibilities like handing out candy to trick or treaters.

I have personal experience with someone suffering from Alzheimer's (both of my grandmothers) and I agree with the Detective when she testified that it was an odd time to visit someone suffering from Alzheimer's (AM's mother) because they are usually worse at night. Both of my grandmothers were always significantly more confused and agitated the closer it got to their bedtime. I also found it odd that he would be going over to see his mom that late, because if she was anything like my grandmothers they were in bed at that point.

How could he have no blood on him anywhere when he said he tried to roll Paul over and check both their pulses?

The detective said there was also no footprints around Paul…I believe that they are trying to show that the water pooling around Paul was used to wash the footprints. moo

How could he have no blood on him anywhere when he said he tried to roll Paul over and check both their pulses?

The detective said there was also no footprints around Paul…I believe that they are trying to show that the water pooling around Paul was used to wash the footprints. moo
Right? The defense has made a point in previous days of mentioning that AM didn't have any blood on him (referencing that he couldn't be the perpetrator because he should have had blood on him if he did it), but it also proves that he lied to LE about checking MM and PM's pulse/trying to turn PM over. MOO.

1674834833417.png

1 hr 29 min (87.6 mi) via I-95 S

Per AM's interview with Rutland, his dad was at St Joseph Hospital located about 87 miles from Moselle. (Assuming Savannah, GA).

IMO, MM had good reason to think something was "fishy" about AM asking her to come to the house so they could go see his dad together.

ETA: Defense Attorney JG states AM's dad was admitted to the hospital on the afternoon of 6/7 when examining officer Rutland at trial on 1/27/23.

Last edited:
View attachment 398190

1 hr 29 min (87.6 mi) via I-95 S

Per AM's interview with Rutland, his dad was at St Joseph Hospital located about 87 miles from Moselle. (Assuming Savannah, GA).

IMO, MM had good reason to think something was "fishy" about AM asking her to come to the house so they could go see his dad together.
That's a long trip for that hour of the evening. Why go so late? Well, we know.

Also state attorney makes good points about AM's clean clothes and hands, but also no signs around the body of Paul or his mom. No shoeprints, nothing. Both were lying in pools of blood. Anyone handling/moving their bodies to check for a pulse would have left some sign. I suppose this is why DH is making such a big deal over the rainfall, water, etc. around the bodies - trying to imply water washed away any signs of AM being there to check their pulses.

Right? The defense has made a point in previous days of mentioning that AM didn't have any blood on him (referencing that he couldn't be the perpetrator because he should have had blood on him if he did it), but it also proves that he lied to LE about checking MM and PM's pulse/trying to turn PM over. MOO.
Alternatively, IF he is telling the truth, it proves that he cleaned up before calling 911. Ikm going with that theory…….i don’t think it makes sense to have lied about turning the boy over…..he had to explain the odd placement of the phone. But he could not have done it without getting blood/gore on himself.

1/27/23 Live Blog -- Day 5 of Trial

[..]

07:47

Interview over. Rutland notes she thought it was odd that Alex went to visit his mother late at night because Alzheimer's sufferers tend to be worse at night.

07:44

Alex gets a phone call. "Don't let him come up here." Tells Owen it's Buster arriving.

07:43

Alex notes Paul was laying exactly as he is now when AM found him. He checked him, tried to carefully roll him over but didn't end up moving him,

07:41

Alex notes how he called Maggie's siblings to let them know what happened so they could go tell Maggie's parents in person. Buster is on the way to the scene.

07:40

Alex talks about his father in the hospital in Savannah. "He's doing OK given everything, but he's got a lot going on."

07:38

Alex checks phone. Shows where here texted Maggie at 9:08 saying he was leaving. Texted her at 9:47 when he was on his way back, after calling with no answer at 9:45. Tried Paul. No answer. 10:06 called 911.

07:35

Alex asked about the doctor visit. Routine stuff. Maggie got to the house later than he and Paul. Alex took a nap. Got up and left to go check on Mom. Texted and called Maggie. No answer. Says she normally answers right away, but that wasn't unusual.

07:33

Rutland asks if there are any cameras on the property. Alex says there are trail cameras for deer hunting, but none close to the dog kennels.

07:32

Alex says Maggie loves the dog, not at all uncommon for Maggie to be out at the kennels.

07:31

Paul had been working for Alex's brother John Marvin, and had come home to work on getting things ready to plant sunflowers. Alex mentions again how they'd rode around together. Maggie had doctor's appointment and errands in Charleston, and got back to the house late.

07:30

Murdaugh says the family has 20-25 guns on the property. All kinds. Rifles, pistols, shotguns. All kept in the hunting room in the house. Doesn't know for sure how many.

07:29

Owen asks Murdaugh where the gun came from he had on scene when deputies arrived. Alex says he got it from the house, retelling the chain of events from the 911 call.

07:28

Alex asked if any weapons were stored on the property.
"I know there was a 12 gauge shotgun out here (at the kennel). I'll have to find out when that was. I think it got put up, but I'm not sure." Can't recall what type it was. Camo, either Beretta or Benelli.

07:26

Rutland asks Alex how Paul has been handling the aftermath of the boat crash.
"I've never been prouder of him than the way he's handled the pressures and adversity in that situation. I mean Paul is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful kid. He can do almost anything. He gets along with almost anybody."

[..]

@DrewTripp

I had to back my live feed up to listen to that part again! Very conspiracy theory-ish!

An excellent point was made during this testimony. Alex said he tried to turn Paul over. He didn't have any blood visible on him, his clothes, or his shoes. There were not footprints to be seen around Paul's body. So, Alex was caught in a lie. I don't think Alex is the sharpest tool in the shed!

Also, I believe after he killed them, he went to his mother's to take a shower, change his clothes, and dispose of evidence. That's MOO. One of the officers yesterday said that the blood around the bodies was coagulating, so I believe they were dead for some time, before he returned from his mother's and called the police.

I have to wonder whether he knew Paul was out there when he presumably shot Maggie. Maybe Paul saw that murder and was shot because of that, to eliminate him as a murder witness. Alex seems to get emotional when the discussion goes to Paul's injuries, but not even a little bit when Maggie is discussed. Again, that's just more speculation on my part.

An excellent point was made during this testimony. Alex said he tried to turn Paul over. He didn't have any blood visible on him, his clothes, or his shoes. There were not footprints to be seen around Paul's body. So, Alex was caught in a lie. I don't think Alex is the sharpest tool in the shed!

Also, I believe after he killed them, he went to his mother's to take a shower, change his clothes, and dispose of evidence. That's MOO. One of the officers yesterday said that the blood around the bodies was coagulating, so I believe they were dead for some time, before he returned from his mother's and called the police.

I have to wonder whether he knew Paul was out there when he presumably shot Maggie. Maybe Paul saw that murder and was shot because of that, to eliminate him as a murder witness. Alex seems to get emotional when the discussion goes to Paul's injuries, but not even a little bit when Maggie is discussed. Again, that's just more speculation on my part.
Agreed he had the time to clean up and make the clothes vanish!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23