TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

When I watched on CNN last evening, I believe there was the transcript, although I missed the first video where they pulled Tyre over. Here’s an article that quotes some, or maybe all, of it.

I couldn’t tell what was going on with the body cams, so I am really glad there is clear evidence from the pole camera. It was silent, of course, and chilling. I don’t normally watch violence, real or fiction, but somehow it seemed the right thing for me to do. Hard to explain, but my sense of justice required it, just as with George Floyd. I guess my thinking is “This is NOT OK and I will not turn aside and ignore what happened.” But I totally understand and sympathize with anyone who couldn’t watch it. I watched it for you, and you’re here, and you’re not ignoring it. Thank you.
Thank you!!

I know why no one "sees" anything or "says" anything. Whistle-blowers are not heralded as "people who saw something wrong and said something". Instead, 99.9% of the time, they are bullied, tormented, isolated and generally terminated for some byzantine reason.

It is unfortunately best to just focus on your own work, see nothing, say nothing. Or say something, and destroy your career, lose your friends, and in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Truth.
Sad but true. I’ve experienced it myself. I’m not in LE but lots and lots of employees just look the other way when they know of various wrong doings in the workplace because they need their paycheck. However, I would NEVER watch a person being beaten and just stand around and watch. NEVER EVER.

I know why no one "sees" anything or "says" anything. Whistle-blowers are not heralded as "people who saw something wrong and said something". Instead, 99.9% of the time, they are bullied, tormented, isolated and generally terminated for some byzantine reason.

It is unfortunately best to just focus on your own work, see nothing, say nothing. Or say something, and destroy your career, lose your friends, and in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Truth.
Sad, but true. It's an individual choice, personally I am one that speaks up, and yes at times it has made things difficult for me. Whether it was at work where I experienced something wrong, or when I observed abuse/ bullying/neglect, I have spoken out, and I always will, if I am fired from a job for speaking out, I don't want to work for a place that would continue such things. Again, personal choice, I did the same when I have witnessed abusive situations, I would not be able to live with myself if I didn't, if I lose friends over that those people really were not my friend.

Sad, but true. It's an individual choice, personally I am one that speaks up, and yes at times it has made things difficult for me. Whether it was at work where I experienced something wrong, or when I observed abuse/ bullying/neglect, I have spoken out, and I always will, if I am fired from a job for speaking out, I don't want to work for a place that would continue such things. Again, personal choice, I did the same when I have witnessed abusive situations, I would not be able to live with myself if I didn't, if I lose friends over that those people really were not my friend.
Yep, one and only time I was ever fired was for speaking up when something was wrong. I have no regrets and am glad I don’t work there anymore. The workplace was toxic and I had so much anxiety working there. If they will do it to them they will do it to me. I speak up when I see abuse, always have and always will. And that’s just in an office. Can you imagine being at your job and seeing your coworkers beat someone not even to death but badly enough to be hospitalized and say nothing? Really? Are there really that few good samaritans left?

Tyre Nichols, the man who died this month after an alleged beating by five police officers, was "damn near perfect," his mother RowVaughn Wells said at a press conference on Monday.

The 29-year-old Nichols had been living in Memphis, Tennessee, with his parents since the pandemic, according to his mother. Although he lived in Memphis at the time of his death, Nichols had previously lived in California.

He had just started a job at FedEx working alongside his stepfather, Rodney Wells.

"He was very, very beloved at my job. Everybody's calling me with blessings, prayers [and] showing sympathy for what happened," Rodney Wells said.

"He only worked at FedEx for maybe nine months, but you should see the out pour of love and support," RowVaughn Wells said.

Truth.

IMO Even the good officers in LAW ENFORCEMENT are in a bad situation if they don't at least turn their head to abuse they witness. It's a no win situation for them. If they say something, then chances are nobody will have their back when they need it and they will become a target. It's not right, but if enough bad apples are running things your own life is in jeopardy should you go against the status quo. I'm thinking the only way to really blow the whistle is to quit your job and then TRY to have a TRUE investigation by INTERNAL AFFAIRS hoping they aren't compromised as well.

Cerelyn 'CJ' Davis was kicked out of the Atlanta Police Department in 2008 for her role in the botched investigation of sergeant Tonya Crane's husband Terrill Marion Crane - who later turned out to be guilty.

Two detectives on the case accused Davis - who was deputy chief at the time - of urging them not to dig into the claims against Crane after the unit received pictures of him with underage middle school girls.

Before his January 2023 arrest in the death of Tyre Nichols, Demetrius Haley, 30, was accused of a brutal assault on a prison inmate in 2015

Before his January 2023 arrest in the death of Tyre Nichols, Demetrius Haley, 30, was accused of a brutal assault on a prison inmate in 2015.

A lawyer for one of the five former Memphis cops charged in the fatal beating of Tyre Nichols, has indicated his client may not have been able “to see” — because the officers accidentally pepper-sprayed themselves during the vicious beat down.
1675001809618.jpeg
“Some of the questions that remain will require a focus on Desmond Mills Jr’s individual actions; on what Desmond knew and what he was able to see when he arrived late to the scene; on what Desmond knew and what he was able to see after he was pepper-sprayed; and on whether Desmond’s actions crossed the lines that were crossed by other officers during this incident,” lawyer Blake Ballin said in a statement Saturday.

Last edited:
The horror for this man began right when he was stopped by these 5 sadistic thugs. They yanked him out of the car--- that tells us everything we need to know about these monstrosities. At that point I can't even imagine the fear he was experiencing- and then of course it got so much worse---you begin to wonder if these horrific 5 were just looking for a target to take out their rage-

Cerelyn 'CJ' Davis was kicked out of the Atlanta Police Department in 2008 for her role in the botched investigation of sergeant Tonya Crane's husband Terrill Marion Crane - who later turned out to be guilty.

Two detectives on the case accused Davis - who was deputy chief at the time - of urging them not to dig into the claims against Crane after the unit received pictures of him with underage middle school girls.

Before his January 2023 arrest in the death of Tyre Nichols, Demetrius Haley, 30, was accused of a brutal assault on a prison inmate in 2015

Before his January 2023 arrest in the death of Tyre Nichols, Demetrius Haley, 30, was accused of a brutal assault on a prison inmate in 2015.

A lawyer for one of the five former Memphis cops charged in the fatal beating of Tyre Nichols, has indicated his client may not have been able “to see” — because the officers accidentally pepper-sprayed themselves during the vicious beat down.
View attachment 398537
“Some of the questions that remain will require a focus on Desmond Mills Jr’s individual actions; on what Desmond knew and what he was able to see when he arrived late to the scene; on what Desmond knew and what he was able to see after he was pepper-sprayed; and on whether Desmond’s actions crossed the lines that were crossed by other officers during this incident,” lawyer Blake Ballin said in a statement Saturday.
Wow, thank you for posting this. This is the first I have read about Chief Davis, I did some more reading about it. Why was she reinstated, why would the mayor of Memphis even consider her for the job of police chief after what occurred in Atlanta, I have so many questions. I hope there is an investigation into all of that.

View attachment 398537
Seriously,
after Derek Ch.'s trial, one would think that some cops realize where violence might lead (especially in times when one can be recorded almost everywhere).

But it seems, stupidity is incurable, and the case of self pepper spray is just another level of it.

JMO

Watching this made me feel sick to my stomach. How can people be so cruel? This seems personal.. Wouldn't be surprised if there is some connection between at least one of the officers and Tyre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching this made me feel sick to my stomach. How can people be so cruel? This seems personal.. Wouldn't be surprised if there is some connection between at least one of the officers and Tyre.
I don't believe there is a connection between Tyre and any of these officers: the horrific 5 officer-thugs just took out all of their ugly feelings and rage on this man. I don't believe it was personal. In fact it was impersonal horrible violence.

Honestly I think it's a mistake to release the video after 6 pm on a Friday night.
Well said, short and to the point.

Thank goodness it was likely a cold winter's night in Memphis where a certain number of people are reluctant to go outside for any reason.

The Memphis Chief of Police seems to radiate no nonsense competence. Yet, the video is released Friday night when there is apparently no real need to do so?

I wonder why not say: Monday at 10:00 in the morning with the work week ahead would not have been better.

Tennessee sheriff stands down two deputies over Tyre Nichols' death Tennessee sheriff stands down two deputies over Tyre Nichols' death via Home | Daily Mail Online

The group of officers could be seen standing around the injured man, first bumping each other as he lays twitching on the ground before an eighth officer appears and paramedics arrive.
There's one thing that didn't happen during the Tyre Nichols' murder, people stopping to fil
When I watched the aftermath of the beating, I heard the five, telling others that rolled up, he high man, he on something, imo, delaying help. I also heard, he went for my gun, he was driving the wrong way, etc. Like they were making excuses for their behavior. None of this is proven at this point. And none of it excuses two officers holding up a half out of it Tyre, who couldn't stand on his own, and allowing another officer to punch him in the head 4-5 times. Appalling. IMO.

Tyre Nichols' stepfather calls for charges against paramedics Tyre Nichols' stepfather calls for charges against paramedics via Home | Daily Mail Online
Everything the officers said and did was to cover their own butts. I think the feds will hit them with civil rights charges also. The so called scorpion unit may have been acting as a rogue cop gang, terrorizing and brutalizing people at will, much like the notorious LA Deputy gangs. How The Lynwood Vikings Paved The Way For LASD Gangs - Knock LA. This young man's life is an enormous price to pay to get five murderers in cop suits off the streets. The screening process for new law enforcement hires must be revamped if men like these get through.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back