PA PA - Dale Kerstetter, 50, Bradford, 13 Sept 1987

I have just caught up with the blogs on this case. My first reaction was that the actions of Patrick Foley are utterly inexplicable to the point that it raised suspicion in my mind about his role. However, on researching him, I found that he was a relatively young HR manager who had been in the job only 2 years and not long graduated. He also continued to work for Corning for 22 years to 2007, so I assume he was not involved. That leaves the possibilities of him either being completely incompetent or acting under orders. Either way he should never have been in any management position based on his actions. A possible explanation is that Corning wanted this to go away as they were in the process of selling the Bradford operation (which they did in the following months) and got Foley to be as obstructive and misleading as possible. As he is still alive (and not that old) it would seem appropriate for LE to reinterview him and try to get to the bottom of his odd behaviour at the time as, at the least, it may remove some of the slurs made about the missing man.

I have just caught up with the blogs on this case. My first reaction was that the actions of Patrick Foley are utterly inexplicable to the point that it raised suspicion in my mind about his role. However, on researching him, I found that he was a relatively young HR manager who had been in the job only 2 years and not long graduated. He also continued to work for Corning for 22 years to 2007, so I assume he was not involved. That leaves the possibilities of him either being completely incompetent or acting under orders. Either way he should never have been in any management position based on his actions. A possible explanation is that Corning wanted this to go away as they were in the process of selling the Bradford operation (which they did in the following months) and got Foley to be as obstructive and misleading as possible. As he is still alive (and not that old) it would seem appropriate for LE to reinterview him and try to get to the bottom of his odd behaviour at the time as, at the least, it may remove some of the slurs made about the missing man.
They certainly didn't put any value on Dale Kerstetter's years of service. It was all too convenient for them to assume he was involved in the heist.

I recently discovered Arrin Stoner's work on YOUTUBE and he featured Dale on his most recent video. Very interesting, and Arrin may have made a key discovery in this case. I'm convinced he has. If the post goes against TOS, please remove; I don't know who the MOD is on this thread, so who to ask whether this video is permitted.
Behind the Scenes: Dale Kerstetter Case

I recently discovered Arrin Stoner's work on YOUTUBE and he featured Dale on his most recent video. Very interesting, and Arrin may have made a key discovery in this case. I'm convinced he has. If the post goes against TOS, please remove; I don't know who the MOD is on this thread, so who to ask whether this video is permitted.
Hopefully, we are getting closer to finding Dale!

Just watched the video. His idea is that Dale is this John Doe, Canada's Nameless - Peterborough John Doe

Discussed here? Or elsewhere? I don’t see anything about it in this thread.
There isn't any mention of it on this thread, so I assume elsewhere? Was DNA testing done to determine whether Dale Kerstetter could be excluded as Peterborough John Doe? IMHO it's an intriguing possibility. And if it isn't him, at least there's some much needed attention on Dale. I also saw the Unsolved Mysteries episode when it came out. It was the first and last time I heard about this case. I don't believe he was involved in the theft. I think he was hoping that help would come, via someone monitoring the cameras in real time. I believe he looked at the camera because he wanted the attention of anyone potentially watching him and the masked man. I also believe he was playing along because he wanted to make it out alive. Sadly, I believe he was kidnapped and murdered elsewhere.

I now have written 2 articles about Dale Kerstetter for my blog you guys might be interested in reading. I have worked closely with his daughter Penny. So much information that wasn't covered in the UM segment that will probably make you rethink your opinion on this case.
Dale Kerstetter: Gone Platinum
Dale Kerstetter: Gone Platinum 2 (The Mystery Deepens)
These articles and the additional information you were able to get from the family and the documents definitely have me rethinking the case.

Kudos on successfully being able to get the video footage. I was thinking it had been so long it should be available to the public by now, and you were able to get it! KUDOS TO YOU!

I just finished watching Arrin Stoner’s video, and wonder if any DNA testing had ever occurred.

There are a couple other thoughts that strike me after rereading here.

1) What was Dale’s weight and height?

2) How far was it from the furnace where the platinum was removed to the exit of the plant the masked man left through?

3) How would a thief know the furnace was not operating at the time they showed up? I would assume when using this furnace at such high temperature, it would take a certain amount of time to cool down, and it would have to be cool to remove the platinum. Can you tell just by driving through the area if the furnace is running or not?

4) Would a thief have to have special knowledge of the furnace to remove the platinum? Special tools?

I just finished watching Arrin Stoner’s video, and wonder if any DNA testing had ever occurred.

There are a couple other thoughts that strike me after rereading here.

1) What was Dale’s weight and height?

2) How far was it from the furnace where the platinum was removed to the exit of the plant the masked man left through?

3) How would a thief know the furnace was not operating at the time they showed up? I would assume when using this furnace at such high temperature, it would take a certain amount of time to cool down, and it would have to be cool to remove the platinum. Can you tell just by driving through the area if the furnace is running or not?

4) Would a thief have to have special knowledge of the furnace to remove the platinum? Special tools?
2DF6106F-3C36-47EE-BC01-30D1172BE4A2.jpeg

So Dale, at 5’4” 130 lbs., could have easily fit into a large duffle bag, and been wheeled out on the cart seen in the video.

Farm girl here, and we regularly carry 2 50 lb. bales of hay at a time, one in each hand, but much more than that gets tough.

Could a big guy have struggled to get Dale out on his own? Sure, but it Dale were incapacitated, it would have been much easier to wheel him out on the cart in the bag.

Sadly, I do not think Dale made it out alive that night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back